ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #16861
mindfulness
more ride less worry
 
mindfulness's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: as much as possible
Oddometer: 757
[QUOTE=Jholmes105;20877307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestones View Post

Stones,

Sounds good! I will do the AI removal and the air filter at the same time. What Air Filter are you running? K&N? I may just wait to see how the bike reacts before doing the tweaking with the carbs. But, if you or anybody else can recommend the "perfect" carb set up for a 2006 Scram with Arrow, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JP
You really should change the carb jetting setup for it to run properly/well. I wouldn't change a thing on mine. I'm using a Unifilter and removed the snorkel in the airbox + a/i removal and 138 mains, 42 pilots.

Without changing the fueling (carb jets) you're going to choke the engine off.

works like this:

1. more air coming in (via high flow air filter)
2. more fuel via larger carb jets
3. more air flowing out the exhaust

If any of those are not done, performance will suffer and you'll lose what the arrow can do for you. Don't choke it off by not giving it the additional fuel it needs. Please for the sake of all of our sanity here
__________________
1985 BMW R80G/S PD
2010 Ducati Monster 1100 S | abs
1978 BMW | R100 | Recreated | Black & white
2008 Triumph Scrambler carbs, tkc80's, made in England
mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #16862
birch
Adventurer
 
birch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 60
Like a lot of people have posted, it's this thread that sealed my decision. At 6'3", it fits me very well.

A few more pennies to save (or weddings to shoot!) and I'm in.

Checked out a cleanup king 2008 with 22k mi on the clock and loved the orange and silver paint! Little less snow on the ground and I will schedule a test ride.

Thanks everyone!!
birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #16863
McJamie
STROMINATOR
 
McJamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasssmash View Post
I really feel like I may have the ugliest scrambler out there.



The result of 2 accidents, various mods and random paintjobs
This looks like one of those - two buddies sitting around the garage drinking beer and one says "hey, I got an idea". And it spirals out of control from there.
Get yourself a couple of cans of spray-on bed liner and be done with it.
__________________
If you get far enough away, you'll be on your way home.
Piss off, I'm in my Happy place.
McJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #16864
chasssmash
Beastly Adventurer
 
chasssmash's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJamie View Post
This looks like one of those - two buddies sitting around the garage drinking beer and one says "hey, I got an idea". And it spirals out of control from there.
Get yourself a couple of cans of spray-on bed liner and be done with it.
Yeh I know. I hit a deer and the insurance company gave me $5k to fix it. But all the damage was cosmetic so I sprayed what I could.

I am actually about to start getting it professionally repainted, the seat redone etc.

And actually in reality it looks ok on the street. Lots of character at least. The reason I posted was that I wanted a before and after shot. Hopefully in a couple of months it will look better
chasssmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #16865
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasssmash View Post
Yeh I know. I hit a deer and the insurance company gave me $5k to fix it. But all the damage was cosmetic so I sprayed what I could.

I am actually about to start getting it professionally repainted, the seat redone etc.

And actually in reality it looks ok on the street. Lots of character at least. The reason I posted was that I wanted a before and after shot. Hopefully in a couple of months it will look better
Hopefully you killed the deer, glad you're Ok.

Member of MADD, Motorcyclists Against Damn Deer.
bross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #16866
akokie
Boomer Sooner
 
akokie's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasssmash View Post
And you are looking at the good side- the other side is much worse.
it's a face only a mother could love. but yeah- i've seen worse. much worse.
__________________
And tho our health we drank a thousand times,
It's time to Scramble on...
akokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #16867
TerryK
Ulysses
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: adelaide South Australia
Oddometer: 1,568
Got a tidy rear end now, used the tail light & adaptor plate from James at Maundspeed

__________________
Triumph Scrambler Blue & White Staintunes, bashplate
Triumph Thruxton Red, Staintunes
Yamaha TT-R250, B&B bash plate, Staintune

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #16868
Cooper-Clubman
Adventurer
 
Cooper-Clubman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Germany, Rösrath
Oddometer: 60
I'm so proud



Yahoo! Check out page 15 of the latest Spirit Magazine
(scroll down a bit)

http://spirit.triumphmotorcycles.com/1/issue7/page15/

BTW: I'm still not dutch. ;)




: beer
Cooper-Clubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #16869
McJamie
STROMINATOR
 
McJamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClineDesign View Post
I got the Thruxton gel seat on. I like the lines a lot better and it is a bit more comfortable. I'm used to riding bicycles long distances so comfort is relative.



That seat really suits the bike. Way more than most of the others I've seen. I'm guessing it just bolts right on?
__________________
If you get far enough away, you'll be on your way home.
Piss off, I'm in my Happy place.
McJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #16870
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\
 
wiseanhyzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper-Clubman View Post


Yahoo! Check out page 15 of the latest Spirit Magazine
(scroll down a bit)

http://spirit.triumphmotorcycles.com/1/issue7/page15/

BTW: I'm still not dutch. ;)




: beer
That's one mean looking Scrambler C-C! Congrats on the recognition.
__________________

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #16871
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!
 
Graniteone's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Golden, Colorado
Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
That's one mean looking Scrambler C-C! Congrats on the recognition.
I think I need black wheels now. Such a slippery slope.
Graniteone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #16872
27Firehouse
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 15
Its all you guys fault!

Brought it home today, 2013 Scrambler Matte Graphite. Traded in my 2012 Tiger xc 800 for it. I cant stop going into the garage to sit on and look at it. It is what you guys said and all the reviews ive read about it. And the bonus, my wife loves it and cant wait to go for a ride, a first. She digs it! Thanks to everybody for all the info and pics. Let the mods begin, i have one hell of a list.
27Firehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #16873
mindfulness
more ride less worry
 
mindfulness's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: as much as possible
Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Firehouse View Post
Brought it home today, 2013 Scrambler Matte Graphite. Traded in my 2012 Tiger xc 800 for it. I cant stop going into the garage to sit on and look at it. It is what you guys said and all the reviews ive read about it. And the bonus, my wife loves it and cant wait to go for a ride, a first. She digs it! Thanks to everybody for all the info and pics. Let the mods begin, i have one hell of a list.
Congrats

An unusual trade sequence, what made you trade the tiger 800xc for the scrambler

Now post some pics!!
__________________
1985 BMW R80G/S PD
2010 Ducati Monster 1100 S | abs
1978 BMW | R100 | Recreated | Black & white
2008 Triumph Scrambler carbs, tkc80's, made in England
mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #16874
ClineDesign
Grandpa
 
ClineDesign's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: On the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJamie View Post
That seat really suits the bike. Way more than most of the others I've seen. I'm guessing it just bolts right on?

Yep, bolts right on, a direct replacement. Now, should I keep the stock seat or sell it....
ClineDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #16875
vonfink13
2013 Scrambler
 
vonfink13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Snyder, NY
Oddometer: 13
the blackness

got the pipes back from the ceramic coating place....looks like the weather is actually gonna let me ride this weekend...
vonfink13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014