Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #811
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
After going back and forth about what to get (since the F800GS was delayed) about a million times, I have settled on the Scrambler. Tomorrow I am going to make the deal on an '07 green and grey Scrammy with the black motor. This bike is a big departure from what I have been riding over the last 10 years or so, but I'm F-ing stoked. I am looking forward to making the mods that will personalize this bike to my riding style, etc. I am holding some $$ aside for some new pipes, airbox removal, re-jetting, Ventura rack and pack, and a few other goodies.
Since most posts are useless without pics, I'll post them up when I get her home. Dealer is holding her until we get a little change in weather here in the frozen north. Thanks guys for answering my questions and speaking so highly of this gorgeous bike. I can't wait!
Julia

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #812
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpdog
After going back and forth about what to get (since the F800GS was delayed) about a million times, I have settled on the Scrambler.
Wouldnt call it settling...would call it the best decision.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #813
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckside
Wouldnt call it settling...would call it the best decision.
No, not settling. Just settled.

I had been looking at just about everything else out there. I think I was driving people nuts cuz every day it was something different I was talking about buying. All along I loved the Scrambler, but was a little put off by many of the reviews out there. Then I realized that out of all the bikes I have owned, the one I missed the most was an old 1978 BMW R100RS. It made the same power as the Scrambler and was heavier. At 40 years old and female, I just don't need sportbike performance (who does, really?). I am imagining long, lazy rides on this bike with the ability to take this road if I damn well please.

No, not settling. Just settled....

The shop opens at 10:00. Can't wait to see her again.

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #814
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,771
Congrats on your decision QD! Where are ya in MN?

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #815
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Still looking good

I visited the harley dealership looking for riding gear, didnt find anything, and still cant figure out why people like to pay more for harleys. I think of it as a stupid tax ;) The least expensive harley was $10k and I couldnt see the justification for the extra money at all. Just not impressed. IMO if you buy a harley you are just paying for a logo.

So I visited the local triumph dealer, they have a new 08 Scrambler in. I prefer the silver engine to the black, but it is still a great looking bike. The weather is getting warmer and I am chomping at the bit to start riding. Riding classes dont start till april...2 more months!!! Cant wait to get my license so I can get my Scrambler! The weather is getting warmer and I am chomping at the bit to start riding.

I guess I will just have to be jealous of all the pics being posted here
Old 03-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #816
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Mine, and YOURS?

I am in Minnetonka, MN. I understand how it feels to be waiting for the weather. It is really nice here this weekend (in the 30's), but the salt and refreezing keep me off the roads until they get cleaned up a bit.

If anyone is interested, I bought a leftover '07 today at a dealer nearby. In addition to this Scrambler, this dealer has 2 '06 bikes still available. I personally like the black motor. I had considered the '06 Scramblers and asked them about the price (given that they are now 2 years old). One of these bikes was a demo and has 400 miles on it. They want $6700 for it. They said they would waive any other fees because of the mileage. THat could get you out the door for about $7200, plus you could take advantage of Triumph's promotion going on. They'll do 3.9% interest, $1000 in Triumph accessories, OR $600 cash back. Screamin' deal if you are in the midwest and looking for an '06. If anyone wants to pursue this bike (or the other '06 with no miles but they are asking $6900) PM me and I can help facilitate the process. COuld even trailer a short distance.

Julia

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
Old 03-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #817
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Looks like the Scrambler community might just take off this year.
I am sure Krahe, queenpdog and others will grow to love their new sickles.
I've just got back from the New Zealand Triumph National rally, and even though there were many many Meridan Trumpy's and lots of new T100's etc, the Scrambler draws many old school riders to it, with many favourable comments.
Modify your bikes to suit your enviroments, and enjoy the ride.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #818
pinecone
任意人

Oddometer: 1,438
I wish the Scrambler came out the same time my GS did. I like the Scrambler's looks. And it appears Triumph ain't gonna die any time soon.

Congrats to those who got one recently.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #819
motorjon68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
The temptation continues. There's an '06 demo with less than 1k miles. They are going to call Monday with a price. What do you think is a fair price for the bike?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #820
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorjon68
The temptation continues. There's an '06 demo with less than 1k miles. They are going to call Monday with a price. What do you think is a fair price for the bike?
See my post above. Dealer here in MN has one with 400 demo miles on it for $6700 + tax, title, doc fee. Total OTD would be about $7200, plus you'd get the promotional deal if purchased before March 31st. I think this is a very good price. Has anyone seen cheaper? By the way, this one is blue.

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #821
motorjon68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
QD, I saw your post. There's an '07 for $7199 at another dealer. I don't think $6700 for a two yr old demo is that good. Not terrible but brand new for $500 more seems better. Thank you for the info though.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #822
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

You could check out cycletrader. I have been looking for a while. I don't think you'll find one much cheaper, but I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed for ya.

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
Old 03-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #823
zokalr13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
as an avid SCRAMBLER lover,i took the wife to the bike shop to SHOW OFF my possible next purchase...she yawned and said:"i like the THRUXTON better"...aw ,KRIPES!! what the hell am i gonna do NOW?????
zokalr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #824
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokalr13
as an avid SCRAMBLER lover,i took the wife to the bike shop to SHOW OFF my possible next purchase...she yawned and said:"i like the THRUXTON better"...aw ,KRIPES!! what the hell am i gonna do NOW?????
Buy her a Thruxton.

Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #825
jwrover
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Why don't you GET IT MEN!

I NEED A PHOTO FIX!

I am about 2 months away from buying my own!!! I need photo Scrambler Sex to keep me going. Please Help by posting photos of your rider!...RIDE...I don't care bout you!

Thanks
jwrover
jwrover is offline   Reply With Quote