Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #15121
FoothillRyder
Tiger Cub

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark View Post
I've got another question for the more experience scrambler guys. Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated. I just installed a set of free flowing pipes and removed the AI system. I have not yet had the bike rejetted (apointment is this week). I have not ridden the bike because I suspect the mixture is lean and I don't want to cause any damage. However, I have started the bike and let it idle for a minute, to hear how the pipes sound. I notice what appears to be too much smoke coming out of the exhaust. Also, once I shut it down, the pipes will keep releasing an obvious amount of smoke for a few seconds. Is this because the AI has been removed? Any thoughts?

Gracias!
Nothing to do with the AI, most likely some oil/grease residue inside the pipes. I wouldn't worry about damaging anything, these things are bulletproof. Go for a ride and see if the smoke persists after getting everything up to a normal operating temperature.
- FoothillRyder AMA# 289558, BIR #47, COP #001
'97 Trophy 900, '98 Tiger, '03 Speed Triple 955i

My Blog: http://foothillryder.com/
FoothillRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #15122
Snake Plissken
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I'm about 100pages delinquent on the thread but saw shinings post last page and had to throw mine in the pot. I still have quite a few mods to do before reaching a "final" (is that possible?) state - but the mohave exhaust is great!

Randy, they're really not that loud and at 6.6 lbs weight they're a no brainer! Lake Henshaw from the east grade road of Palomar Mtn, CA.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #15123
b0rderman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Got a bit chilly up in the mountains today...plenty of people still skiing.

b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #15124
tvscum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Looks like we have three Scrambler owners here in San Diego! We need to get out on a ride! Goat_locker and I have talked about it. PM us Snake Plissken if you're interested. FYI, I also signed up to to go on this San Diego Adventure Rider Hijinks ride on May 5 and 6:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764981

My San Diego Scram: (Goat locker and Snake Plissken Scramblers pictured below from old posts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_locker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Lake Henshaw from the east grade road of Palomar Mtn, CA.

'86 Yamaha XT350
tvscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #15125
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
While I don't know if is in harms way, it is certainly routed different than mine is. Mine has the brake line retainer on the top side and is not stretched as much as that Scramblers appears to be...
Routing could be better.

Nice... where can I get that relocation kit??
Old 03-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #15126
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
This one made by Rhodie, was from a small run and probably gone.
Someone else is now making them although I would have to go back through this thread to find the maker.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #15127
smolt
Pike-dodging emigree

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post

Triumph Twin Power CLICK
smolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #15128
smolt
Pike-dodging emigree

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Hi there,

Concerning that red and white Scrammy for sale:
The rear brake line seems to be incorrectly routed. It should look like Max's brake line in the photo above.

smolt screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 02:21 PM
smolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #15129
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
I'm about 100pages delinquent on the thread but saw shinings post last page and had to throw mine in the pot. I still have quite a few mods to do before reaching a "final" (is that possible?) state - but the mohave exhaust is great!

Randy, they're really not that loud and at 6.6 lbs weight they're a no brainer! Lake Henshaw from the east grade road of Palomar Mtn, CA.

I love the look of those pipes. I could not find a price on their website ? Do they have a removable baffle?

I'm looking to swap my D&D's ,which are for sale over in the flea market, for something with a more classic look and a little quieter. Any ideas? I have been looking at Norman Hyde Togas.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #15130
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D View Post
I love the look of those pipes. I could not find a price on their website ? Do they have a removable baffle?

I'm looking to swap my D&D's ,which are for sale over in the flea market, for something with a more classic look and a little quieter. Any ideas? I have been looking at Norman Hyde Togas.
Same here. I finally found them after Shining posted the link to MassMoto but I didn't see pricing or ordering information listed.

Currently it's between these and the Zard Cross, based strictly on styling points. Would like to hear each but that's unlikely to happen and I've completely given up on youtube sound clips telling me anything at all.

So, Snake, where did you get these and about how much are they?

Of course, I don't even own a Scrambler at the moment but I have been itching for a bike project of some level for over a year now. I haven't bought a new bike in quite a number of years so I can ALMOST justify it. Besides, with the hurdles I've endured recently I deserve to treat myself.

I've had all sorts of ideas flittering about my head for a while now, then I stumbled upon the Hammarhead Jackpine video a while back and it just grabbed me like nothing else had. I believe that this bike really fits all of the random "needs" and "wants" that had been growing in my mind as my taste has changed over time. Still haven't decided to turn loose of the money, but if I do happen upon a nice used model for the right price it very well may end up being added to the stable. I've been obsessing about this for a while and researching is my outlet until I stumble upon one. Pretty much have my general "build plan" fairly mapped out. Just need to decide on particulars and find a bike, and a bag of money to throw at it.
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #15131
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolt View Post
Triumph Twin Power CLICK

Thanks!

Regards, Paul
Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #15132
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Taht´s my own edition:

Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 AM   #15133
Northern-Boy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Just a Heads up

Hey Folks, Just wanted to give you a heads up.
A number of weeks ago I ordered and Renntec Rack from the USA distributor, REVs Performance LLC. The fellow Russell who seems to run the shop said it would be a couple of weeks to get the rack to me here in Canada. Well 4 or 5 weeks later he is not answering his email and his phone is no longer taking messages. I contacted Renntec and they shared that they as well are having troubles contacting Russel. Not real sure what is going on and I hope everything is OK with him but it is most frustrating. If anyone lives near
"REVs Performance LLC
65 W Sycamore Ct
Covington, GA 30016-4498
USA"
maybe you could stop in and see what is going on and get back to us.
Just to let ya know.
Jim
Northern-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #15134
Shining
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D View Post

They have two removal baffles.
For more informations about Mass mohave exhaust you may ask to Mr. Giancarlo at:
info@massmoto.com
he answers you in a day
Shining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #15135
Cooper-Clubman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Eek My scrambling encounter today.

Cooper-Clubman is offline   Reply With Quote