Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #18421
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
Thanks for the list. I have alpinas too but I cannot say I am 100% happy with them. There is constant air leakeage & I have to add air two times a month. Have you used the OEM hubs or you got alpina hubs too?
Wifes complete wheel set from alpina on her Bonnie no leak, a friend got alpina mounted with oem hub they leak. Not much....

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #18422
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethrok View Post
I don't like the Shinko 705 front much. Love it for the rear. I seem to get some wobble with it on the front when I'm going 70-90 mph.
Same feeling on mine (full bore usa)

[/URL]
Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #18423
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
On Alpina

THNX for all the reactions. I am about to change my tires in coming weeks so Ill try to have the thing fixed....
Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #18424
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Rear caliper

I was just browsing the New Bonneville website and noticed they're now selling a rear caliper relocation bracket. Looks like a nice unit at $125 and no waiting for it to sail the Atlantic to get here.
ChuBrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #18425
Av8rPaul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuBrocka View Post
I was just browsing the New Bonneville website and noticed they're now selling a rear caliper relocation bracket. Looks like a nice unit at $125 and no waiting for it to sail the Atlantic to get here.
Nice! I'll be buying one.
IBA #33
KTM 950 Adventure, Buell 1125R, Ducati ST4S, BMW R100/7 (x2), Triumph T140E, Suzuki GS1100G, Yamaha SR500, Honda CB750K, and a bunch of dirt bikes...
Av8rPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #18426
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 886
Quote:
... no waiting for it to sail the Atlantic to get here.
If he actually has it in stock.
B02S4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #18427
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B02S4 View Post
If he actually has it in stock.
Good point. I just ordered online this afternoon. I'll post an update when I get confirmation.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #18428
Hayden#69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoAJP View Post
Hey guys, back in August I rode my scrambler 2-up from Toronto to California and back. It was an impromptu thing and was pretty rushed, but we definitely had the time of our lives. I recorded about 50+ hours of video and my fiance just put together a video of it. Hope you like it :)

Wow!!! Shes a cuttie. Congrats and very cool video. Whats the honeymoon trip? May I suggest Nova Scotia.

Hayden.
Hayden#69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #18429
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

New toys

Ok, I'm finally pulling the trigger and getting some new farkles. I order my rear caliper relocation bracket yesterday and will order some new shocks and the Happy Trails pannier set on Tuesday. I'm having a hard time making up my mind and thought I'd put it out here for opinions.

I'm looking at the Hagon 2810 shocks. Not looking to break the bank here, just improve the performance a bit. Seems like shock opinions are infinite so it's pretty hard to make an educated choice on this. Any others in the $300 neighbourhood worth looking at?

As for the panniers, after over-thinking on the sizes I'm going with the 9" Tetons with a cliff cut box on the exhaust side. My last hang up here is pretty shallow. Black or grey? I've got the 2006 caspian blue with a lot of chrome so initially I thought the black would look pretty bulky, but the grey doesn't really tie in with anything on the bike. At the end of the day these are for utility so it isn't a huge deal, but she's so pretty I'd hate to make her look bad if can avoid it.

Thoughts?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #18430
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Ok, I'm finally pulling the trigger and getting some new farkles. I order my rear caliper relocation bracket yesterday and will order some new shocks and the Happy Trails pannier set on Tuesday.

As for the panniers, after over-thinking on the sizes I'm going with the 9" Tetons with a cliff cut box on the exhaust side. My last hang up here is pretty shallow. Black or grey? I've got the 2006 caspian blue with a lot of chrome so initially I thought the black would look pretty bulky, but the grey doesn't really tie in with anything on the bike. At the end of the day these are for utility so it isn't a huge deal, but she's so pretty I'd hate to make her look bad if can avoid it.

Thoughts?
So you are getting 9" bags on both sides? Not a smaller one on the right? Why the cliff cut bottom, why not square and get a little more capacity. I think black might look good in that it fits with the color of the frame, sideracks etc, not sure if the grey might make those bags stand out too much. I think the HT racks are among the sturdiest ones out there - wish they also had a tail rack to add on, maybe some day.
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #18431
soundcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Ok, I'm finally pulling the trigger and getting some new farkles. I order my rear caliper relocation bracket yesterday and will order some new shocks and the Happy Trails pannier set on Tuesday. I'm having a hard time making up my mind and thought I'd put it out here for opinions.

I'm looking at the Hagon 2810 shocks. Not looking to break the bank here, just improve the performance a bit. Seems like shock opinions are infinite so it's pretty hard to make an educated choice on this. Any others in the $300 neighbourhood worth looking at?

Thoughts?
I myself am going for the Owyhee in a 6" and seven and one half inch. I would choose the grey, but that's just me. Different hits for different trips.
I find the stock shock works for me. I have not a discriminating jostler of ride awareness when it comes to a bike like the Scrambler. To me its just a bike and will suffice in standard regalia.
Is a nine inch cliff cut actually a seven and one half inch box with a nine inch top?. If so why not cliff cut both. Ohshitmorechoices.
soundcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #18432
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcc View Post
I myself am going for the Owyhee in a 6" and seven and one half inch. I would choose the grey, but that's just me. Different hits for different trips.
I find the stock shock works for me. I have not a discriminating jostler of ride awareness when it comes to a bike like the Scrambler. To me its just a bike and will suffice in standard regalia.
Is a nine inch cliff cut actually a seven and one half inch box with a nine inch top?. If so why not cliff cut both. Ohshitmorechoices.
Yeah, I'm still torn about colour. The cliff cut nine is a 7.5" with a bonus 1.5" at the top. By doing that on the exhaust side the width of the bike is more symmetrical. With two standard 9" boxes the right side would stick out 2" more than the left. With the cliff cut the difference is only 0.5".
Old 10-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #18433
XT Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:

Thoughts?
If I were going with the Hagons -- I'd consider ordering them ffrom Dave Quinn Motorcycles. If you call him he will build the shock based on your needs (height, weight, intended use etc.) He also allows you a free spring exchange if they aren't quite right. Given that it sounds like you'll be running panniers it probably worth the call.

Current Stable: Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, BMW F800GS, Yamaha MT-01,
Triumph Thruxton, Triumph Scrambler, Suzuki DRZ400S, Ducati Pantah 500
XT Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #18434
sprouty115
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Quote:

Thoughts?
If you haven't already ordered the panniers I would make two suggestions: first go collect everything you want to carry. Second, spend an hour or two mocking up the different size boxes out of cardboard and tape. Then see how it all fits. Otherwise all you're really doing is making an expensive guess.
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #18435
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Autum

Sky blue, clear air and yellow colors. A good last ride with my Scramb. It will be returned to the dealer where a 2014 mod Scramb silver and red are expected in next January. I have again landed on one bike so the 13 Thrux is gone as well. The list of new mods on the bike still not yet arrived is long, this time the dark path will step aside for a lighter Scrambler :-) I am looking forward to share picture when the job begins. The green will return to oem standard before it finds a new owner.

Early morning over a small mountain road

Down to 3 celsius on the temp

Stopped and enjoyed the look of a small lake after the gravel section

Another 50 kms and I reached the river in the valley, stopped and warmed my body with some hot coffee:-)

[/URL]