Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #4366
sir phily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
I can get 450 km out of mine no worries, on longer runs taking it easy fully loaded with luggage can get 500 km,
Still haven't seen any other bike that can match them in standard trim.

Cheers Phil
sir phily is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #4367
LeglessOne
Baiter of OldDog

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MymoJoe View Post
So you reckon the FMx ones are higher?

QUOTE=LeglessOne;21885107]I think RC highs are the highest and same angle as standard.
[/QUOTE]

When I set my 625 up with an MSC Dampner and riser I needed just a bit more height (6'4") Suttos said the RC highs were the highest.

That combo worked out perfect for me when standing.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #4368
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,860
Thanks

Yeah my last 625 had the msc damper which gave a great rise. I still needed 15mm increase with the standard bars..

The Scott's doesn't allow as much height from risers as it is above bar..

I will try the raptor bars. After a few measurements tonight I think it will work. Bit of cable re routing.. Hopefully

When I set my 625 up with an MSC Dampner and riser I needed just a bit more height (6'4") Suttos said the RC highs were the highest.

That combo worked out perfect for me when standing.[/QUOTE]

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #4369
Dr AT
(KTM quack)

Oddometer: 2,026
joe, my standard ktm bars measure 790 w / 98 high so those renthal figures seem reasonable when you consider my bars have had 6 years of abuse.

And the steinhouse link I posted earlier is to a sub bar mount that fits a scott damper ( expensive, but tat's not an issue for those of us who keep bikes for more than a few weeks)
Dr AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #4370
Chappa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir phily View Post
I can get 450 km out of mine no worries, on longer runs taking it easy fully loaded with luggage can get 500 km,
Still haven't seen any other bike that can match them in standard trim.

Cheers Phil
I did a trip from Melb to Cape York last year with 3 riders on 640ADV mine could go 500K Bike 2 450k (bit bigger rider) Bike 3 was out at 300K all bikes were jetted exactly the same only diff was bike 3 still had pollution stuff connected does anyone know if that would be the cause of excessive fuel consumption?
Chappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #4371
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,860
Oh funny farkkker

Ok, thank, looked at the Steinhouse option and have one coming. That should work for me.

That way I can use riser to raise the bar or raise the mount as needed and I like the standard bars.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr AT View Post
joe, my standard ktm bars measure 790 w / 98 high so those renthal figures seem reasonable when you consider my bars have had 6 years of abuse.

And the steinhouse link I posted earlier is to a sub bar mount that fits a scott damper ( expensive, but tat's not an issue for those of us who keep bikes for more than a few weeks)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #4372
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappa View Post
I did a trip from Melb to Cape York last year with 3 riders on 640ADV mine could go 500K Bike 2 450k (bit bigger rider) Bike 3 was out at 300K all bikes were jetted exactly the same only diff was bike 3 still had pollution stuff connected does anyone know if that would be the cause of excessive fuel consumption?
I can't say definitively that the anti pollution stuff is the entire cause of that sort of fuel consumption (which is ridiculously high).
What I can say is that I don't know of any vehicle that gets better fuel economy with the addition of anti pollution gear, and I know that every motor I have removed it from gets an instant increase in engine response, power, and fuel economy. The differencse can range from mild to quite drastic.
Did bike 3 hold a lower gear and more revs too? Did it have a poorly adjusted float? Was the final gearing different? There are many other factors that may also have had a cumulative impact.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #4373
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,047
non oem sidestand

Has anyone got/used a non oem sidestand on the lc4 620sc/sx 640adv/hard etc?,i have a 620sc 98 model that has a centerstand which is missing the springs/bellcrank etc,i want to get if possible a cheap/non oem side stand assembly to put on this bike.Anything around that will mount on oem frame lugs/swingarm and work ok?,and if so who was the supplier.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #4374
Dr AT
(KTM quack)

I've got an sw motech sidestand, it works with the centrestand BUT it shares a mounting bolt with the centrestand and they use a glorified alloy piece of junk that came loose (despite super loctite ) and is somewhere around boulia. A few years ago there was a group buy of high tensile shouldered bolts that were a reasonable replacement, I bought a couple but am now on my last one

Alternatively, ballards used to sell a sidestand that clamped to swing arms???
Old 07-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #4375
prestonpaul
What?

Oddometer: 1,497
Oz/Kiwi KTM 640 ADV riders sign in here please.

I think I have some bolts left somewhere, if I can find them I'll bang a couple more in the post for you
Old 07-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #4376
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Has anyone got/used a non oem sidestand on the lc4 620sc/sx 640adv/hard etc?,i have a 620sc 98 model that has a centerstand which is missing the springs/bellcrank etc,i want to get if possible a cheap/non oem side stand assembly to put on this bike.Anything around that will mount on oem frame lugs/swingarm and work ok?,and if so who was the supplier.
I've got the swmotech sidestand too, it's a good bit of kit that also likes to take bark from your shins when it auto-retracts.
I can recommend them as a solution.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #4377
Dr AT
(KTM quack)

Relocate the spring attatchment ( there is a picture of mine on this thread , page 30)

Dr AT screwed with this post 07-20-2013 at 09:03 PM
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #4378
Chappa
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
I can't say definitively that the anti pollution stuff is the entire cause of that sort of fuel consumption (which is ridiculously high).
What I can say is that I don't know of any vehicle that gets better fuel economy with the addition of anti pollution gear, and I know that every motor I have removed it from gets an instant increase in engine response, power, and fuel economy. The differencse can range from mild to quite drastic.
Did bike 3 hold a lower gear and more revs too? Did it have a poorly adjusted float? Was the final gearing different? There are many other factors that may also have had a cumulative impact.
Thanks GodSilla all gearing was the same Unfortunately I'll never find out as the guy has sold the offending bike I would have liked to got to the bottom of it as I can't see how it could have used so much fuel and still run well
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #4379
Chappa
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
I have a spare SM motech stand and the springs you can have if you can round up the mounting bracket
Old 07-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #4380
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappa View Post
I have a spare SM motech stand and the springs you can have if you can round up the mounting bracket
Thanks for the offer chappa,was luckey enough to find with some spares i got both the 2 springs and a new bellcrank,so all sorted.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote