ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #17431
badlittlerobots
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 12
Well good news about the Arrow exhaust. A dealer in Florida finally got their back orders in so they shipped it today and I should be getting it installed next week.
badlittlerobots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #17432
Boola-Boola
Scramblin' Man
 
Boola-Boola's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Dorset County, Original England
Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlittlerobots View Post
Well good news about the Arrow exhaust. A dealer in Florida finally got their back orders in so they shipped it today and I should be getting it installed next week.
That's great news! Enjoy.
__________________
73's - Boola-Boola
-Triumph Scrambler EFI-

'You gotta deep-six your wristwatch, you gotta try an' understand, the time it seems to capture is just the movement of its hands.' (Walk in the Sunshine : Bob Weir)

Boola-Boola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #17433
twolf
Dork
 
twolf's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle / Wenatchee, WA
Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRO-FROM-HELL View Post
I broke the shift lever

Any option other than the expensive stock?

thanks for your help
MSR Folding Shifter and K N L Cycle Pegs (Rattle canned black).
MSR part number 34-2161 for Honda CR. Shifter is a bit longer than stock.

twolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #17434
9mmMike
Vicarious Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
Did you know the Scrambler was a main character in a novel?... I didn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BKnPzyVGg

thanks!
__________________
2008 Scrambler - Silver, Arrow 2-1, Moose Bars, Distanzia's, Icons,Tiger treatment and stuff..
2010 Bonneville T100 Black - stock
1997 Ducati Monster 750 (gone but not forgotten)
9mmMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #17435
PERRO-FROM-HELL
Life is good
 
PERRO-FROM-HELL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 78
broken shift lever

THANKS TO ALL for your reply,

I will post pictures as soon as I get it installed.
PERRO-FROM-HELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #17436
Goat_locker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonds, WA
Oddometer: 88
Which part broke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRO-FROM-HELL View Post
I broke the shift lever

Any option other than the expensive stock?

thanks for your help
I broke the toe piece off, but the main piece remained intact. Drilled it out, screwed in a bolt that was almost the same size, put the rubber back on it, and five years later it's still working like a champ.
__________________
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1971 Triumph T120RV Scrambler
2007 BMW R1200GSA
Goat_locker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #17437
ClineDesign
Grandpa
 
ClineDesign's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: On the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Oddometer: 301
Installed a new $30 Sunline folding alloy shifter

ClineDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #17438
Goat_locker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonds, WA
Oddometer: 88
Looks good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClineDesign View Post
Installed a new $30 Sunline folding alloy shifter

Those pegs are my next purchase.
__________________
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1971 Triumph T120RV Scrambler
2007 BMW R1200GSA
Goat_locker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #17439
2T2_Ryder
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 64
And then there were two...

Well after trying to sell my Sprint with no luck, I found a fellow inmate that wanted to sell or trade his 06 Scram for a Sprint. Thinking the scrambler would be a much quicker sell and wanting to help this guy get the bike he wanted, I decided to go through with the trade. Problem is, now I don't wanna sell the 06! So for now I let the neighbors make fun of me for having two of the "exact same" motorcycle while I figure out what to do. I've always loved the blue/white paint with polished engine cases and you can tell they put more detail into the 06. Hand pinstriped tank, bolt on tank badges etc...I did put the TORs and dart screen from the 06 onto my 13. So now the dilemma is do I do the financially responsible thing and sell one of them or do I do the you only live once thing and maybe do a desert sled project on the 06? Ideas are welcome! Here is the duo hanging out in the garage...



2T2_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #17440
greywolves
Too OLD to be a NOOB
 
greywolves's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Foristell, Mo.
Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2T2_Ryder View Post
So now the dilemma is do I do the financially responsible thing and sell one of them or do I do the you only live once thing and maybe do a desert sled project on the 06? Ideas are welcome!
How about this idea!
You'd better ask another group about doing the "financially responsible" thing!

greywolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #17441
TerryK
Ulysses
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: adelaide South Australia
Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2T2_Ryder View Post
Well after trying to sell my Sprint with no luck, I found a fellow inmate that wanted to sell or trade his 06 Scram for a Sprint. Thinking the scrambler would be a much quicker sell and wanting to help this guy get the bike he wanted, I decided to go through with the trade. Problem is, now I don't wanna sell the 06! So for now I let the neighbors make fun of me for having two of the "exact same" motorcycle while I figure out what to do. I've always loved the blue/white paint with polished engine cases and you can tell they put more detail into the 06. Hand pinstriped tank, bolt on tank badges etc...I did put the TORs and dart screen from the 06 onto my 13. So now the dilemma is do I do the financially responsible thing and sell one of them or do I do the you only live once thing and maybe do a desert sled project on the 06? Ideas are welcome! Here is the duo hanging out in the garage...



I have a blue & white 06 as well, also got a red Thruxton...dont worry about it, just ride both. When one sits for months that's the sign to sell it

Terry
__________________
Triumph Scrambler Blue & White Staintunes, bashplate
Triumph Thruxton Red, Staintunes
Yamaha TT-R250, B&B bash plate, Staintune

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #17442
ClineDesign
Grandpa
 
ClineDesign's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: On the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_locker View Post
Those pegs are my next purchase.
My Scrambler now has a "bling".
ClineDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #17443
gk ryder
is this thing on?
 
gk ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Great Southern Land
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2T2_Ryder View Post
Well after trying to sell my Sprint with no luck, I found a fellow inmate that wanted to sell or trade his 06 Scram for a Sprint. Thinking the scrambler would be a much quicker sell .....

Financially responsible thing of thanking the universe you have 2 Scramblers, desert sled project and smile when prices go up and you realise the 06 have become THE collectible modern Scrambler version.
gk ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #17444
DoubleCafe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DoubleCafe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Cumming, GA - North GA Mountains
Oddometer: 112
I have a blue 06 Thrux and a blue/white 07 Scram - it would be really tough to give either one up.

You have to do the 06 Desert Sled Build!
__________________
2014 Triumph Explorer XC
2007 Triumph Scrambler
2006 Triumph Thruxton
2013 Ural T - "Death Proof Duck" Edition
1982 Montesa Cota 349, 1974 Yamaha TY 250 & 1974 TY 80
DoubleCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #17445
Thrash Unreal
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 20
First round of mods

So after three weeks or non-stop riding, she is ready to be stripped down for the first round of mods. Tomorrow I will be replacing the shocks with Progressive 970s and the front with Race Tech .85 springs. British Customs Airbox removal kit with secondary plug kit going in as well. Front and rear fenders being replaced with aluminum MAS Engineering fenders. Already put on the aluminum pegs and MSR shifter.

After that, as the parts come in I will throw them on. There will be some seat chopping and rear frame welding, as well as alot of black powdercoat in the next few weeks. A bunch of small new accessory parts and coming up with a plan for the lights on the new rear fender.

And if this damn Zard Cross Exhaust will ever show up from Italy....

Going to be a fun weekend in the garage.


Thrash Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014