Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #1336
Egodriver71
Rider of something

Oddometer: 1,990
Bought this one for my daughter about a month ago.

She's going to take the class here soon.

In the meantime, it's going to be my getting back into the swing of things before I start riding V2.0!!!!

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1044

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1281
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 (Second Chance)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Egodriver71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #1337
BRad704
Journeyman

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egodriver71 View Post

Great bike and great color. I think bikes naturally look best in their company color

Sent from my handheld-sending-thing...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #1338
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,577
That green looks good and has the HI VIZ advantage,what fun she will have.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #1339
8lives
Runnin on wonder

And the 1/4 liter corners like a bicycle,very light and nimble,in a good way.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #1340
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,832
Quote:

She's going to take the class here soon.

In the meantime, it's going to be my getting back into the swing of things before I start riding V2.0!!!!

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1044

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1281

Damn! Those crash pics made me cringe!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #1341
Egodriver71
Rider of something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
Damn! Those crash pics made me cringe!

Recovery is going VERY well all things considered.

I will use the Ninjette to get muscle control back as it's A LOT lighter than that big ole C14!!!!
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Old 05-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #1342
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,187
Quote:
Recovery is going VERY well all things considered.

That is a very good thing!

I don't know if you've had any psychological recovery issues in the aftermath or not, but if you haven't ridden since, don't be surprised if you do.

I had an automobile accident a number of years ago that involved a fatality. I was not at fault luckily, but I still found that I had some "issues" in the aftermath. It actually put me off of riding for a couple of years and my bikes just sat. After a lifelong love affair with motorcycling I even contemplated selling off the stable and finding another pastime.

But after a while, one day I decided to go for a short ride to clear my head in the midst of the end of a long term relationship. MAN! Within a few minutes I was happy as a lark again and really glad I'd held on to my bikes!

Of course, standing by the side of the road and watching as a pretty 22 year old girl dies before your eyes can mess with your head I guess. But, I'd imagine that an accident like you had could have effects as well.

Here's to hoping that you have no issues...

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #1343
Egodriver71
Rider of something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
That is a very good thing!

I don't know if you've had any psychological recovery issues in the aftermath or not, but if you haven't ridden since, don't be surprised if you do.

I had an automobile accident a number of years ago that involved a fatality. I was not at fault luckily, but I still found that I had some "issues" in the aftermath. It actually put me off of riding for a couple of years and my bikes just sat. After a lifelong love affair with motorcycling I even contemplated selling off the stable and finding another pastime.

But after a while, one day I decided to go for a short ride to clear my head in the midst of the end of a long term relationship. MAN! Within a few minutes I was happy as a lark again and really glad I'd held on to my bikes!

Of course, standing by the side of the road and watching as a pretty 22 year old girl dies before your eyes can mess with your head I guess. But, I'd imagine that an accident like you had could have effects as well.

Here's to hoping that you have no issues...

I'm sure there will be some apprehension when I get back on.

Having grown up in a motorcycling family, not getting back in the saddle was never in question.

The psychological is already there. Since it happened during the morning commute, I already go a different route in the morning and avoid that stretch of road.

It happened as a result of someone pulling across because of someone turning blocking their field of view. So, that scenerio, regardless of the intersection is going to scare the sh!t out of me everytime it presents itself.

But a lot of that is why I plan on using the Ninjette so I don't have to be wrestling 700lbs of bike with still not fully recovered muscles.
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #1344
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,187
Quote:
I'm sure there will be some apprehension when I get back on.

Having grown up in a motorcycling family, not getting back in the saddle was never in question.

The psychological is already there. Since it happened during the morning commute, I already go a different route in the morning and avoid that stretch of road.

It happened as a result of someone pulling across because of someone turning blocking their field of view. So, that scenerio, regardless of the intersection is going to scare the sh!t out of me everytime it presents itself.

But a lot of that is why I plan on using the Ninjette so I don't have to be wrestling 700lbs of bike with still not fully recovered muscles.

Yeah, I've had two "real" accidents. One on a motorcycle and one in my truck (the one mentioned above). And they both involved drivers turning left into my path. Can you guess what makes me nervous? In my truck accident, the other driver had an unobstructed view of my oncoming truck for a full 8 seconds or more. He was also sitting, stopped, as if waiting to make the left turn for that entire time as I approached. He waited until I was approximately 75 feet from him when he suddenly decided to gun it and cut across my path. At 55mph, driving a 4WD F250 extended cab pick-up, loaded with "stuff", can you imagine what chance I had to do anything? Didn't leave much room for reaction time. Let alone any time to take evasive action or even scrub off much speed. If I had been on a bike I would have died I'm quite sure. As it was, he and I walked away. His passenger wasn't so lucky.

Avoiding the route makes sense. Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury. The route of my vehicle accident was my only feasible route to work, and as such I had to go through that intersection every day for a good while. Oddly enough, they changed that intersection a short time later, adding a red light with left turn arrow, left and right hand turning lanes, etc.

Anyway, I'm glad you're getting ok, and are ready to climb back in that saddle. Good luck with your future riding experiences. Hopefully, you gained some sort of strategy for similar events, but as you know, sometimes, like in my case, the actions of other drivers can be totally unpredictable.

Stay safe out there!

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #1345
indr

Oddometer: 1,197
2010 Ninja 250 here

Where does the other end of this hose go?

Looking at the carbs from the left side, there is the coasting enricher thingy.

There is a hose that is connected to the right nipple.

Where does the other end of the hose go? The manual and fiche diagrams don't help.
indr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #1346
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalmace View Post
Hi all. Just bought this today, my first bike! Got a great deal on it. 2012 250R in passion red.

Can't wait for the weather to get better. Sorry the pic is poor, only had my phone on me.

My brother owns a 2010 that looks just yours. His bike had a 14 tooth sprocket on it but he changed to a 15 tooth and he says he really likes the way it runs now. He said it tach's about 600 rpms less than it use to. It was overheating on him before he made the sprocket change but now he doesn't have that problem.
Woodenveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #1347
8lives
Runnin on wonder

My 2005 Ninja I used to have!

8lives screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 10:30 AM
Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #1348
8lives
Runnin on wonder

A trip from Redding,Ca to Big Bear Lake,Ca this was in Big Bear

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #1349
8lives
Runnin on wonder

I will have another 250,this time I'll go for the newer version,the bike was great and It did everything I asked of it.Cheap and easy to maintain.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #1350
opticalmace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenveins View Post
My brother owns a 2010 that looks just yours. His bike had a 14 tooth sprocket on it but he changed to a 15 tooth and he says he really likes the way it runs now. He said it tach's about 600 rpms less than it use to. It was overheating on him before he made the sprocket change but now he doesn't have that problem.
Thanks for the tip, something to think about.

And nice 250, 8lives!
opticalmace is offline   Reply With Quote