User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #7546
garymonster
Banned

Oddometer: 195
Is there such a thing as overkill?

Looks like a rolling gas can. How much fuel does this monster carry? (the yellow one)

One stray flaming arrow and you're toast.
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #7547
RearView
Caveman Philosopher

Oddometer: 532
Another hot unused outlet

Just a little something I found. I had wired my GPS and voltmeter to the hot plug near the headlight and wanted to add in my heated grips but worried about draw. There is another unused plug under the seat near the battery. It is switched power identical to the one near the headlight. Worked perfect for me and haven't had any problems with the grips...although now that I've said it I'll be riding a DR650 shaped fireball tomorrow down the beach. Give it a look if you need more electrical hookups. Always put in an inline fuse.
RearView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:02 AM   #7548
Celt777
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Thumbs down Land of the Free?

Dude, I want that sick big DR so bad I can taste it. Why is it that all the really cool thumpers go to Europe anyway? I would love a Yamaha XT660 but as usual...unavailable to us here in the States. Kinda blows.
Celt777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #7549
Tall Man
Freelancer

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Why is it that all the really cool thumpers go to Europe anyway?
For the same reason that the U.S. market is flooded with cruiser-class* motorcycles -- it is what the market demands. Suzuki and the rest are in business to turn a profit. Period. If one constituency wants competent touring rigs and enduros and the other group wants chrome-laden tractors, well, that's capitalism. And, putting aside for the moment one's desire for a particular and unobtainable trinket, capitalism still gives us more choices -- by several orders of magnitude -- than any other economic system presently available. So God bless it.

*An apt designation!

TM
Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #7550
MaxPower
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Like some Local Honest answers

Anyone in Wisconsin that has an older DR650 that does there own work? It would be great to get some opinions that don't belong to a guy in the shop with a parts department.
MaxPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #7551
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,554
Hey, folks... I put a WTB ad up in the Flea Market, but I'll ask here, too. I need a chain guard for my DR650SE. Mine is currently on it's own adventure ride separately, or is lying in some adventure ditch somewhere.

PM me if you have an extra you'd like to part with . TIA

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Krusty ... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #7552
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man
For the same reason that the U.S. market is flooded with cruiser-class* motorcycles -- it is what the market demands. Suzuki and the rest are in business to turn a profit. Period. If one constituency wants competent touring rigs and enduros and the other group wants chrome-laden tractors, well, that's capitalism. And, putting aside for the moment one's desire for a particular and unobtainable trinket, capitalism still gives us more choices -- by several orders of magnitude -- than any other economic system presently available. So God bless it.

*An apt designation!

TM
i agree wit u TALL MAN it's absolutly market demands , in the U.S. they rush for street bikes or CHROME LADEN TRACTORS ,( lol ) however , those kinds of bikes require big advertisements , & specl. marketing system to make it closer to the cosummers demands , i bet u every Dr650 riders would want to grap a DR-BIG in a heart beat ( once u test drive one ),they even have clubs & threads for BIG'S all over europe ,but this bike is popular all over the world except in U.S. ,check that pic. 4 DR-BIG club in Germany ...i love to do that here in the U.S. someday soon !!!
Attached Images

DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #7553
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,520
Question Any of you Derelicts have this??

inmates
anyone bought these pannier racks? they look well-done to me and the guy has 100% positive ratings.... they also look a bit heavy
Feedback?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170152636777

Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #7554
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 7,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty ...
Hey, folks... I put a WTB ad up in the Flea Market, but I'll ask here, too. I need a chain guard for my DR650SE. Mine is currently on it's own adventure ride separately, or is lying in some adventure ditch somewhere.

PM me if you have an extra you'd like to part with . TIA
Keintech has a beauty for about $70 that's much better than a stock one.

http://www.kientech.com/DR650AdjustableChainGuide.htm
Old 09-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #7555
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
Keintech has a beauty for about $70 that's much better than a stock one.

http://www.kientech.com/DR650AdjustableChainGuide.htm
Not a chain guide, a chain guard. What Suzuki calls a "chain case". Part number 19 in this diagram...

http://demo.motorsportdealers.com/mo...3157624PSX&z=2

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Krusty ... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #7556
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
I can believe that you lost it. I have a new '07 with 1200 miles on it and I was doing a pre ride inspection today and found the forward bolt gone. I took it off so I wouldn't lose it. I'll find an appropriate bolt and reinstall it with some blue loctite.

I was gonna lube the chain but decided not to because I didn't want to wear it. LOL
Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #7557
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22
inmates
anyone bought these pannier racks? they look well-done to me and the guy has 100% positive ratings.... they also look a bit heavy
Feedback?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170152636777

I have them but I paid more then that used. They look like the Happy Trails Original design. I think this guy is selling knockoffs. I like mine. I would recco that you buy some before the seller does time.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #7558
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Oddometer: 875
Man, hard to keep up with this thread.

I've seen quite of few DR owners who say the bike feels content at 70-75mph. To my untrained ear, it feels really happy at 50-55mph, stock gearing. Any idea what kind of RPM's these things turn at a given speed? (GPS speed, the speedo is 10% off)

my 02 has only been in my garage for about 3 weeks, but it's been a liberating experieince. It reminds me of when I got my first real bicycle. I've been taking some (paved) roads I'd never try on my previous street bikes. Just because they're there. Just to see where they go.

I also ventured over Redington Pass here in Tucson. It's hardly ADV-worthy, but I sure wouldn't try it with my Tuono. My (64-year-old) Dad is so pumped about my DR, he's looking for one too; in the Phoenix area. He's a H-D guy, but he wants to "get back to basics," in his words.

The more I ride it, the more I like it. Good stuff guys, thanks.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #7559
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Talking Kaboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster

One stray flaming arrow and you're toast.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #7560
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Thumb I smell fun....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyVees
The more I ride it, the more I like it. Good stuff guys, thanks.
No kidding! I put my Beemer up for sale today. It's just parked now. I'm having too much fun! I'm going to replace it with a KTM Adv 990. At least then when I take my other bike out it will have some of the "Fun" qualities of my DR. This thing just oozes fun.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote