Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #46
Crow OP
Corvid

Oddometer: 1,288
Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpcovington
Yeah, I think the green is bitchin' too. Is the orange on the seat as hard to get clean as the green? Mine is the only Duke I've ever seen in the flesh (steel?) but I've heard that the orange some metalflake in it and really looks great. As far as I can tellI think I have the only Duke in northern NV. I've been in touch with Renazco and they said they could make the seat a LOT more comfortable, so I'll get 'er done this winter.
It's not so bad to clean the seat given the right chemicals and a little scrubbing. Now, if I can only remember what chemical I used last...something gentle, anyway.

The original seat is comfortable enough for me, but I'm a "hard ass."
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #47
Crow OP
Corvid

Yahoo! Group

Quote:
By the way, do you know about the KTMDuke site on Yahoo? It's pretty good.
Yep, I'm a member. Good for tech questions, not as good for sharing with pics. Lots of people doin' mods, but I like to keep my motos mostly stock.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #48
jonpcovington
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 996
Laugh

I rode mine with new jeans (not washed yet) and I can't get the blue off. I've tried a vinyl cleaner, Windex,and Simple Orange and couldn't get it all off. I recently discovered the green had turned brown under the strap. I think I'll go with an all-black like Renazco suggested with a textured gripper section where the green is. I used to be a hardass, but now I'm old and soft, can't go a full stock tank's worth without pulling over to rest my butt.
jonpcovington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #49
Crow OP
Corvid

Quote:
I rode mine with new jeans (not washed yet) and I can't get the blue off. I've tried a vinyl cleaner, Windex,and Simple Orange and couldn't get it all off. I recently discovered the green had turned brown under the strap. I think I'll go with an all-black like Renazco suggested with a textured gripper section where the green is. I used to be a hardass, but now I'm old and soft, can't go a full stock tank's worth without pulling over to rest my butt.
Not had that trouble with the orange seat, but I came across one other incidence of that trouble with the green. Perhaps they didn't get the green dye right. Your black Renazco sounds like the way to go for a replacement, though! In the meantime, try some Goof Off on the marred areas of the green seat. Powerful stuff, so be careful. I've only had to use soap and water or some Honda Bright to clean areas of the orange.

I've burned the 18L gas tank a number of times without a break, and felt good. The key is to move around a bit, change positions. Two of my faves are: 1) keep your feet on the rider's pegs, put your butt on the passenger seat, and 2) keep your butt on the rider's seat, and put your feet on the passenger pegs. Tried these yet?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #50
Crow OP
Corvid

Duke II for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow
We deserve our own thread. I'll start!

I can't believe I'm doing this, but the Duke II is for sale!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #51
mxc300
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Laugh Check this out

Name:  d2 ls.jpg
Views: 1749
Size:  145.2 KB It has a 41 FCR, Full Akra pipe & muffler, Cam, big valves, ported & polished. Stock bore, wish I would have gotten the 660 kit. Normally I would not have had this much work done to it, but some $*%^$^%$ rear ended me at a stop light during rush hour and fled the scene. Soooooo, I did the estimate and that took care of the motor work. The only thing that really got damaged was the Liscense plate bracket and a skinned knee. I was lucky that day. She was eventually caught, it took an hour for the cops to get there , and I got a few sympathy beers from the bar it happened in front of.

