Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #75241
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagLite View Post
Yep, that's me.
Acronym challenged.
I don't text, don't have a smart phone either.
In fact the basic phone I have is smarter than me.

Over time and reading context I have figured out most of the acronyms but I still haven't found the REAL meaning for the acronym DR.

Desert Rat?
Design Reject?
Delta Rhino?
Dog Runner?
Duh Rapper?
Doo Run?
Dude Rancher?

What say you experts?

Damn Reliable...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #75242
zdiver1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
Pivot Pegz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
Sweeeeettt.

I'll let you know when they arrive.
I'll take the IMS pegs, at your convenience. No hurry, I have all summer. Price them to allow for shipping and the Paypal fee.

I got the Pivot Pegz from Pro Cycle and love them but at $165. not many want to buy them so my IMS are seating out in the garage wanting to go ride. I am sure I will give a great deal. I will email when I get back from the Bahamas Apr-15 th.Paul
zdiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #75243
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
I got the Pivot Pegz from Pro Cycle and love them but at $165. not many want to buy them so my IMS are seating out in the garage wanting to go ride. I am sure I will give a great deal. I will email when I get back from the Bahamas Apr-15 th.Paul
Bahamas

I'm more likely to see a PM here than an e-mail.

Hole in the Rock; Lake Powell, Utah

They took horses and wagons down this cut (one at a time), and it took them months to do it. Those guys were tough.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #75244
Chill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
I've got a short side stand if anyone wants it. Genuine Suzuki part, the silver one for lowered bikes. I ordered it because I thought I might need it when I went to a 19" front wheel but it's still ok. So it's just sat there now.

I'm based in Oz so sending within Oz would be easier, free to a good home if the postage isn't crazy or maybe the reciever would like to make an ADV donation

I'll post this in the Oz/Kiwi DR650 thread too.
Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #75245
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
TD,

Didn't you adjust the 'pull' cable? If so, yes, you may need to slacken the 'push' cable to allow the butterfly to snap closed.

I know of a few folks that simply remove the 'push' cable as it's redundant (I have not but I did on my DR350SE). There's already a big return spring on the carburetor itself so why add another cable? Some opine that it's due to liability and the 'push' cable is some attorney's idea of how to reduce/eliminate said liability. YMMV.

So, adjust the 'pull' cable with slack in the 'push' cable. Then, remove the slack from the 'push' cable without binding things up. Extra slack in the 'push' cable won't harm anything.
Yes, you're right, I adjusted the pull cable meant to say 'push'. Will give this ago. thanks
Mods: Manrack, ebay 48 litre top box, grind header pipe; B&B bash plate; bigger/better tool compartment (pvc pipe) - Screens For Bikes Windscreen, TM40 Pumper Carb, Safari Tank, Seat Concepts, Oxford Heater Grips, Highway Pegs, Wolfman Expidition bags and racks, HDB handguards, Cogent Mojave rear shock, intiminators, GSX muffler/mod
Thumper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #75246
LexTalionis
Inciteful

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagLite View Post

Beautiful! Please post detailed pics of the finished bike.

Lex
Old 03-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #75247
rand0mlychrisUK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Hey,
What do you guys think about these racks? Pretty good price, but haven't the foggiest about quality

http://www.pmracks.com/products.php?id=3

Cheers
rand0mlychrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #75248
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
This is a good site:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/

acronyms are a subset of abbreviations that can also be pronounced as if they are a word themselves.

So, RFS is Rural Fire Service and hard to pronounce as a word, so its an abbreviation only, but TAFE, say, is an abbreviation for Technical And Further Education, and an acronym too because its like a word as well .
I worked for years in a job that was tied to the Federal Government.

Everytime we had to attend a seminar, I was shocked to hear them pronounce every odd grouping of letters. Awful.

BTW, I already went to Google to find out 2 abbreviations. TLA & FIFY.

I don't text either, but my phone is so old that I'm still smarter than MY phone.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #75249
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mlychrisUK View Post
Hey,
What do you guys think about these racks? Pretty good price, but haven't the foggiest about quality

http://www.pmracks.com/products.php?id=3

Cheers
The price looks ok, but I wouldn't put anything heavy on this rack.

It looks to me like the mounts are all near the front of the rack, from that picture. One case of beer would probably kill it, imho. Or break the bike's frame.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #75250
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,024
I agree with ADV Grifter's assessment, and wanted to add some of my own observations from experience...

IMO, the Intiminators are better than stock. If you're on a tight budget, pop in a set and you'll be happy for a while. Then when you can afford it, switch to Gold Valves and springs. The Intiminators don't prevent brake dive, but they do reduce it, the same way that heavier springs will. Frankly, my new 0.47kg springs and Gold Valves dive LESS than my previous setup of just Intiminators and stock springs. And overall ride quality is superior. I haven't tried Intiminators with stiffer springs, but I bet they'd be pretty good.

I've been going back and forth over what to do with my rear shock.. do it myself (ProCycle kit, $300), send it to Moto-Pro (almost $480) or send it to Cogent ($600). The only one of the three that adds rebound is the Cogent setup, and I'm really inclined to go ahead and spend the money and do it the "right" way and send it there.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #75251
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,416
I had one of these racks ^^^.

They're not flimsy and the build quality is very good. That said, most of the weight, on the rack, is transferred thru the one rear support onto the sub-frame. If you're toting really heavy stuff, there may be better racks available. If it's lightweight camping stuff, it should be fine.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #75252
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
I added this to help with the load:
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #75253
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
I've been going back and forth over what to do with my rear shock.. do it myself (ProCycle kit, $300), send it to Moto-Pro (almost $480) or send it to Cogent ($600). The only one of the three that adds rebound is the Cogent setup, and I'm really inclined to go ahead and spend the money and do it the "right" way and send it there.

Rob
The Race Tech Shock Shaft Assembly adds rebound. I realize it isn't one in your list so I thought I'd throw that out there. It's also got a larger shaft than stock, which may be better (I'm not saying it is) if Cogent rebuilds the stock shock using the stock shock shaft.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #75254
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzs View Post
Thumpers to Split .. DR to be moved to back water?

I dont really understand, all I know is I log onto adv and learn about DR's, if this is going to be lost due to stuff I don't understand I will spend more time on DRRIDERS site, if DRRIDERS site grows that will keep me happy. I love ADV so I guess they will do what is nessesary, maybe it is time I payed a donation to ADV keep the DR thread and all other threads going, or maybe ADV loose all the non bike thread/forums...which I equally enjoy, but stay true to bike related info only, I can go anywhere and search for bulls#*t stuff, if doesn't need to be on a bike forum, loose it , I hate to say it..but if this is going to help keep the DR thread going, loose Jo MAMA,
If dr riders accepted dr350 riders, they might really take off. Sort of odd to be called dr riders but include only one dr.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #75255
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
The price looks ok, but I wouldn't put anything heavy on this rack.

It looks to me like the mounts are all near the front of the rack, from that picture. One case of beer would probably kill it, imho. Or break the bike's frame.
I have that rack. It works just fine and is plenty hurkey. I use it to lift the bike even.