Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #15166
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
That would be around $85 to $137 to us here in the states. How much are you asking for the Arrow?
Hi Randy, Asking price would be 50% of standard price. Not sure what that is in the States. I guess <5 kg should be possible.

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #15167
RMAK
The Magnanimous

Oddometer: 292
John Pine

I was on a two month medical leave this last winter. At that time I decided to do another motorcycle restoration. I always wanted to do an early BMW. However, after thinking about another insurance bill, license fee, another bike sitting around to be moved, and all the headaches and heartaches of restoring my 65 Triumph TR6, I began thinking about a Scrambler do-over. Maybe changing from my red/white to black like a BMW.
I loved the Jack Pine bike ever since I saw it. I didn't want a flat black, and found a tuxedo tank on ebay that I thought would be interesting. When I took off the knee pads the tank had a T140 look. Fenders and side cover also from ebay. Davon Rim in the UK gave me a great deal on slightly flawed Talon hubs and we put on Aluminum rims with SS spokes. I took some other steps to lighten the bike and finished with a Zard cross pipe exhaust. I saved all the original parts in case I ever want to go back to original. But for now, I'm lovin the look. Maybe a little more refined than the Jack Pine....more of a John Pine.
Since I never had the bike professionally tuned since I did the BB kit, cams and flatsides I finally took it in to be dyno tuned with the new exhaust. They read 68.50 horsepower which I think is pretty respectable. I'm hoping for at least 25 lbs. less in the weight department.
It was funny, the guy doing the tuning said the carbs should be only for racing. He said it will be hard to ride the bike responsibly. I took it for a short ride. It's pretty quick.
Anyhow, Here she is. What do you guys think?

RMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #15168
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAK View Post
I was on a two month medical leave this last winter. At that time I decided to do another motorcycle restoration. I always wanted to do an early BMW. However, after thinking about another insurance bill, license fee, another bike sitting around to be moved, and all the headaches and heartaches of restoring my 65 Triumph TR6, I began thinking about a Scrambler do-over. Maybe changing from my red/white to black like a BMW.
I loved the Jack Pine bike ever since I saw it. I didn't want a flat black, and found a tuxedo tank on ebay that I thought would be interesting. When I took off the knee pads the tank had a T140 look. Fenders and side cover also from ebay. Davon Rim in the UK gave me a great deal on slightly flawed Talon hubs and we put on Aluminum rims with SS spokes. I took some other steps to lighten the bike and finished with a Zard cross pipe exhaust. I saved all the original parts in case I ever want to go back to original. But for now, I'm lovin the look. Maybe a little more refined than the Jack Pine....more of a John Pine.
Since I never had the bike professionally tuned since I did the BB kit, cams and flatsides I finally took it in to be dyno tuned with the new exhaust. They read 68.50 horsepower which I think is pretty respectable. I'm hoping for at least 25 lbs. less in the weight department.
It was funny, the guy doing the tuning said the carbs should be only for racing. He said it will be hard to ride the bike responsibly. I took it for a short ride. It's pretty quick.

Well done Rich that looks a treat, the Triumphs are so easy to mix & match it makes them a joy to own.
I'm going to order a Thruxton so will have a Scarm & a Thrux...will be fun

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #15169
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,326
Quote:

Looks great, love the black wheels and hubs. That'll be the next phase of my Scramton project bike.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #15170
Chowdown
Texas Aussie

Oddometer: 136
how loud is that exhaust? i like the looks of it a lot but dont want it if its way loud. good lookin' bike!
Chowdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #15171
RMAK
The Magnanimous

Oddometer: 292
Hi Chowdown!
I'm not sure if you're asking me or the guy with the Arrow. If you want to know about the Zard cross, it does have some grunt, but it's not excessively loud unless you're under strong acceleration. My wife, who is the arbiter of loud, since she complains all summer about Harley's going by, reports, "Not bad."
RMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #15172
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Hi Chowdown!
I'm not sure if you're asking me or the guy with the Arrow. If you want to know about the Zard cross, it does have some grunt, but it's not excessively loud unless you're under strong acceleration. My wife, who is the arbiter of loud, since she complains all summer about Harley's going by, reports, "Not bad."
That is EXACTLY what I've been wanting to hear...

Love the bike BTW. The Jack Pine is my original inspiration that made me want a Scrambler. Not too sure how closely I'll follow it myself though... Time will tell.... still looking for a good deal on a used carb'd Scrambler...

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #15173
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Chowdown!
The bike is a eye catcher Rmak:-)

[/URL]
Old 04-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #15174
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Mods for 2012

Almost finished this years mods. Its mostly cosmetics (chainguard, Pro-Bolt screws, headlamp screws, cabels). The only non-cosmetical exceptions are the 17T sprocket and a H-D tool box. Im still not used to it the tail of the bike seems somehow overloaded now Im not sure about it. After receiving the Pivotpegz and dural sporcket the bike will be complete for me....no other ideas or wishes (endless fuel supply? )

Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #15175
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,885
Rich (RMAK) & satcen, both great looking bikes.
Two ends of the spectrum on how to do up a Scrambler.
Rich your bike looks like the ultimate minimalist road/trail ripper (plus classy to boot) and satcen your bike should be how Triumph did up the Steve McQueen replica bike.
True ISDT look. Better than the JackPine IMO.
Of course Rich's is the 'John Pine', we all know that...

I guess we'll just call mine outlaw roadster then.
Rode mine for the first time in weeks today.

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #15176
RudyS2MT
Rudy in MT

Oddometer: 353
New Montana Scrambler...

I finally got to take my new Green Scrambler (a new 2009!) home last week! Between snow storms and back orders from Triumph things came together and I trailered it home from Missoula last week. And the next morning we had about 8 inches of fresh, heavy snow..... But this time of year the snow doesn't last long so I did get my first ride in Saturday! So much for the 1.5 miles on the odometer!

I have the arrow pipes (I have been shown how to remove the baffle but I'm not sure I want to make that much noise in the Montana hills), dresser bars, bash plate.

Next to come extra LED lighting (Clear water lighting Kristas on hand, hope to get them on this week) and fast way foot pegs.

I will be ordering a few things tomorrow. Electric controlled version of the Scott Oiler, Hyperlights rear LED lights, Spitfire wind shield, And more to come as I get ready for a long Summer of riding! I have planned a 4 week long trip to Ohio, up to Michigan, and back to Montana by way of Canada starting in mid August, I'll do many a training trip before than! Thank goodness for my hellish 2 day a week work schedule!

This thread has been a fine help for choosing this bike and what to do to improve it! My thanks to all that have shared their knowledge!!!!

(hummm... I was going to paste an image of the new bike in this post but I guess things have changed since I last did that and it appears that the image has to be on the web somewhere... I'll work on that!)

2003 F650 Dakar (purchased 2/3/2007; sold 5/9/12)
------------------------------------------

RudyS2MT screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 02:02 AM Reason: add photo
RudyS2MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #15177
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
Almost finished this years mods. Its mostly cosmetics (chainguard, Pro-Bolt screws, headlamp screws, cabels). The only non-cosmetical exceptions are the 17T sprocket and a H-D tool box. Im still not used to it the tail of the bike seems somehow overloaded now Im not sure about it. After receiving the Pivotpegz and dural sporcket the bike will be complete for me....no other ideas or wishes (endless fuel supply? )
What type of mirrors and hand guards are mounted Satcen?

[/URL]
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #15178
SlowPocono
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
I like it!
SlowPocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #15179
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryII View Post
What type of mirrors and hand guards are mounted Satcen?
Quite cheap stuff but they fit me like a glove: mirrors & bars (plus 2,5 cm Bar riser).
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #15180
dirtsurfer
Challenged Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post

Most attractive I have seen