ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #84331
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
Up here in New England...

Starbucks box for the water cooled GS crowd.

And the KTM crowd just stays at home on cold days the big ninnies.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #84332
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Starbucks box for the water cooled GS crowd.

And the KTM crowd just stays at home on cold days the big ninnies.
...or they trailer to a warmer area.

GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #84333
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer
 
ER70S-2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SE Denver-ish
Oddometer: 5,926
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post

Starbucks box

water cooled

GS crowd.

And the KTM crowd just stays at home on cold days the big ninnies.
And heated vests.

Last ride of the season, I'm sending the shock back to Cogent for a refresh next week. It's a little overdue at 40,732 miles.



Besides with the shock gone, I won't have to buy an electric vest.

__________________
2004 DR650: 62,400 miles
2013 WR250R

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #84334
Hotwheelbill
Adventurer
 
Hotwheelbill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: North Flatsonville
Oddometer: 90
1993 dr650

I just picked up a 1993 DR650 for a ....cheap price (I hope). It has 12k miles. The problem is a loud...very loud top end chatter. I don't mean like a little valve chatter. This is like someone inside with hammer wanting to get out chatter. But it is upper , head, valves, cam?
The bike still runs good and has all the power it should have, but damn that sound!
I plan to tear into it, but anyone have any ideas?
Hotwheelbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #84335
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelbill View Post
I just picked up a 1993 DR650 for a ....cheap price (I hope). It has 12k miles. The problem is a loud...very loud top end chatter. I don't mean like a little valve chatter. This is like someone inside with hammer wanting to get out chatter. But it is upper , head, valves, cam?
The bike still runs good and has all the power it should have, but damn that sound!
I plan to tear into it, but anyone have any ideas?
Pre 96 DR650 Thread.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #84336
Hotwheelbill
Adventurer
 
Hotwheelbill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: North Flatsonville
Oddometer: 90
Thanks.
Hotwheelbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #84337
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
3 degrees here in Broomfield CO.
__________________
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #84338
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"
 
Rusty Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Trying to leave CT
Oddometer: 8,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
3 degrees here in Broomfield CO.
and all this time I thought you were near Melbourne.
__________________
on one side the sign it said "Private Road", but on the other side it didn't say nothin'
2009 DR650
..1972 Penton Six-Days ..1971 Suzuki TS185.. 2005 KTM 400exc
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #84339
1989THEARK
Gnarly Adventurer
 
1989THEARK's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Moreno Valley Ca
Oddometer: 300
Question So i was curious.i put a vapor on my DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
and all this time I thought you were near Melbourne.
With my stock battery and charging system and having a vapor installed.
Could i still run some heated gear?
If so anyone has some suggestions on brand?

Or would i need to get that upgraded stator from procycle and shorai battery?

I guess i cant complain much with it only being 40 degrees. But at 65mph to work for 12 miles it feels more like 20degrees
1989THEARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #84340
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
blugg1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Bisbee, AZ
Oddometer: 418
I've been in Melbourne. But not for long. They have alligators. I live in Arizona. I'm not ready for aquatic lizards. Better to duke it out with a gila monster.
__________________
2013 TU250x, 2012 SYM HD200 EVO
blugg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #84341
NC Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc
 
NC Rick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
And heated vests.

Last ride of the season, I'm sending the shock back to Cogent for a refresh next week. It's a little overdue at 40,732 miles.



Besides with the shock gone, I won't have to buy an electric vest.

40,000 miles. That is pure shock abuse, you, you, abuser of shocks, you.

Punishment will be a small sample of the liquified skunk we will remove, sent back with the nice fresh shock.

It will be good to see another of our baby's home for a visit. Proper love and cuddling will be lavished upon it!

Thanks!
__________________
Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc.
motocd.com
NC Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #84342
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer
 
sandwash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Flagstaff Az
Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989THEARK View Post
With my stock battery and charging system and having a vapor installed.
Could i still run some heated gear?
If so anyone has some suggestions on brand?

Or would i need to get that upgraded stator from procycle and shorai battery?

I guess i cant complain much with it only being 40 degrees. But at 65mph to work for 12 miles it feels more like 20degrees
Vaopr's use milli amps not mega amps,you will be fine.
__________________
97dr650
sandwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #84343
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer
 
ER70S-2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SE Denver-ish
Oddometer: 5,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
40,000 miles. That is pure shock abuse, you, you, abuser of shocks, you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
Punishment will be a small sample of the liquified skunk we will remove, sent back with the nice fresh shock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
It will be good to see another of our baby's home for a visit.
Long term abuse test data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
Proper love and cuddling will be lavished upon it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick View Post
Thanks!
Thanks for engineering a competent suspension for our DRs; including the DDCs.
__________________
2004 DR650: 62,400 miles
2013 WR250R

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -

ER70S-2 screwed with this post 12-05-2013 at 08:17 PM
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #84344
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"
 
Rusty Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Trying to leave CT
Oddometer: 8,859
wow, I have 30,000 miles left on my shock.

and I only have 1000 miles on the DDC's so far

so glad NC Rick took an interest in our beasts.
__________________
on one side the sign it said "Private Road", but on the other side it didn't say nothin'
2009 DR650
..1972 Penton Six-Days ..1971 Suzuki TS185.. 2005 KTM 400exc
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #84345
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by blugg1 View Post
I've been in Melbourne. But not for long. They have alligators. I live in Arizona. I'm not ready for aquatic lizards. Better to duke it out with a gila monster.
Correction...Melbourne area has LOTS of alligators. One of the biggest gators in the state was pulled out of Lake Washington. Melbourne area has a few cottonmouths too. At least the crocs, killer bees, burmese pythons, and anacondas haven't come that far north yet. I saw a panther by Palm Bay though, so they're coming a bit further north now.

The bellow of the DR opening up seems to hurry even the biggest gators off of the canal levees though, so I don't worry much about the gators unless I find myself off the bike near water.

I'm not worrying about gators this week though. Colorado doesn't seem to have many.
__________________
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014