User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 AM   #7576
Manny Fagnet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Yes,sorry about that link.

I forgot you had to be a subscriber to view a sale.

Here's my bike :

First reg 21/07/09

Only 387 miles !!!!

Fitted with following extras :

Picture 3

Also now fitted with Ikon progressive fork springs and Ikon rear shocks :

20090729-t3m392f8p4agpf98wtu4jkbmgd

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I've replied to your email.

Cheers
Manny Fagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #7577
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger
What you need is another spring in addition to the existing springs. I routed another one alongside the supplied ones and it doesn't rattle any more.
May I ask where you are sourcing your spring from blacktiger?
Have a picture of your set-up?

Even with an extra spring I feel the centerstand is of poor design.
The holes in the stand that the bolts run through are of a larger size which make for slop.
And no rubber stops is the biggest reason for the loud clanking IMO.

Oh, on smooth surfaces my bike doesn't roll off the centerstand. The stand just skids along the ground. I have to lean my bike to roll it off one leg of the stand.

Must be a Lucas designed stand...

My plan would be to trim the centerstand and mount two L brackets with replaceable hard rubber pads.

But I'd like to try the spring idea first...
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #7578
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1068
...I got rid of my scrambler and got a moto guzzi 1200 sport. If I ever wanted a 2nd bike, Id get the FI scrambler and set it up like yours.
Dave-
I can relate. My Scrambler is my 2nd (or 3rd) bike.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #7579
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,878
Ive been poking around this thread and over at Triumphrat, looking for pictures of Scramblers with after market/ modded gauges and headlights. Not a huge fan of the single mini gauge with 7" headlight, thinking more along the line as a same sized tach and speedo with a 7" and street triple bars. Anyone try a similar setup?
George Papadopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #7580
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
K&N Air Filter

I consider getting a K&N Filter (TB-9004) for my 2009 model. For some reason the "compatibility assistant" of the web-shop confirms only 2006-2008 models. Weird. But anyway are there any changes in the air intake system in since 2009? EFi may be? Has anybody tried? THNX
satcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #7581
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,607
anybody go from a 'strom to the scrambler?

i'm coming from a sportbike background, just wondering how "sporty" the back twisty road handling is. dragging pegs sort of speeds.

would, with equal pilots, the scrambler keep up? with a dl1000? dl650?

just looking for some performance perspective.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #7582
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapped_r6

i'm coming from a sportbike background, just wondering how "sporty" the back twisty road handling is. dragging pegs sort of speeds.

On power alone, considering weight, the Scrambler is slower than either bike. But that doesn't tell the whole story!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #7583
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
On power alone, considering weight, the Scrambler is slower than either bike. But that doesn't tell the whole story!

Jim
okay mr bmw, if you were riding your old gs and the scrambler down a supa twisty road, quick like, which would be faster

tell me the whole story!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #7584
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:

Answer to your questions in order...

>NO
>Not Very
>No
>If you are "performance" driven, look for a different bike.

Disclaimer: The preceeding message is just my opinion, brought to you from 45 years of experience. Portions of this message may not be used to fling shit or to generate "You're wrong" comments.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #7585
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,411
Quote:
okay mr bmw, if you were riding your old gs and the scrambler down a supa twisty road, quick like, which would be faster

tell me the whole story!
You can have fun on the Scrambler and it's quite easy to drag the pegs. The Scrambler is never going to pull like your V-Strom 1000, but we all know it's not about the bike it's the rider. I like to hussle my Scrambler just as I'm sure all of us owners do, but it's a different riding experience. Sure you can scrape your pegs all day long and play ricky racer, but I find myself backing off a bit while riding the Scrambler and I think that's where the joy of this bike shines through. You can wick it up and have fun but stay out of the 9/10s riding and just enjoy it at 7/10s, you'll still be embarrassing cruiser riders, but watching ricky racer disappear on the straights, but who cares. :shrug:

If you're all about fast, take a pass on the Scrambler, unless you want to get Griz to build you a really fast one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear
Finally fitted the matching black rim on the rear so are now running Continental Race Attacks on both ends. The pics were taken on the first ride out the the workshop after fitting the new rear so this accounts for the wide chicken strips on the back! Apart from a few minor details, the Scram is all but finished just the way I want it. I will be installing some heavy duty clutch springs and Barnett clutch plates next week as the stock clutch is on the limit with the current power output giving a bit of slippage when banging through the gears at redline.

bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #7586
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,668
Quote:

tell me the whole story!
No contest, the BMW. R1100, R1150, R1200, it wouldn't matter.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #7587
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:

I came up w/ sport bikes as well, CBR's and R6's for almost 10 years. Then bought an 06 bonnie black. I was always trying to be the ambassador to the bonnies ability to "get-down" w/ the best of them. Against an experienced rider on a proper sport bike...... no. Against any squid w/ monster chicken strips I could dust 'em!! Left them confused. Which left me happy
Yes I had the nology plugs, wire, k/n filter, NARC kit, but who doesnt on these bikes, I had simple stock thruxton rear shocks which made a world of difference too. Like mentioned earlier, it's all about the rider. If ya hang off like a chimp ya can even get a knee down..... though terrifying...And I like making bikes do things they're not always thought of as doing

Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #7588
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout
Disclaimer: The preceeding message is just my opinion, brought to you from 45 years of experience. Portions of this message may not be used to fling shit or to generate "You're wrong" comments.

Somebody's pretty familiar w/ standard ADV responses to peoples opinions
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #7589
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8
I came up w/ sport bikes as well, CBR's and R6's for almost 10 years. Then bought an 06 bonnie black. I was always trying to be the ambassador to the bonnies ability to "get-down" w/ the best of them. Against an experienced rider on a proper sport bike...... no. Against any squid w/ monster chicken strips I could dust 'em!! Left them confused. Which left me happy
Yes I had the nology plugs, wire, k/n filter, NARC kit, but who doesnt on these bikes, I had simple stock thruxton rear shocks which made a world of difference too. Like mentioned earlier, it's all about the rider. If ya hang off like a chimp ya can even get a knee down..... though terrifying...And I like making bikes do things they're not always thought of as doing

Looks like you got your knee down a few too many times. I think we should all chip in so goodcat can buy himself some new jeans.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #7590
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
Looks like you got your knee down a few too many times. I think we should all chip in so goodcat can buy himself some new jeans.