Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #6106
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko99
I'm considering YSS Shocks.
Plenty of people on here seem to like them.
I went with Hagons because they're made locally to me, are good value for money and come with a two year warranty.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #6107
Old_Eric
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
My project is going on

Now the two panniers are here:

The attachment of a photo failed...

Old_Eric screwed with this post 09-16-2009 at 05:55 AM
Old_Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #6108
davenoseyparker
Knees in The Breeze

Oddometer: 24
YSS Shocks

Before I have to ask BlackTiger, does any one in the UK import YSS shocks?
The Hagon Nitro are def a vast improvement over Stock items but the YSS seem to be the ones to go for.

Knees in the breeze
davenoseyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #6109
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Eric

Are you trying to post a picture from your computer or one that you uploaded to a hosting website?
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #6110
HighScore
No More, all done.

Oddometer: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Eric

the suspense is killing me
HighScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #6111
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenoseyparker
The Hagon Nitro are def a vast improvement over Stock items but the YSS seem to be the ones to go for.

Knees in the breeze
C'mon Parker. You should know that I've done the research. You buy me a couple of beers and I'll steer you in the right direction. Ha! See you in couple of weeks for those (Belgian) beers..........
Old 09-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #6112
bp_josh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
a couple pictures

Here's a couple pictures of my green Scrambler I thought you'd enjoy. I'm trying to get my setup figured out and squared away, so I took it on a little overnighter.

The way I have stuff now doesn't leave much room for my ass (or the rest of my 6'5" frame) on the seat. Guess I should have gone with the grab bar+rack instead of just the grab bar.

The left-side ammo can was done mostly for economical reasons, though I think it looks alright too. It's bolted to a MCResources rack, which was cheap but not very sturdy. I need to figure out some way to keep it from hitting the shock on bigger bumps!

By the way, my first ever camping-from-a-motorcycle trip, even if it was only a little 'un.
bp_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #6113
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,512
That ammo can looks like it is an OEM item with that color bike - nice looking set up!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #6114
steveO-Ray
BikELess Vagrant

Oddometer: 586
Thruxton seat cover

Iv been looking for a bit now and cannot find the pic, perhaps i imagined it. Has anyone ever put the thruxton seat cover on the scrambler? would it even be possible? If someones done this i wouldnt mind seeing pics of it. I thought id seen one pic on here but i couldnt find it anywhere. thank ya kindly
"It is not the critic who counts:...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt
steveO-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #6115
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Can question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_josh
Here's a couple pictures of my green Scrambler I thought you'd enjoy. I'm trying to get my setup figured out and squared away, so I took it on a little overnighter.

The way I have stuff now doesn't leave much room for my ass (or the rest of my 6'5" frame) on the seat. Guess I should have gone with the grab bar+rack instead of just the grab bar.

The left-side ammo can was done mostly for economical reasons, though I think it looks alright too. It's bolted to a MCResources rack, which was cheap but not very sturdy. I need to figure out some way to keep it from hitting the shock on bigger bumps!

By the way, my first ever camping-from-a-motorcycle trip, even if it was only a little 'un.
The ammo can does look like a good match to the bike color! Is it a 50 cal.? can? I have a pair of 20mm cans on mo-tech frames on my DR 650, heavy but cheap and solid. They really seemed to get drivers to leave a bit more room......until I began adding stickers to them. My Scrambler isn't quite 72 hours old, haven't figured out which direction to head with luggage yet, having too much fun riding and spending my nights here catching up (up to page 105 so far).

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #6116
Simon Smith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenoseyparker

Knees in the breeze
Now look here Dave, I only just got enough money together for the Hagons
Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #6117
bp_josh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape
The ammo can does look like a good match to the bike color! Is it a 50 cal.? can? I have a pair of 20mm cans on mo-tech frames on my DR 650, heavy but cheap and solid. They really seemed to get drivers to leave a bit more room......until I began adding stickers to them. My Scrambler isn't quite 72 hours old, haven't figured out which direction to head with luggage yet, having too much fun riding and spending my nights here catching up (up to page 105 so far).

Bruce
The can says

800 CRTG 5.56mm
4 BALL M855
1 TRACER M856
M27 LINK

It's about 12"x8.5"x7"wide. I just went to the local surplus, picked out one that looked about right, and got lucky. The rack I have it bolted to is the MCResources left side-only luggage rack from NewBonneville. As I said, it's not real sturdy, but it works. This can barely fits between the shock mount and the tail light; actually I need to get a new can and drill holes so it sits about 3/4" closer to the tail light, which I think will keep it from ever touching the shock.

Ideally I'd like to find a left side-only rack that is braced off the rear footpeg as well, which I think would make it much more sturdy and keep it from destroying the wheel in a left side laydown, which is another concern I have. The MCResources rack was only about $40, with another $30 for the quickmount that lets me lock it to the bike with a key. I can't fabricate anything myself, so this was a cheap, and possibly the only, option for what I wanted. As you said, ammo cans are a bit heavy, but they're less heavy than the silencers on the other side, and it sits right next to the frame. I think it probably balances the bike more than anything.

Another reason I wanted a hard case instead of cloth saddlebags was for a place to put stickers once I start heading to far-off places.
bp_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #6118
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 946
I went to the Cold Kiwi Rally this weekend , held every year in the central north island

Saturday, we took a ride down the side of the Wanganui river

then back to the rally through Fields Track

Smidgeon of snow Friday night, -5C Sturday night, cold but magic sunny days.
It's a tough job !!
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #6119
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveO-Ray
Iv been looking for a bit now and cannot find the pic, perhaps i imagined it. Has anyone ever put the thruxton seat cover on the scrambler? would it even be possible? If someones done this i wouldnt mind seeing pics of it. I thought id seen one pic on here but i couldnt find it anywhere. thank ya kindly
I mentioned a long time ago I would LIKE to but never have, so maybe you remember that.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #6120
steveO-Ray
BikELess Vagrant

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe
I mentioned a long time ago I would LIKE to but never have, so maybe you remember that.
That could very well be it. Who knows. Im just have to wait and find out for myself in the future. I love how it adds to the charecter of the bike but i just dont see the Thruxton being a very good adventure bike
"It is not the critic who counts:...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt
steveO-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote