Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #7546
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
Keintech has a beauty for about $70 that's much better than a stock one.

http://www.kientech.com/DR650AdjustableChainGuide.htm
Not a chain guide, a chain guard. What Suzuki calls a "chain case". Part number 19 in this diagram...

http://demo.motorsportdealers.com/mo...3157624PSX&z=2
Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #7547
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
I can believe that you lost it. I have a new '07 with 1200 miles on it and I was doing a pre ride inspection today and found the forward bolt gone. I took it off so I wouldn't lose it. I'll find an appropriate bolt and reinstall it with some blue loctite.

I was gonna lube the chain but decided not to because I didn't want to wear it. LOL
Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #7548
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22
inmates
anyone bought these pannier racks? they look well-done to me and the guy has 100% positive ratings.... they also look a bit heavy
Feedback?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170152636777

I have them but I paid more then that used. They look like the Happy Trails Original design. I think this guy is selling knockoffs. I like mine. I would recco that you buy some before the seller does time.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #7549
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Oddometer: 875
Man, hard to keep up with this thread.

I've seen quite of few DR owners who say the bike feels content at 70-75mph. To my untrained ear, it feels really happy at 50-55mph, stock gearing. Any idea what kind of RPM's these things turn at a given speed? (GPS speed, the speedo is 10% off)

my 02 has only been in my garage for about 3 weeks, but it's been a liberating experieince. It reminds me of when I got my first real bicycle. I've been taking some (paved) roads I'd never try on my previous street bikes. Just because they're there. Just to see where they go.

I also ventured over Redington Pass here in Tucson. It's hardly ADV-worthy, but I sure wouldn't try it with my Tuono. My (64-year-old) Dad is so pumped about my DR, he's looking for one too; in the Phoenix area. He's a H-D guy, but he wants to "get back to basics," in his words.

The more I ride it, the more I like it. Good stuff guys, thanks.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #7550
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Talking Kaboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster

One stray flaming arrow and you're toast.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #7551
alprosound
HappyMan

Thumb I smell fun....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyVees
The more I ride it, the more I like it. Good stuff guys, thanks.
No kidding! I put my Beemer up for sale today. It's just parked now. I'm having too much fun! I'm going to replace it with a KTM Adv 990. At least then when I take my other bike out it will have some of the "Fun" qualities of my DR. This thing just oozes fun.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

Old 09-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #7552
alprosound
HappyMan

Thumb She Calls me Dr Big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
i agree wit u TALL MAN it's absolutly market demands , in the U.S. they rush for street bikes or CHROME LADEN TRACTORS ,( lol ) however , those kinds of bikes require big advertisements , & specl. marketing system to make it closer to the cosummers demands , i bet u every Dr650 riders would want to grap a DR-BIG in a heart beat ( once u test drive one ),they even have clubs & threads for BIG'S all over europe ,but this bike is popular all over the world except in U.S. ,check that pic. 4 DR-BIG club in Germany ...i love to do that here in the U.S. someday soon !!!
I agree. Like I mentioned earlier, I bet they'd be popular here but that's not a bet that Suzuki is willing to take. I don't blame them. They'd never beat out the cruiser market here. It's a business choice and most of the time they are pretty smart about these things. Most of the time.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #7553
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,316
Quote:
I've seen quite of few DR owners who say the bike feels content at 70-75mph. To my untrained ear, it feels really happy at 50-55mph, stock gearing. Any idea what kind of RPM's these things turn at a given speed? (GPS speed, the speedo is 10% off)
Mine feels happy between 62-65 indicated in top gear. Around 50-55 indicated, it feels like it is lugging in top gear, so I shift to 4th.

Quote:
The more I ride it, the more I like it.
That's still true for me after six years of riding it. Simple, basic versatility.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #7554
DRDude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Rejetting

Well, I bit the bullet and am doing the jetting on my '06 DR. I disconnected most everything from the carb, I just have one more line. Question is, on the right side of bike, there are two lines coming off carb, one goes to small filter above the airbox, does anyone know where the other goes.
I put pix here
http://web.mac.com/chriskoz/iWeb/Site/dr650%20Carb.html
if anyone feels like looking.
The line may need to be plugged. This may be why I am getting a rough idle. If anyone has a picture of their airbox with the holes cut out, that would be a big help as well.
Thank You

DRDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #7555
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
little hose

I think that one goes to atmosphere. Make sure it isn't plugged or kinked and run it back to the rear like over the airbox. Just let it hang free out the side once and see if the bike runs better.

Make sure the other small vacuum line is hooked to the petcock and not kinked. I think those are the only 3 lines you have to mess with but it has been a while since I did mine, so maybe wait for someone with some sense chimes in!!!!

If you start with the fuel screw out maybe 1.5 turns or so, it should run and you should be able to tune it in/out from there.
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #7556
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
go here for airbox mod

http://www.kientech.com/DJDR650AbMod.htm
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #7557
DRDude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Forgot to mention I have an IMS tank so there is only one line coming off petcock, other line is plugged coming off carb.
Thanks for the help so far

DRDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #7558
eldavo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 764
Quote:
I have a topgun digital tach/hourmeter kit fitted, at 110kph indicated it runs ~4320rpm. With 14T front sprocke, that was ~4670rpm.

I was getting 5.7L/100km with the 14T. With the OE 15T back in, getting 5L/100km on the same commute. I have a 145main jet, slide drilled, airbox door pre-filter.

The 14T is perfect everywhere except for the fuel range dropped on the highway... i.e. effectively taking 1.4L more out of the 13L tank.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #7559
Noreaster
Fat and Cuddly again

Oddometer: 1,395
Pipe to header junction.

there is no gasket or seal on mine. Should there be? Can I make on out of silicone?

" I hate to burst bubbles, but the Last Frontier is paved..." JRMosley
2005 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom
2005 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #7560
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
I agree. Like I mentioned earlier, I bet they'd be popular here but that's not a bet that Suzuki is willing to take. I don't blame them. They'd never beat out the cruiser market here. It's a business choice and most of the time they are pretty smart about these things. Most of the time.
well , my man ,if u r a Doctor & u have a big one then u deserve to be called DR-BIG ,TOP it off with the real 800S & ur the man ...how about this red one ??
Attached Images

DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote