ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #18301
Dethrok
User Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Then something just ain't right with mine. My slab riding this weekend was 42mpg at best, averaging 65-70mph with 34psi front, 38psi rear. Canyon riding was 38mpg. It was fully loaded with stuff, but that would only add 30lbs tops and I'm an average 190lbs. Will pull the air filter and see what is what....
I did a Seattle to Boise run (the long way) and averaged 55 mpg. Detoured thru helps canyon area and lots of twisties and some climbs.

And that was with both mufflers attached.
Dethrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #18302
soundcc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: please, anywhere (on two wheels), but not here
Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Then something just ain't right with mine. My slab riding this weekend was 42mpg at best, averaging 65-70mph with 34psi front, 38psi rear. Canyon riding was 38mpg. It was fully loaded with stuff, but that would only add 30lbs tops and I'm an average 190lbs. Will pull the air filter and see what is what....
Niether do I get the miles out of a tyre nor the miles out of a unit of gas that other do. These measuring rods seem to be directly related to twistgripnish behaviour and could also be related to smilepermile measurements. I'll stick to the more rubber more petrol equation. Your mileage may vary.
soundcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #18303
XT Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer
 
XT Traveler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Then something just ain't right with mine. My slab riding this weekend was 42mpg at best, averaging 65-70mph with 34psi front, 38psi rear. Canyon riding was 38mpg. It was fully loaded with stuff, but that would only add 30lbs tops and I'm an average 190lbs. Will pull the air filter and see what is what....
I regularly get 46-48 mpg. I have a unifilter air filter with the air box snorkle removed, an Arrow two into one exhaust, Rejetted-- larger main and pilot jets. I'm 6'2" weigh 215 and many of my miles on this bike are two up with my wife. I get similar mileage on my Thruxton with similar mods it's remapped vs rejetted since its an EFI model.

A good friend of mine started getting poor mileage High 30's and low 40's mpg) on his 04' T100 then after about three months of that it started running rougher -- it turned out his ignition coils were going bad -- changed the coils out for an aftermarket set and all went back to normal.
__________________
XT Traveler -- "Lost Again On Purpose"

Current Stable: Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, BMW F800GS, Yamaha MT-01,
Triumph Thruxton, Triumph Scrambler, Suzuki DRZ400S, Ducati Pantah 500
XT Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #18304
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Then something just ain't right with mine. My slab riding this weekend was 42mpg at best, averaging 65-70mph with 34psi front, 38psi rear. Canyon riding was 38mpg. It was fully loaded with stuff, but that would only add 30lbs tops and I'm an average 190lbs. Will pull the air filter and see what is what....
42mpg isn't the worst...it could have been strong headwinds, aerodynamics, etc, etc. Depends how many stops you made and a lot of other variables. Usually I can pull 47 mpg out of my '08 T100 when I ride a tankful to reserve at not a breakneck speed and without a ton of stops, otherwise I get about 42. Living in fairly flat NE Ohio, that's not the worst. I ran my Scrambler the spring from north Georgia to home and got anywhere from 39 to 47 depending on elevations, number of stops, etc, etc. I was running speeds anywhere from the 40's up to 85 or 90.

Maybe you're obsessing too much on this...
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #18305
devo2002
-Devo
 
devo2002's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT Traveler View Post
I regularly get 46-48 mpg. I have a unifilter air filter with the air box snorkle removed, an Arrow two into one exhaust, Rejetted-- larger main and pilot jets. I'm 6'2" weigh 215 and many of my miles on this bike are two up with my wife. I get similar mileage on my Thruxton with similar mods it's remapped vs rejetted since its an EFI model.

A good friend of mine started getting poor mileage High 30's and low 40's mpg) on his 04' T100 then after about three months of that it started running rougher -- it turned out his ignition coils were going bad -- changed the coils out for an aftermarket set and all went back to normal.
Will look into that as well, I do have a warranty for a few more years, thanks.
__________________
2014 DL650 Vstrom
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #18306
duckman
"sic gorgiamus allos
 
duckman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: new york new york
Oddometer: 871
does anyone here know whats involved in replacing a bent gearchange shaft on the scrambler. mine fell down on my driveway.
__________________
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2003 Suzuki Sv1000 N
1987 Ducati 750 Paso
and no do rags
'we gladly feast on those who would subdue us'
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #18307
optical
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: North Virginia
Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
does anyone here know whats involved in replacing a bent gearchange shaft on the scrambler. mine fell down on my driveway.
Look around here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...t#post21960224

Buy the Haynes Manual.
optical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #18308
gseur
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gseur's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Switzerland
Oddometer: 249
Hello guys!
Who's got the Arrow exhaust on his Scram?
I'd like to now if there's more room for the right leg (pilot and pillion) with the Arrow than with the stock one?
Does it warm less too?
__________________
There aren't strangers, only friends you haven't ever met.

"You wouldn't understand, it's a Scrambler thing..." :TStorm
gseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #18309
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 144
Happy Trails Announces Racks for Bonnevilles and Scramblers

Yesterday, I found that Happy Trails now has side racks for both the standard Bonnevilles and Scramblers. I think this is really good news, their racks are robust, well made and allow mounting of just about any bags you can imagine. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.happy-trail.com/Departments/Find-Your-Bike/Triumph.aspx

I don't think they've finished up with the Scrambler part of their website, as the pictures are not up yet.

If anyone wants to give them call about their racks, here are some numbers: (800) 444-8770 or (208)377-8771. They are in Boise, ID (USA) and there from 10-5 MT.

Whoever gets a set of these for their Scrambler, let us know how they were to fit up.
Tom



grebmrof screwed with this post 09-27-2013 at 02:02 PM
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #18310
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man
 
MightyChosen1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Central,IL
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebmrof View Post
Yesterday, I found that Happy Trails now has side racks for both the standard Bonnevilles and Scramblers. I think this is really good news, their racks are robust, well made and allow mounting of just about any bags you can imagine. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.happy-trail.com/Departments/Find-Your-Bike/Triumph.aspx

I don't think they've finished up with the Scrambler part of their website, as the pictures are not up yet.

If anyone wants to give them call about their racks, here are some numbers: (800) 444-8770 or (208)377-8771. They are in Boise, ID (USA) and there from 10-5 MT.

Whoever gets a set of these for their Scrambler, let us know how they were to fit up.
Tom



Looks like a good price and a strong mount. Wonder if I could make them work with my Rentec luggage rack? It looks like they mount to the same points so probably not.


__________________
Formally known as Furious D, I'm getting to old to be furious.
MightyChosen1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #18311
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyChosen1 View Post
Looks like a good price and a strong mount. Wonder if I could make them work with my Rentec luggage rack? It looks like they mount to the same points so probably not.
I doubt that they will work with a Renntec or a Triumph luggage rack or a Triumph grab handle or backrest - think those parts will collide with the side racks...but not positive, have to ask HT - if they have figured that out yet.
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #18312
ferals5
865+652
 
ferals5's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Goulburn, Australia
Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyChosen1 View Post


Am I alone in thinking this is ugly....
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #18313
sprouty115
Studly Adventurer
 
sprouty115's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferals5 View Post
Am I alone in thinking this is ugly....
No, absolutely not.
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #18314
XT Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer
 
XT Traveler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gseur View Post
Hello guys!
Who's got the Arrow exhaust on his Scram?
I'd like to now if there's more room for the right leg (pilot and pillion) with the Arrow than with the stock one?
Does it warm less too?
I have an Arrow on mine -- I'd say the room for the Pilot is about the same and maybe a little less for the passenger. Though neither setup is a problem for me or my wife. - I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5"6" if that helps. Biggest comfort issue on the Scram for us (once I replaced the rear shocks) is that my wife's right hip will bother her on all day rides due to the right passenger peg being so far out.
__________________
XT Traveler -- "Lost Again On Purpose"

Current Stable: Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, BMW F800GS, Yamaha MT-01,
Triumph Thruxton, Triumph Scrambler, Suzuki DRZ400S, Ducati Pantah 500
XT Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #18315
XT Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer
 
XT Traveler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyChosen1 View Post
Looks like a good price and a strong mount. Wonder if I could make them work with my Rentec luggage rack? It looks like they mount to the same points so probably not.


I'm a big fan of Happy Trail products and have put their products on several of my bikes over the years including my current F800GS. They are well designed and well built but yeah they are a function over form kind of product from an appearance standpoint. Metal Mule also make rear side & Top racks for the Triumph Twins including the Scrambler.
__________________
XT Traveler -- "Lost Again On Purpose"

Current Stable: Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, BMW F800GS, Yamaha MT-01,
Triumph Thruxton, Triumph Scrambler, Suzuki DRZ400S, Ducati Pantah 500
XT Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014