Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #7651
tpresten
RideUmAll

Oddometer: 170
Settle down everyone. I rolled it out of the garage backwards but also keep in mind that the snow was not soft and was almost shear ice so it did not leave a good footprint like some sweet Colorado powder would have.

If you notice in this picture there is some snow clinging to the rear tire to prove it was not dropped out of the back of a truck and yes I did ride it after the photoshoot back into the garage and even did an icey burnout.

tpresten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #7652
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpresten
Settle down everyone. I rolled it out of the garage backwards but also keep in mind that the snow was not soft and was almost shear ice so it did not leave a good footprint like some sweet Colorado powder would have.

If you notice in this picture there is some snow clinging to the rear tire to prove it was not dropped out of the back of a truck and yes I did ride it after the photoshoot back into the garage and even did an icey burnout.
Scrambler CSI
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #7653
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:

Doh!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #7654
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
Oofle Dust , Everybody knows thats how it were done.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #7655
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
I didn't know motorcycles could roll backward!

Krahe screwed with this post 02-17-2010 at 08:01 PM
Krahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #7656
Beach40
Banned

Oddometer: 2,975
Quote:

Its a conspiracy I tells ya...A CONSPIRACY!!! What aren't you telling us? Is that even real snow??? Were you involved with the "moon landing" people...?
Beach40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #7657
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach40
Its a conspiracy I tells ya...A CONSPIRACY!!! What aren't you telling us? Is that even real snow??? Were you involved with the "moon landing" people...?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #7658
tpresten
RideUmAll

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach40
Is it even a Scrambler or is it a 650GS dressed up to pose as one?
tpresten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #7659
rideguide
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
New to me 06...The fast blue one.

Tomorrow can't come quick enough !!!

I have been following this thread for some time now lusting over the scram, and now I went and did it.
My new ride has only 1,500 klm on it and was part of a guys collection.
Should make a great stable mate to my Ural Gear up, and provide the same kind of ear to ear grins.... Besides, It will be a great excuse to get out the door and go for a ride without the DOG.

Getting old has it's rewards, lol.
rideguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #7660
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideguide
Tomorrow can't come quick enough !!!

I have been following this thread for some time now lusting over the scram, and now I went and did it.
My new ride has only 1,500 klm on it and was part of a guys collection.
Should make a great stable mate to my Ural Gear up, and provide the same kind of ear to ear grins.... Besides, It will be a great excuse to get out the door and go for a ride without the DOG.

Getting old has it's rewards, lol.
You will enjoy it for sure, good to see you got the fast blue one...we need photos.

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #7661
ScrambDaddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
My mods for 2010:

black fuel tank, silver fenders, stripped and polished engine covers, tail light from a early 70' CB ... :)

Bike history: Z900, RD400, Z1000LTD, GPZ1100, FT500, XS1100, VF1100C, KLR600, CB1100F, V-Max, VX800, XL650V, GSF1200, R1200R, XL700V, Scrambler900, Scrambler900EFI, TDM900, Tiger800, Z750S, DL1000 V-Storm, DL650 V-Storm.
ScrambDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #7662
thelocalhack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
So I'm watching one of the silly "Gangland" programs, y'know, the ones with the lunch-money production values that tell thrilling stories about photogenic 1%ers. The subject of this episode was the Pagan's (sic), and having grown up around Philadelphia I enjoyed the shots of the city and the brief coverage of the war with Nicky Scarfo. But the show saved the best for (almost) last. As the voiceover ominously informed us that the Pagan's (sic, again) had begun recruiting again the camera slowly panned across a series of parked bikes--presumably to horrify the viewer with visions of future badassery--coming briefly to rest on the most disturbing vision of all: a 2006 red/white Scrambler. Just like mine!

Naturally, I let out a girlish squeal and recorded the episode to show the wife, who had a good laugh.

So beware, fellow Scrambler owners, you're now 1%ers. Break out the axe handles and crystal! And remember, never talk to the Feds, unless you are a Fed, in which case I guess it's okay.
thelocalhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 AM   #7663
McJamie
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrambDaddy
My mods for 2010:

black fuel tank, silver fenders, stripped and polished engine covers, tail light from a early 70' CB ... :)

I bet that sounds just evil. What kind of pipe is that?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #7664
jnx55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelocalhack
So I'm watching one of the silly "Gangland" programs, y'know, the ones with the lunch-money production values that tell thrilling stories about photogenic 1%ers. The subject of this episode was the Pagan's (sic), and having grown up around Philadelphia I enjoyed the shots of the city and the brief coverage of the war with Nicky Scarfo. But the show saved the best for (almost) last. As the voiceover ominously informed us that the Pagan's (sic, again) had begun recruiting again the camera slowly panned across a series of parked bikes--presumably to horrify the viewer with visions of future badassery--coming briefly to rest on the most disturbing vision of all: a 2006 red/white Scrambler. Just like mine!

Naturally, I let out a girlish squeal and recorded the episode to show the wife, who had a good laugh.

So beware, fellow Scrambler owners, you're now 1%ers. Break out the axe handles and crystal! And remember, never talk to the Feds, unless you are a Fed, in which case I guess it's okay.
I was watching this, I must have turned it off before I saw the badass scrambler. That would have been funny to see. Maybe I should edit my for sale post to include something like " want to be a 1%er?"
jnx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #7665
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,314
Seat bolt

I lost one of my seat bolts last fall and wanted to use the "R" clips like I saw one of you use but couldn't find any small enough, so here's my 10 cent (literally) fix:

cut a groove in the bolt head with a hack saw, ground the dime flat and epoxied it in place. I swear a lot of Scrambler owners must have been KLR owners in a former life.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote