Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #17611
Donkey
adventureass

Oddometer: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlittlerobots View Post
Quick question for anyone who also has an Arrow exhaust on their Scram: what kind of mileage are you getting?
low 50's back roads below 60mph and low 40's highway blitzing 75mph +

sent from my iPhone 5 via Tapatalk
2012 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP Corsa
Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #17612
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoblag View Post
Total of four broken spokes on the rear wheel. Might be a little much to corner hard on it with a full camping loadout.
A sidecar outfit puts very heavy side loads on the rear wheel - you should be commended for running the bent spoke rear hub that Triumph produced for the Bonneville from '01 to sometime in '08. Maybe find one of the redesigned straight spoke models of the Bonneville hub, they were introduced somewhere around mid-'08 or so on the Bonnevilles in the U.S. You also might want to run heavier guage spokes.

Good luck!
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #17613
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcc View Post
As a side note I met a Happy Trails rep at the last World Superbike round in Tooele Utah many moons ago and was told they were working on a pannier outfit way back when. I kept visiting the website with no good news.
Yes, do not hold your breadth on this one! These guys are long on good thoughts and short on making things happen - and I love their products!
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #17614
manyu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknobies View Post
I own a 2009 scram with 3000 miles on it and it runs perfectly and I have had no trouble with it - yes it has fuel injections, great for cold morning start! Obviously I don't ride it long distances, but I love to take it out on a Sunday for ~20 miles just to clear my head. And besides it's so pretty sitting in my garage! I paid ~8,200 for it. I'd say go for it!
Ya, I went up to look at it but the guy wouldnt even let me test drive and he wasn't very forthcoming with answers to the questions I asked, so I decided to just go for new. Ended up getting the 2013 Scrambler for $8900 incl delivery.

I am a proud Scrambler owner now!

Got the bike last Thursday and already did a roadtrip from Boston to Syracuse, NY, over the weekend. Already time for the first service.

manyu screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 07:15 PM
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #17615
manyu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
First service

Speaking of first service, I am looking for some more advice here.

What is covered in the first service? From the spec sheet, it looks like mostly oil and filter change and visual checks on some other stuff. Is this something I should get done by the dealership since it is the first service or do it myself? It's probably going to cost me around $300 at the dealer.

Also, the Triumph owner manual states the following:

"The machine must have been serviced by an authorized Triumph dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owners Handbook and the service log completed accordingly."

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/th...and-conditions

Does that mean that the warranty is void if you do the servicing yourself?
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #17616
sprouty115
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Ya, I went up to look at it but the guy wouldnt even let me test drive and he wasn't very forthcoming with answers to the questions I asked, so I decided to just go for new. Ended up getting the 2013 Scrambler for $8900 incl delivery.

I am a proud Scrambler owner now!

Got the bike last Thursday and already did a roadtrip from Boston to Syracuse, NY, over the weekend. Already time for the first service.
Congrats on the bike. You made the right call buying new if the the seller wouldn't cooperate. I can't tell you how many times I've driven out to find a bike/car/guitar/amp/whatever, that was no where near as clean as the seller claimed over the phone. Now I'm merciless when it comes to asking questions on the phone.

As for service - do it yourself. You just bought one of the easiest bikes to work on that you'll ever own. It's also a great way to give yourself the experience and confidence you'll need to solve a problem if/when it pops up on the road somewhere. And besides all that it's fun.
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #17617
nofate
what blackflies?

Oddometer: 2,820
Do the dealers adjust the FI tune on the first service?

Flying with Rick float plane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6my0FM9F_Q
nofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #17618
sprouty115
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofate View Post
They might adjust the throttle body balance but they wouldn't do anything to the map unless you asked for a modification that required a new map (less restrictive muffler and air filter).
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #17619
Rockpharmer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
I don't know the bike, but I do know that ad had been on the VT Craigslist for a LONG time. I think you made the right decision.
Rockpharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #17620
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Price Drop

Not getting a lot of interest on these so I dropped the price. Flea market post is here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuBrocka View Post
I'm selling of my Thunderbike pipes to finance some other goodies. Check out the flea market and Canadian flea market if interested.
ChuBrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #17621
nwbiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
I have Jesse Luggage bags coming for my Explorer and I've been thinking about also getting a Scrambler. I asked them when I could get a mount for one: "They're coming but not before the fall. Now get out and ride!" That would be awesome.

I've been looking for a used one and no luck. Is there generally a time of the year Triumph releases new models? Harley generally releases info of theirs in July.
nwbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #17622
ferals5
865+652

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouty115 View Post
They might adjust the throttle body balance but they wouldn't do anything to the map unless you asked for a modification that required a new map (less restrictive muffler and air filter).
I'm not so sure they don't... mine felt a different engine after first service. Rev'd much easier

The only reason they got to service it was because it was part of the $ deal... all other services will be mine
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #17623
T KILL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknobies View Post
I own a 2009 scram with 3000 miles on it and it runs perfectly and I have had no trouble with it - yes it has fuel injections, great for cold morning start! Obviously I don't ride it long distances, but I love to take it out on a Sunday for ~20 miles just to clear my head. And besides it's so pretty sitting in my garage! I paid ~8,200 for it. I'd say go for it!
I wouldn't mind taking a long trip on one...
T KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #17624
gseur
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
I'm just back of a road trip of four days with my buddy and his T100.
From 9 to 18h each day on the saddle over the higher and most beautiful pass of Switzerland including the Stelvio (Italie).
Pictures comming soon. Keep connected.

"You wouldn't understand, it's a Scrambler thing..." :TStorm
gseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #17625
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuBrocka View Post
Not getting a lot of interest on these so I dropped the price. Flea market post is here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895020

I have a set on my scrambler, in black not chrome. They have an absolutely wonderful sound. GLWS.
xaman is online now   Reply With Quote