Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #1546
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Thumb Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by M700
Krahe - sorry - forgot to post that! The photos were taken just north of little Wenatchee, Washington. That's the Columbia River down there, right where the Wenatchee River dumps into it. Great area for hiking, bicycling and motorcycling. Lots of fun dirt and paved roads leading up into the Cascade Mountains.

Paulo - I don't know anything about those Scramblers you posted - but they look good!

Regards, Guy
Thanks, making a note. *sigh* So many cool places not enough time ;)
Old 05-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #1547
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Thumb Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviapaulo
Hi guys!

Been watching this thread for sometimes but on a random basis as I don't have any Triumph but really like the ones with a "hint" of cafe racer, besides that my uncle owns a Thruxton among others.

Anyway, last year I saw this Scrambler in a classic and vintage auto and moto show but din't get any photo, just remembered it said somethin' like being a special edition. Yesterday I was at an automobilia show and to my surprise there were more bikes than cars (still dunno if I should be glad or sad ) and at the same seller's stand there was the same Scrambler (1st pic) and a new one (2nd pic)

Still can't find nothing on the net about the Scrambler but that setup really makes me mad On the side panel it says Jumatsu Special Edition. The other one also says Jumatsu. And here is my question(s). What is Jumatsu? Any of you ever heard of it? (sorry if my question is somewhat dumb but I'm completely off the scene regarding Triumph)

Cheers
Gonna bump this so it doesnt get buried. No idea who made them, very cool though.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #1548
coffee guy
roaster of fine coffee

Oddometer: 37
welcome & have fun !!!!

hey KRAHE,

have fun on the new scrambler ! i am from topeka, but bee living in cave creek, az for 10 years.

ride safe.....da
Attached Images

coffee guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #1549
coffee guy
roaster of fine coffee

Oddometer: 37
sports tourer

on way to highway one on the coast....
Attached Images

coffee guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #1550
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Thumb Lucky devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee guy
hey KRAHE,

have fun on the new scrambler ! i am from topeka, but bee living in cave creek, az for 10 years.

ride safe.....da
Thanks,

I lived in Az for about 9 years, prescott and phoenix. Had to go where the job went though. I am jealous, a Scrambler and living in Arizona

I want to go back to the twisties of jerome and prescott someday...

Good luck and ride safe!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:21 AM   #1551
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,380
This one gives me the horn.

Now if it had a 21 inch front I'd sell the DR650
Old 05-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #1552
NVarmr1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Fuel Injection?

Stopped by the local Triumph dealer this last Saturday, completely hooked on the Scrambler. Been looking at getting another piece of the motorcycle pie to expand my horizons a bit from my TW200. Looked at the Wee, looked at the 650 class BMWs. All are nice bikes without a doubt but they simply did not grab me like the Scrambler. Of the bunch only the Scrambler is still carbed, and from reading all 1500+ posts of this thread I gather that is not really a problem and is also about to change next year.

Some riders posted concerns about the upcoming fuel injection change, stating troubles such as less low rpm throttle control and overfueling issues. From my experience in cars I tend to lean toward EFI for the improved mileage less hassles. Being that it will be later this year at earliest before I can scrounge bike money out of my budget I will likely be real close to the change over time from carbs to EFI Scramblers in the States.

Anyone had a chance to do some serious ride time on one of the Euro EFI Scramblers and have a ride report or comparison?
NVarmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #1553
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVarmr1
Stopped by the local Triumph dealer this last Saturday, completely hooked on the Scrambler. Been looking at getting another piece of the motorcycle pie to expand my horizons a bit from my TW200. Looked at the Wee, looked at the 650 class BMWs. All are nice bikes without a doubt but they simply did not grab me like the Scrambler. Of the bunch only the Scrambler is still carbed, and from reading all 1500+ posts of this thread I gather that is not really a problem and is also about to change next year.

Some riders posted concerns about the upcoming fuel injection change, stating troubles such as less low rpm throttle control and overfueling issues. From my experience in cars I tend to lean toward EFI for the improved mileage less hassles. Being that it will be later this year at earliest before I can scrounge bike money out of my budget I will likely be real close to the change over time from carbs to EFI Scramblers in the States.

Anyone had a chance to do some serious ride time on one of the Euro EFI Scramblers and have a ride report or comparison?
Bad user, bad user. You only skim read all 1500+ posts. Now go back to post 1459 and 1470 and all will become clear. ;-)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1459
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1470

Dave probably has more time on both bikes than anyone and tells it like it is. I too prefer fuel injection on my bikes, but having said that we now have 5 carb'd bikes to 1 fuelie, it's a non issue. The carb'd bikes are a little cold blooded on a cold morning, especially my DR650 but once warmed I couldn't care less what's pumpin the fuel, they all make me smile. I wouldn't necessarily wait around just for fuel injection, and besides I got a great deal on a leftover 06 so even better. :-) Welcome to the forum and post pics of that new Scrambler when you pick it up.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #1554
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Talking No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVarmr1

I was wondering about the carb too but:
I had to use the choke after the chilly friday night. I pulled the choke, started the bike, put on my helmet and gloves, and pushed the choke back in. I rode off no problem.

Maybe it will take longer if I am riding in the dead of winter, but I plan to have the bike in storage then anyways.

I like it just the way it is. No complaints here.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #1555
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Hmm

Coffee Guy's pictures are making me homesick for AZ...
Old 05-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #1556
scrambled
hillbilly

Oddometer: 180
scramblin' man

Hello, I bought a leftover '07 on April fools day this year. Love the bike. Have 2,636 trouble free miles on her so far. Live in southern Ohio (Adams County). Have enjoyed reading the messages on this forum. Couple of questions......
1) Has anyone found a tail bag that fits the solo seat/luggage rack securely and is easy to take on/off ? Brand & model please. I have a couple of tailbags that I used on previous bikes and they dont fit/secure well on the odd shaped Triumph rack.
2) Does fitment of the Triumph "closed course" mufflers require a jetting change ? If so.....has someone figured out the correct jets and is a "drop in" kit available ?
I absolutely love this bike. Took a 404 mile ride through Kentucky horse farm & bourbon country this past Sunday.
Have fitted these Triumph accessories......tankbag, skid plate, soloseat/luggage rack, clear fly screen.
scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #1557
Cat Daddy
Cob Artist

Oddometer: 837
Scrambled, I cannot vouch for the Scrambler TORs, but my Bonneville TORs came with new jets in the box.

Cat Daddy screwed with this post 05-27-2008 at 11:39 AM
Cat Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #1558
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambled
2) Does fitment of the Triumph "closed course" mufflers require a jetting change ? If so.....has someone figured out the correct jets and is a "drop in" kit available ?
The jetting will change depending on your location/altitude...
Some one at sea level will not have the same jetting as someone who lives way UP N MTNS...

Best bet would be to call your local Truimph shop and see what there doing with jetting for TOR's and go from there. Not sure what you mean by drop in kit but the jetting is easy to change and doesnt take much time at all.

UP N MTNS
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #1559
scrambled
hillbilly

Oddometer: 180
drop in kit

"drop in kit" = Bought a Dynojet kit for my KLR. In a nutshell, they did the experimentation and figured a baseline jet change. Kit came w/ a couple of variables (stages 1 & 2 depending on air filter & exhaust mods) and instructions for starting point dependant on elevation. Was my first time playing with jets. I dropped in the stage 2 kit and jetting was spot on. Made it easier for me.
scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #1560
Goofy1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
hey Scrambled--Lots of jetting info over at triumphrat (dot) net. Sorry I missed you as you must have been within 25 miles of my place on your Horse Country tour.

What dealer did you get your bike from? There is a Triumph guy at Lexington Motorsports that knows his bizzness, ask for Chris if you are down that way.
Goofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote