Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #75406
rand0mlychrisUK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by barko1 View Post
You got the good one with the purple frame. Purple = Power
Well thank you!...any particular reason that the purple frame is the good one? Or is it just because it looks AAAAAWWEEEEESOOOOOOOME? :P
rand0mlychrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #75407
Tman00
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
seat options

I have a 2009 DR. As most know the stock seat is horrible. I have a Seat Concept Seat on now,but for me it is not much more comfy than stock. I have also tried the Corbin-not pleased either. 30-45 min is about all I can take before taking a break. Is there any other options any one has tried?
Tman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #75408
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman00 View Post
I have a 2009 DR. As most know the stock seat is horrible. I have a Seat Concept Seat on now,but for me it is not much more comfy than stock. I have also tried the Corbin-not pleased either. 30-45 min is about all I can take before taking a break. Is there any other options any one has tried?
If you stay on road more often I would suggest a V-strom seat
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #75409
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mlychrisUK View Post
Well thank you!...any particular reason that the purple frame is the good one? Or is it just because it looks AAAAAWWEEEEESOOOOOOOME? :P
Just the total OMG awesomeness of purple power But be sure the torque limiter is good http://www.kientech.com/DR650TorqueLimiter.html

1998 and early '99 were equipped with a solid idler gear that created a problem when the engine kicked back during shutdown, breaking out the gear bearing bosses. This also breaks out and destroys the left case half due to its ridged design. The case halves always come in matched pairs and cost in excess of $650.00 not to mention labor charges to change all internal parts into new cases. This should not be taken lightly. '96 and '97 had the torque limiter gear that is designed to slip due to a preloaded slip clutch arrangement. Well they went back to this design in mid '99 after vin # X2100561 so if your Vin # predates this you should consider installing this updated item shown above.
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000,, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, 1965 Bridgestone 90!
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #75410
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump! View Post
Slippery, yes, but no rust protection. Doesn't matter on the clutch arm but other places it might.

Need water for rust, haven't seen any off that down here
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000,, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, 1965 Bridgestone 90!
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #75411
LexTalionis
Inciteful

Oddometer: 428
TO: KRUSTY / off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTalionis [IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\GLENNW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\cli p_image001.gif[/IMG]
For the past two days I’ve had a problem with ADVrider personal messaging.

I log in to send a PM, find I have to go to Control Panel to access my PM Folder, there is no click-through by my name in the upper right corner of the screen.

There, I find this statement: “You have 2 messages stored, of a total of 0 allowed.” I’m not allowed to have any stored messages now?

When I go to “Yo” I can send an email to myself, but it does not arrive.

Further, there’s no way for me to reply to either of the stored messages.

Under Edit Options I have ”Receive Email from other inmates” checked.

What’s up with this? Anyone know what’s going on here? How to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty ... [IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\GLENNW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\cli p_image001.gif[/IMG]
Lex, my pm's are working. Since they are, I took the liberty of sending your description of your trouble to AceRph. Hopefully, he'll look after getting you fixed up.

Hello Krusty,

Could you give me a timeline for AceRph's response? There has been no change in my situation, it's now been over a week without my adoring public being able to PM me, and five days since my complaint on this thread.

PLUS, I'm informed that other forum members are experiencing this problem, also! Is my problem the tip of a growing iceberg?

Forgot to mention this other aspect of my problem: when I go to a member’s homepage, there’s no link to allow me to send a PM to that member.

Any insight and help you can provide is much appreciated - by myself and others.

Thanks in advance,
Lex

P.S. I would have sent this request via PM but, well, you know...
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #75412
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,862
Quote:
A Fischer custom seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #75413
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Alaska Leather dual-sport size sheepskin buttpad + Corbin seat= 10 hours capable, to me, at least. The Corbin takes time to break in, like a good pair of work boots ...

Krusty ... screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 05:03 PM
Krusty ... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #75414
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,243
Quote:
I haven't tried either, but if a newer Corbin can't make you comfortable, you have no hope.

I say "newer" because I happaned across a used Corbin on a DR650 that was far too soft for Corbin seat foam. Either the foam had broken down, or ... ?

Is this a weight issue, or can you not sit on a bicycle saddle longer than 30 minutes either? (Gotta develop that riding butt.)
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #75415
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTalionis
Hello Krusty,

Could you give me a timeline for AceRph's response? There has been no change in my situation, it's now been over a week without my adoring public being able to PM me, and five days since my complaint on this thread.

PLUS, I'm informed that other forum members are experiencing this problem, also! Is my problem the tip of a growing iceberg?

Forgot to mention this other aspect of my problem: when I go to a member’s homepage, there’s no link to allow me to send a PM to that member.

Any insight and help you can provide is much appreciated - by myself and others.

Thanks in advance,
Lex

[CONEOFSILENCE]
Roger got back to me on the 28th, and said people were working on it, and it might take a few days. Apparently, you broke it really good . I asked if he had contacted you with that info, but he didn't reply .

Meantime, have you checked your settings, to see if your PMs for turned off somehow? Also, when I quote your posts, there's paragraphs of code that I don't normally see. Not sure if that means anything.
Short of that, I got nothin'...
[/CONEOFSILENCE]

Krusty ... screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 02:03 PM
Krusty ... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #75416
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,704
205'd by Krusty......................and I got a whole boatload of code too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty ... View Post
[CONEOFSILENCE]
Apparently, you broke it really good . [/CONEOFSILENCE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTalionis View Post
Hello Krusty,

Thanks in advance,
Lex

Hi Lex.
Do you have the Enable Private Messaging box checked? I know, too simple; but that's all I have.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -

ER70S-2 screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 02:08 PM
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #75417
Midnightventure
-

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
I have a Sargent seat and have ridden it more than 300 miles in a day. This was on curvy roads with a lot of shifting around. I am usually more comfortable on curvy roads.
Midnightventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #75418
LexTalionis
Inciteful

Oddometer: 428
Thank you and no more postings on this problem

Thank you, Krusty and also Roger and ER70S-2 for your efforts at sorting this out.

Quote:
Roger got back to me on the 28th, and said people were working on it, and it might take a few days. Apparently, you broke it really good.

If Roger tried to PM me, I wouldn’t be able to receive the PM…

Quote:
Meantime, have you checked your settings, to see if your PMs for turned off somehow? Also, when I quote your posts, there's paragraphs of code that I don't normally see. Not sure if that means anything.
Short of that, I got nothin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTalionis View Post
Under Edit Options I have ”Receive Email from other inmates” checked.
I notice that Adv Grifter has started a thread in Ask Baldy complaining that he has the same problem as me. NOW I’ve got my suspicions , this is all the fault of that rascally Adv Grifter (he’s always getting’ into trouble) and I’m simply an innocent caught up in the over-kill.

I will discontinue pursuing this problem in the DR650 thread, and post instead in Adv Grifter’s thread.

Again, thank you all for your assistance, and apologies to everyone else for the intrusion – I didn’t know enough to post in Baldy’s thread, before. Won't happen again, promise.

Lex
Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #75419
805gregg
Just Stroming along

Oddometer: 1,493
Quote:
I just spent 12 days in Mexico riding 6-8 hrs a day, my Sargent seat never gave me any pain, 3rd bike I've gone with Sargent, haven't been disappointed yet.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #75420
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

No worries, Lex. I hope it gets worked out soon.