Old 05-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #31
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusgus
Tractor this stuff is perfect.....

Thanks

I should make some headway this evening and then finish it tomorrow.

Thanks lots.
Did you quiet that P.O.S. down any.
TR
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #32
Gusgus OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,308
Thumbs down Nope

I gave it a college try and it didn't work. Well the stuff you gave me (a fantastic deal on) worked well, I used it all actually. It fit in very well, but the bike is just as noisy as it was before. What do you suggest?
I am thinking about going towards the stock muffler first and then if that doesn't fix it, putting the cat back on and doing without aftermarket new shit.
Gusgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #33
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusgus
I gave it a college try and it didn't work. Well the stuff you gave me (a fantastic deal on) worked well, I used it all actually. It fit in very well, but the bike is just as noisy as it was before. What do you suggest?
I am thinking about going towards the stock muffler first and then if that doesn't fix it, putting the cat back on and doing without aftermarket new shit.
Look Gus, I'm big on OEM. The factory (BMW) has a pencil neck geek that has a calculator and a slide rule not to mention an abacus and a degree, to figure all the shit out so the bike will make the mileage that sells more bikes. My suggestion is put it back to stock, and ride the F*ck out of it. OR PUT A LARGE STEREO AND AMPS ON IT, SO ALL YOU HERE IS THE MUSIC. Screw that noisy pipe. Just ride

TR
>
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #34
Gusgus OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACTOR RIDER
Look Gus, I'm big on OEM. The factory (BMW) has a pencil neck geek that has a calculator and a slide rule not to mention an abacus and a degree, to figure all the shit out so the bike will make the mileage that sells more bikes. My suggestion is put it back to stock, and ride the F*ck out of it. OR PUT A LARGE STEREO AND AMPS ON IT, SO ALL YOU HERE IS THE MUSIC. Screw that noisy pipe. Just ride

TR
>

YES YES YES. I too have always been with an OEM predisposed life. Yet the bait of "aftermarket" power, and weight savings, were more than I could refuse. The power is exceptional, and so is the noise. I have ridden with Fast Lane, his system is loud. A Two Brothers cat eliminator, also. Yet it wasn't as loud as I think mine is. I actually believed it would be OK, until "post" install. Now It is coming off and stock is going back on. For the time being. I will find a better "aftermarket? muff soon, and try try again
Gusgus is offline   Reply With Quote