User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #17716
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Question Fuel system lines

Anybody replaced their fuel system lines lately? I'm well past the mileage recommended for the change but I'm afraid to ask what a few rubber tubes and clamps are going to cost me. Anyone know? Should I really bother if they aren't dried out or hard?

I had some issues riding in rain that I think were caused by vapour lock when the breather line was blocked with moisture so I'm thinking it might be helpful to at least change that line.

Thoughts?
ChuBrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #17717
Boola-Boola
Scramblin' Man

Oddometer: 111
Arrow 2-1 Exhaust for Scrambler - new part number

Hey y'all,

While looking for the part number for the Arrow exhaust so's I could access the fitting instructions online, I've just stumbled across mention of a new part number for the Triumph Scrambler Arrow Exhaust System. Used to be A9600094, apparently it may now go by a new number, A9600465, which is noted as...
'PLEASE NOTE PART NUMBER HAS CHANGED NOW A9600465 NOT FOR ROAD USE NOT E APPROVED'
(source of info: http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/buy/triumph-Scrambler-Arrow-Exhaust-System/hjpA9600094scrambler.htm#eq2 )

So I figured this might be useful for anyone trying to order one who is told that A9600094 has been discontinued (as I was - so I bought a pre-used one) and can live with the not E approved and not for road use caveats.

Hope this helps someone.

'You gotta deep-six your wristwatch, you gotta try an' understand, the time it seems to capture is just the movement of its hands.' (Walk in the Sunshine : Bob Weir)

Boola-Boola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #17718
Boola-Boola
Scramblin' Man

Oddometer: 111
Tunes - Fuels up to E10 vs Fuels up to E25

So I was reading up on Ethanol in our fuel and then started thinking about the various Triumph tunes for Scrambler being listed as 'Suitable for fuels up to E10' (10% Ethanol) or 'Suitable for fuels up to E25' (25% Ethanol)

Here in UK our fuel is, apparently, E5 (5% Ethanol) at most pumps at present.

To cut a long story short I came to the conclusion that I may get more economical running with an 'up to E10' tune loaded than with an 'up to E25' tune (but, heck, I could be wrong!).

So, on getting the Arrow system put on, I requested the dealer download the Arrow tune suitable for up to E10. Previous setup was stock pipes with TORs, and when I backed up the tune for TORs that was in the ECU before getting the exhaust system changed I found that it was an 'up to E25' one (20338).

It'll be a little time before I start getting a feel for mpg with the new configuration and, of course, my exhaust system has changed too so I cannot directly compare with previous figures.

Anyone here done comparison of a 'tune for up to E10' vs a 'tune for up to E25' for any particular setup, with regard to fuel economy and/or performance?

'You gotta deep-six your wristwatch, you gotta try an' understand, the time it seems to capture is just the movement of its hands.' (Walk in the Sunshine : Bob Weir)

Boola-Boola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #17719
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,875
I can't imagine why Triumph hasn't made a Scram Adv model. Bigger tank, better shocks and asym ammo can panniers. It would be cheaper than BMW or KTM and sell like hot cakes.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #17720
vivo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
An adventure scrambler sounds like a good idea. Maybe upgraded suspension good rack and hard cases with skid plate fitted. An extra gallon of fuel would be a bonus..

Vivo
vivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #17721
nofate
what blackflies?

Oddometer: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed View Post
I can't imagine why Triumph hasn't made a Scram Adv model. Bigger tank, better shocks and asym ammo can panniers. It would be cheaper than BMW or KTM and sell like hot cakes.
They want you to buy a Tiger XC.

Flying with Rick float plane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6my0FM9F_Q
nofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #17722
Goat_locker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Scram Adventure...oh yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed View Post
I've been toying with getting that big gas tank they sell for the bonnies. It looks just like our tank, but has two more gallons I believe.

Hopefully they come to their senses and do it before I cave and pick a GSA.
Goat_locker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #17723
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Mounted the rear oem fender with a Lucas style lamp.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #17724
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,508
Question And the Jury says .....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyChosen1 View Post
It is pretty much a bolt-on swap since the replacement headlight is also a Triumph unit (Bonneville). The only trouble I had was trying to fit all the wiring inside since the Bonneville unit is shallower . I will let you know how the light works after riding home tonight. I am hoping that it is enough that I dont have to run aux lights anymore.

So how well does it work?
I had already tried buying an aftermarket light but it seemed too small once I had it in hand.
Priced some of the OEM parts new from Triumph and quickly got to $500 +/- so that doesn't seem fiscally sound for an old, retired guy, on a fixed income. Before I spend some of that 'free time' I now have looking for a used one I need to know that it will be a big improvement. Of course anything would be some improvement over a light that is essentially useless for riding at night (i.e. the stock, US Scrambler light).

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #17725
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_locker View Post
I've been toying with getting that big gas tank they sell for the bonnies. It looks just like our tank, but has two more gallons I believe.

Hopefully they come to their senses and do it before I cave and pick a GSA.
What "big gas tank they sell for the bonnies" are you talking about? Is this an imaginary one or one that you've seen somewhere? Where have you seen one? Anyone seen one?
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #17726
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebmrof View Post
What "big gas tank they sell for the bonnies" are you talking about? Is this an imaginary one or one that you've seen somewhere? Where have you seen one? Anyone seen one?
Its a thread on that here...

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tech...-gas-tank.html

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #17727
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,581
IMHO the early two tone paint is more in keeping with the classic look,
Sorry but the matt paint does not rock my boat

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #17728
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,581

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #17729
Goat_locker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Here's the link....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebmrof View Post
A little pricey.

https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-tr...ntgs-3702.html
Goat_locker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #17730
hbmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
So how well does it work?
I had already tried buying an aftermarket light but it seemed too small once I had it in hand.
Priced some of the OEM parts new from Triumph and quickly got to $500 +/- so that doesn't seem fiscally sound for an old, retired guy, on a fixed income. Before I spend some of that 'free time' I now have looking for a used one I need to know that it will be a big improvement. Of course anything would be some improvement over a light that is essentially useless for riding at night (i.e. the stock, US Scrambler light).

Bruce
Im also quite curious about this mod. I ride at night alot. The stock headlamp isnt very confidence inspiring.
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote