Another video

">
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #18393
alma1759
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
2010 Scrambler Mirrors

Hey, I just picked up my bike and the previous owner swapped the stock mirrors for bar ends. Stock mirrors can't be found and bar ends are kind of a pain to me. Anyone have a pair of stock mirrors or at least a suggestion on a good replacement mirror?
alma1759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #18394
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by alma1759 View Post
Hey, I just picked up my bike and the previous owner swapped the stock mirrors for bar ends. Stock mirrors can't be found and bar ends are kind of a pain to me. Anyone have a pair of stock mirrors or at least a suggestion on a good replacement mirror?

In my experience stock mirrors can't be found because they rust (mostly the stalks) faster than they can build them. I haven't sourced replacements but would not buy more stock mirrors even if I could get them cheap!

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #18395
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
I've got a pair of stock 07s, not sure if they fit but I bet they do. I'd be willing to switch for your bar ends. Shoot me a PM if interested.
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #18396
b0rderman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
as for the starting issues, I had them in SPADES...a lot of city riding, short stints between stops and starts, did not help me any.

I finally replaced my R/R with the Rick's MOSFET unit and have not had any issues since...I am a very happy man, should have done this years ago.

I have a 2009 EFI.

My brother's 2012 EFI has no such issues in the same kind of conditions, me thinks Triumph sorted out the R/R issue sometime after 2009.

A lot of guys like to claim they have never had issues on their '09s...but then you find out their bikes are hooked to life support in the garage after every ride, and every ride is longer than 1 mile to work/store/brewery.
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #18397
oldroadie
Two wheel addict

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by alma1759 View Post
I bought a brand new set of black mirrors off eBay for $80. Still in the Triumph boxes.
oldroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #18398
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Another pic just for grins, from today in the forest:

Weather has been incredible around here lately, finally summer is waning...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #18399
soundcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Semi Trick ill

I am not an easy person to sell asymmetrical ideas or goods to.
The need for pannier mounts to clear the exhaust has left me with little choice.
I purchased a set of Happy Trail S.U. mounts and installed them this evening. They measure ten inches from center on the left and twelve inches from center on the right. This is not as drastic as I originally had envisioned. The racks went on with absolutely no drama or frustration. They are as solid as my word and seem to me to possibly even create a stiffness to the whole seat assembly. I purchased the racks only, due to a bit of confusion on what I would end up being able to purchase to alleviate the offset to symmetrical requirement.
I hope that I can purchase a five inch on the exhaust side and a 7 inch on the shifter side to create a perfect balance in the universe. I can say with the utmost certainty that You will not be displeased purchasing these pannier mounts. They say they measure 22" wide and this is the case.
12" in case and 22" in mount = 34" total and that I can easily live with.
soundcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #18400
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post

Makes me grin:-) what chain and sprocket are on?

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #18401
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryII View Post
Makes me grin:-) what chain and sprocket are on?

Thanks Henry

D.I.D. 525VM2 Gold X'Ring Chain & Steel Sprocket Set - Triumph 865 Scrambler 06-11
http://www.drivesystemsusa.com/p/476...ler-06-11.html
Old 10-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #18402
Bugchewer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
[QUOTE=RicoAJP;22467838]Hey guys, back in August I rode my scrambler 2-up from Toronto to California and back. It was an impromptu thing and was pretty rushed, but we definitely had the time of our lives. I recorded about 50+ hours of video and my fiance just put together a video of it. Hope you like it :)

Nice! That's pretty amazing 2 up across country. I give your girl lots of credit for riding on the back of the Scram. You need to come to the bennington bash next year in VT. It is great to be young!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #18403
Dethrok
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boola-Boola View Post
If it turns out it's down to the dealer having failed to secure them properly, maybe you could get them to make good by providing TOR's as replacements?
Triumph replaced them for me gratis. The dealer did a good job of getting them and installing them before I headed out on a big tour of S. Utah.

Worked out great, even if I'm a bit peeved.

Then, on the way home Sunday, the little knob to reset the Trip Odometer fell off and hit me at 70 mph. Sigh. Things keep falling off..
Dethrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #18404
Dethrok
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince View Post
it probably has been asked already but i am looking for a 70 road/30 off road tire ( forest road...) what in your opinion is the best?
thanks in advance.
(standard size rims)
I don't like the Shinko 705 front much. Love it for the rear. I seem to get some wobble with it on the front when I'm going 70-90 mph.
Dethrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #18405
RicoAJP
ADV Dreamer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post

WOW, that is a beautiful scrambler. Any chance you have a list of mods done to the bike? Who makes that seat? Need to get my hands on one of those, it looks comfy.
RicoAJP is offline   Reply With Quote