User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Akropovic-Sebring-Leo Vince

I am planning to buy one of these to a KTM 990 Adventure. Akro is the most expensive one and according to my dealer there is not much performance and sound difference btw Akro and Sebring, what do you say? Sebrings are cheaper of course. Then there are Loe Vince which is even cheaper, how would you rate its performace to Sebring or Akro?

Thx
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,548
One more

Remus Revolution
Old 05-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin
Remus Revolution
I heard that Remus and Sebring are manufactured in the same factory and practically the same. I have a Remus on my R1200GS and quite happy with the sound.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
sti_rx7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
I have the Leo Vinci on my 950 and am very pleased with them. Not too loud during idle and cruising on the highway doesn't drone like other exhausts. I usually ride without earplugs and the sound is not terrible and similar to the other soundclips I've head of the others. Quality and fit is also very good.

My .02

sti_rx7
sti_rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,731
Did you consider "Wings"?

They come oly in titanium, and carbon end parts!! They are almost half the price of the Acros and don't seem to differ signifficantly but the name tag and the price tag!!

gefr screwed with this post 05-11-2006 at 09:17 AM
gefr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,539
I've had Akro and Remus pipes. Both very sweet sounding. Some of the others have a raspy sound somewhere in the rev range that doesn't do much for me but these two both make xlnt music... which is the only thing a slip on is about.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #7
tommytiger
Triple-Trips and V2-Tours

Oddometer: 111
hey!

don`t know if you can get them in usa, but my tip are the new BOS exhausts for the 950

very deep impressive sound, not too quiet - not too loud

never had a better sound on anny motorcycle :rabia

http://www.bos-exhausts.com/cat/0500195adv-eng.html

- 2005 KTM Adventure 950 S
- 2011 KTM Adventure 990 R
tommytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:52 AM   #8
950TRANSALP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Laugh FMF n Stuff

Staintune Stainless never have to repack, FMF (KTM) Q's I didn't have to rejet with these but repacked at 13,000mi. , FMF now has a Ti even Quieter Q . mo money too. Lighter, jump higher ,go faster !!
950TRANSALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
BigMac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 950TRANSALP
Staintune Stainless never have to repack, FMF (KTM) Q's I didn't have to rejet with these but repacked at 13,000mi. , FMF now has a Ti even Quieter Q . mo money too. Lighter, jump higher ,go faster !!
I have the new FMF Ti Q cans on my 950. I quite like them. Not quite as throaty as my Duc's w/Remus but I think that has more to do with the Duc L-twin vs the Katoom 75* V. The sound is good but definitely not obnoxious loud. They claim 96 db at something like 4500 rpm, 1m behind bike. Sounds about right to me, maybe even a bit quieter. Slightly louder than Staintune w/baffles installed, much quieter than w/baffles removed. Tone is very similar to Staintune, less raspy than Remus. Definitely should not attract too much attention from the local rangers. The built-in turbine style USFS spark arrestor is VERY much appreciated for those of us who enjoy venturing into the beautiful and abundant trails within the US Forestry land. Supposedly the packing is much more durable than the original Q pipe, that would be great but not having to carry a screen spark arrestor or worry about burning up a screen was reason enough for me to buy these cans.

I'd be happy to post an image of the exhaust only I've no clue how to post images. PM me w/your email if you want a jpg, I can at least do that much w/o overly taxing my limited computer litteracy.

BTW: if you're after the loudest 950 exhaust available, the Leo Vince X3 and Scorpion Ti take the prize. The X3 is the deepest, but very raspy and unrefined, the Scorpion is just plain LOUD!! Take care.
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:21 PM   #10
KDCanyonRanch
Twist it, twist it!

Oddometer: 216
I have the Akcro TI's on my 950. Had an Akcro on another bike and the sound was perfect. The 950 tho--- quality is awsome, Titanium is great, the sound is just ok, too quiet and tinny sounding with the insert in and a little to loud but the perfect throaty sound with them out. If I were doing it all over I'd try something else.

I'd still go titanium tho.

My two cents worth.
KDCanyonRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #11
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,731
BigMac !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac
I'd be happy to post an image of the exhaust only I've no clue how to post images. PM me w/your email if you want a jpg, I can at least do that much w/o overly taxing my limited computer litteracy.
You can get info on how to send pics on the thread ADVrider/fluff/Ask Baldy,blame fish.
gefr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
Duneflyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I thought that the only map available at present for after market pipes was for the Akra's I would be very interested to see a 990 with some other set of pipes along with a report on its throttle response etc.
Duneflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:31 PM   #13
MadAl
KTM990

Oddometer: 18
I have also been told here in SA that the Akra's are the only aftermarket pipes for the 990. If anyone knows of any others please let us know. The originals get far too hot (burnt fingers twice now) and would also like a a decent sound!!!
MadAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

I talked to the dealer here and he said that I can choose between Akro and Sebring. That means he can remap for both variants, at least that is my assumption. I will go for Akros though, I never had one, I know they are expensive but life is short.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #15
Duneflyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Try and get a test ride first as I had Akra's fitted (with the map) and found a marked increase in vibration above 4500rpm. My dealer agreed but could not diagnose why. I eventually went back to the standard cans Good luck.
Duneflyer is offline   Reply With Quote