2000 Duke 2 (67hp dynoed
2006 950 Adv. (orange)
1974 Yam TY250
1998 MXC300
1976 Husky 360wr
1973 Penton Jackpiner
2 Yamaha RZ 350s (finally!!!)
mxc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #52
GranpaStrange
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi Folks, love the pics, this is my bike, Daisy Duke, at 4700 miles, named after the little girl sat on her, Daisy (my daughter, who was named after my old XT600 Tenere, Daisy )
We live in Wales, in the UK, on top of a mountain, 2 kilometers up a steep rocky track.
Every day for a couple of months me and Daisy Duke have been commuting 65 miles each way to a muddy building site, and she lives outside my front door in all weathersevery night. In this time I haven't had time to do maintainance or cleaning, apart from a jetwash at the beginning of november, I repaired a mates old punctured sportsbike tyre and stuck it on the back when mine was down to the thread, replaced the flimsy plastic headlight unit (that shook to pieces on the aforementioned track!) with a generic metal streetfighter unit, bodged to fit under the nosefairing, a spacer on a very worn clutch cable, and I'm about to spend this evening fitting a new rear sprocket to get me to work at 6:00 tomorrow morning. One day I will have the time to give her some TLC. The only love she's seen wa an oil and filter change at 10000 miles (just a bit late!!).
This bike has not missed a beat in all the time I've had her, I have been called a rare breed of biker, in that I am a "Motorcyclist", my bike is rarely used for pleasure, yet gives me pleasure every time I ride her. It is my main transport, and has been all over the UK with me. I am never going to buy another make of bike, and if I have my way, never another bike, and when this job is finished she getting a full stripdown.
Are there any forumites who use their KTM in such a fashion? and if so, is there any advice they can give to keep her going every day?
GranpaStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #53
GranpaStrange
n00b

Oddometer: 3
see above

sorry I can't add attachtment for some reason?
GranpaStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #54
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,644
Just picked this up this past weekend. All smiles in the limited time I've had on it.

01 Duke II, ~5500 miles, bone stock, and other than a few subtle items I plan to do it's going to stay that way.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #55
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
01 Duke II, ~5500 miles, bone stock, and other than a few subtle items I plan to do it's going to stay that way.
Uhh...I forget right now but that's the 'special' version of that bike. It's the Chili red with the wire spoke wheels (the rest of the D2s got the cast wheels). Keep that baby as close to stock as possible. She's a gem as-is.
Donkey Hotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 AM   #56
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey
Uhh...I forget right now but that's the 'special' version of that bike. It's the Chili red with the wire spoke wheels (the rest of the D2s got the cast wheels). Keep that baby as close to stock as possible. She's a gem as-is.
Thanks,

Yeah I read somewhere that spoke wheels on 01's was fairly uncommon. I prefer the spoke look for the most part as well. It needs new plastic around the headlight as it was laid down, but I will get one eventually. Love the suspension and brakes!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #57
soundasleeprecording
genuine pleather seating

Oddometer: 515
first one:

second one:

Blasphemy:

R1200ST and some expensive bicycles.
soundasleeprecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #58
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundasleeprecording
Blasphemy:
You got that right.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #59
sr20ve
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Here's my 2000 Duke II. It's got a little over 16k miles and I love this bike. I was considering selling it to get a vstrom, but I knew I'd kick myself if I ever got rid of it. It's mostly stock, it used to be lime green, but I scuffed up the shrouds a bit and I had a hard time finding the replacement shrouds in green. I had to convince the KTM dealer here that yes, lime green is a stock color. So I ended up buying mismatched shrouds and painting it flat black. I really like the flat black and I've recieved lots of compliments on the color.

One question I have is where can I find a center stand for it?

Enjoy the pics:

sr20ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #60
Te Hopo
AKA Deanohit

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20ve
Here's my 2000 Duke II. It's got a little over 16k miles and I love this bike. I was considering selling it to get a vstrom, but I knew I'd kick myself if I ever got rid of it. It's mostly stock, it used to be lime green, but I scuffed up the shrouds a bit and I had a hard time finding the replacement shrouds in green. I had to convince the KTM dealer here that yes, lime green is a stock color. So I ended up buying mismatched shrouds and painting it flat black. I really like the flat black and I've recieved lots of compliments on the color.

One question I have is where can I find a center stand for it?

Enjoy the pics:

That pinstriping looks real awesome on there, stands out while being real subtle!
Te Hopo is offline   Reply With Quote