ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #91
wa_tony
bikeless
 
wa_tony's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotyred
With the KTM sidestand you can't run the centre stand at the same time. Have a look in the 'sticky' at the top of the THUMPERS page. There is a mine of information there - search and you will find.
I believe it can be done as one of the chaps here in perth put up this thread a while ago.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...58#post3280758

Tony (advless)
wa_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #92
Canuck in Oz
you still here
 
Canuck in Oz's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Oddometer: 628
one

Lc4

Canuck in Oz screwed with this post 01-01-2007 at 09:48 PM
Canuck in Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:23 PM   #93
Gman640
Gravity man
 
Gman640's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Bathurst Aust
Oddometer: 178
05 640Adv

Wings titanium, Garmin600, small cheap route holder, heated grips, Ortlieb panniers, Moto-sportpanniers racks, home made ripoff of TT rack plate (will give template & instructions! Only cost $30. and about 30 hr's of mucking around!) Coolah Tops Nat park, june 06, got down to -10deg overnight!!
Gman640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #94
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Mudgee, Australia
Oddometer: 4,259
Here it is again

Yeah yeah i know it's been posted here before, but it's rebuilt and tarted up now

__________________
“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:41 AM   #95
mcguyver
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: BRISBANE
Oddometer: 1,238
Woohoo
I can finally post in this thread. Picked up a new 06 640 last week. Looks the same as everyone elses except that mine came with ADV sticker straight from the dealer. Whoever stuck it on thankyou.
Havnt had a chance to have a decent ride on it yet but so far I love it.

Just been going through the books etc and mention is made of a service book. I hav ethe owners manual in evry language known to man and the parts book, but no service book as such. Before I ring the dealer can anyon etell me if I should have got one? Cheers
Saab
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #96
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer
 
scottmoto16's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Tasmania Australia
Oddometer: 2,076
Howdy Saab

Congrats on your new bike , your going to love it......

My 05 mod never came with a service book either , dealer told me they didn't come with them any more.
__________________
NO LONGER ORANGE
scottmoto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #97
Andrew2
Team 250
 
Andrew2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Wollongong,N.S.W.
Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by saab463
Looks the same as everyone elses except that mine came with ADV sticker straight from the dealer. Whoever stuck it on thankyou.
Your welcome.I've been sitting on that bike at least once a fortnight for months now.Thought a new bike deserves a new sticker.Have fun.
Andrew
__________________

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:58 AM   #98
Racketeer
Must escape......
 
Racketeer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne near the sshitty...I mean the City!!
Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2
Your welcome.I've been sitting on that bike at least once a fortnight for months now.Thought a new bike deserves a new sticker.Have fun.
Andrew
Top work on buying a 640 Saab....like mine....

Also, top work Andy!!! Sneeky bugger aren't ya!!!!!
Racketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:30 AM   #99
Andrew2
Team 250
 
Andrew2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Wollongong,N.S.W.
Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racketeer
Top work on buying a 640 Saab....like mine....

Also, top work Andy!!! Sneeky bugger aren't ya!!!!!
It is the festive season.
A2
__________________

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #100
mcguyver
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: BRISBANE
Oddometer: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2
Your welcome.I've been sitting on that bike at least once a fortnight for months now.Thought a new bike deserves a new sticker.Have fun.
Andrew


Thanks Andrew
They said when I picked it up that some guy from a forum had been hanging around. I actually didnt notice the sticker at first. The upper fairing has a small scratch on it and I was more concerned about that. To thier credit they gave me a brand new spare upper fairing. Unfortunatly they also gave me a stuffed battery that wont hold a charge. No biggie they have organised a replacement to be sent to me. luckily these things are easy to kickstart.

Cheers
saab
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #101
Andrew2
Team 250
 
Andrew2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Wollongong,N.S.W.
Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by saab463
Thanks Andrew
They said when I picked it up that some guy from a forum had been hanging around. I actually didnt notice the sticker at first. The upper fairing has a small scratch on it and I was more concerned about that. To thier credit they gave me a brand new spare upper fairing. Unfortunatly they also gave me a stuffed battery that wont hold a charge. No biggie they have organised a replacement to be sent to me. luckily these things are easy to kickstart.

Cheers
saab
No probs mate.Sorry about the scratch and flat battery,it must have happened on one of the demo rides I took it on.It's a real nice bike.You'll have heaps of fun on it I'm sure.
Andrew
__________________

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #102
Racketeer
Must escape......
 
Racketeer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne near the sshitty...I mean the City!!
Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2
No probs mate.Sorry about the scratch and flat battery,it must have happened on one of the demo rides I took it on.It's a real nice bike.You'll have heaps of fun on it I'm sure.
Andrew
Hangin' around hey!!!!

Demo rides hey!!!???????

What happens next is












U are trading in that BMW and riding ORANGE !!!
Racketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #103
Andrew2
Team 250
 
Andrew2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Wollongong,N.S.W.
Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racketeer
Hangin' around hey!!!!

Demo rides hey!!!???????

What happens next is












U are trading in that BMW and riding ORANGE !!!
Next you'll be wanting me to learn Nevs secret headshake
__________________

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 AM   #104
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2
Next you'll be wanting me to learn Nevs secret headshake
5 nights is all it will take Andrew..
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 AM   #105
Andrew2
Team 250
 
Andrew2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Wollongong,N.S.W.
Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64
5 nights is all it will take Andrew..
__________________

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014