Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
S-Tree

http://hardyconstruction.smugmug.com...166/1/70778460
Ride report updated below...

Here is the link to our S-Tree ride Pics. Jim, Lane and I had an great day of trail riding. It was the first dirt riding experience for me and my TE-610. The bike performed well other than the Karoo's not tracking well. Sry only a link for now and tomorrow I will add some captions and hopefully Lane and Jim will chime in...

Dan

btw S-Tree is in Kentucky and is part of the Sheltowee Trace Recreation Trail.

buffallodan screwed with this post 05-21-2006 at 08:19 PM Reason: Report Updated
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707

First descent; I have to thank Jim for loaning me the chest protector and pads as I thought many times they were going to get used...

Here's Lane showing me the proper way do descend...

These sections were very entertaining, those Karoo's won't see mud again I promise...

Here Lane show's how an old pro does it, He has been riding since he was 14, I uuhhh started today ...at least I started

Here Jim drops down this rocky S turn to show me how to approach it, I couldn't make it up this section and had to ask him to ride my bike up rather that struggle, He obliged and gets the Trail Boss Badge, Thx Jim

These two shots of Jim climbing this section don't do justice to its elevation, it was pretty darn steep...not to mention the big rocks and such.

This was the Icing of the ride, lots of fast smooth gravel sections that were a real respite from the more techical sections, glad Jim laid out the ride this way, made me really savor the day.

Lane followed me today and helped me right the bike on my one off camber get off, it was comforting knowing I had good riders with me today, Thanks guys...

The trail had much to offer from smooth hardpack to rocks and roots and a smattering of mudholes to keep me honest on those Karoos...

Lane Log Splitting...

Dude I just cleaned this thing...

I puckered every time I hit one of those holes as my front would just lead and I kept making the mistake of leaning and hesitating, it was really mental at times but I got better as the day went...

These crossings however, were a total blast...the stream was always welcomed, but in spring they can be unpassable if heavy rains precede...

Lane coming in fast...

One of the few pics of Jim, he rode ahead today as he had the GPS and the camera...

Here Lane and Jim cross a deeper section of the creek and get a little wet...

Never listen to the Noob, I didn't think I got the shot the first time so I asked them to go again and at the same time, I knew I got this shot but didn't realize until after I was setting them up to get more wet...

Great ride guys and thanks for taking a noob along...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
jclark83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Thumb Awesome Pics

Those pics turned out awesome, especially for a single use camera that may have gone swimming earlier in the day . I really don't have anything to add that Dan hasn't already covered. See you next time.
jclark83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 568
Excellent Post

Great post BuffalloDan.
It looks like you had a great time.
I am going to PM you about my first long distance ride on the TE.
Chadleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote