Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #9586
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration
Well, I am getting close to having a solid set-up.

This...

Max be very wary of bracing to that exhaust bracket. I discovered mine had cracked possibly due to a fall by the previous owner where I suspect the exhausts got pushed inwards. Which is exactly what your luggage will try to do.
I welded in a bracing piece like this....

I would utilise one of the holes under the seat (those rusty ones bottom right in your first photo) and bring a strap out to your frame. You could mirror that the other side as well.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #9587
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technikiller
I pulled the headers before. They are definitely Ti, not stainless. At least mine are.
Sorry you're wrong.
IFAIK Ti cannot be bent like these are. That's why when you see a trick Ti racing exhaust they have lots and lots of little sections welded together to make the curve. As shown in these....
http://products.ftrmoto.com/best_det...d_id=2&grpid=2
&
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...for_honda.html
Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #9588
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Hello! Just purchased myself a scram. It's an 06 with 1,900miles and I got it for a song. I know a stock and clean scrambler is nothing interesting to look at but I'll get it dirty soon enough and I will defnitly post pics. I'm looking forward to exploring the local trails on this machine, but first I'd like to talk to someone about having a quality bash plate made. So please, PM me if you think you can help. Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #9589
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark
Hello! Just purchased myself a scram. It's an 06 with 1,900miles and I got it for a song. I know a stock and clean scrambler is nothing interesting to look at but I'll get it dirty soon enough and I will defnitly post pics. I'm looking forward to exploring the local trails on this machine, but first I'd like to talk to someone about having a quality bash plate made. So please, PM me if you think you can help. Thanks for looking!
Nice looking Dog!
I tried to buy a nicely priced 06 Scrambler before I got my 07,the 06 sold too quick. I like the shiny cases.
The skidplate on my 07 has a sticker on it saying it's from a KX 450F Kawasaki,it fits nicely,some holes were drilled to bolt it on but it looks like it was made for the Triumph. Im putting the Race-Tech Emulators in the forks soon on mine,should help the suspension loads.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #9590
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger
Nice looking Dog!
+1

Congrats on your new purchase!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #9591
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,303
Wow , A stock Scrambler. Never seen one of those before.

Welcome to the club. Let the Farkling begin. I have just went one week without bolting something on the bike, Maybe I'm on the road to recovery?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #9592
ZappBranigan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D
Wow , A stock Scrambler. Never seen one of those before.
They don't stay that way very long.
ZappBranigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #9593
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
but first I'd like to talk to someone about having a quality bash plate made. So please, PM me if you think you can help. Thanks for looking!
Good bike to find. Big dog

The bash plate only needs to protect the cases from flying stones so doesn't need to be that strong. You could bash one out yourself like I did out of 2mm alloy sheet. Yeah I know, not the prettiest but it works....

Or you could get the Grizzly additions like in this photo....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/P1010931.jpg
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #9594
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Cool, mine looked like that . Once .

I bent up my own bash plate

It's changed since this shot
trustme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #9595
technikiller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger
Sorry you're wrong.
IFAIK Ti cannot be bent like these are. That's why when you see a trick Ti racing exhaust they have lots and lots of little sections welded together to make the curve. As shown in these....
http://products.ftrmoto.com/best_det...d_id=2&grpid=2
&
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...for_honda.html

Interesting. My bad. I just know when I pulled the header pipes they felt extremely light, especially in comparison to others I've pulled off.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #9596
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the welcome and bash plate suggestions everyone! Now I'm beginning to think It may not be too difficult to fab up something myself. Thanks again and I look forward to following these discussions!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #9597
NONAME13
NONAME13

Oddometer: 258
Rust never sleeps

The rusty rim job I can't believe the poor quality of the wheel builds as a mtn biker Im used to the odd crap wheel but at least there light. My Triumph rims both have rust even my 1978 honda trail ct 90 did not have the rust thats on my lower milage wheel get it together Triumph stop cheaping out on so many things head lights,wheels,shocks,etc pretty much everthing.Now come on I like my Scrambler however its low grade compared to low grade like stock klrs I've owned three and I know you can do better. Triumph don't build lemon Land Rovers figure it out now. I guess Im ranting how ever Im pissed about the Leaking valve cover gasket as well and having a dealer say it's not warranty is just the tip so figure it out please and thankyou.
NONAME13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #9598
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technikiller
Interesting. My bad. I just know when I pulled the header pipes they felt extremely light, especially in comparison to others I've pulled off.
That's probably because most Jap stock headers are double skinned.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 AM   #9599
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONAME13
The rusty rim job I can't believe the poor quality of the wheel builds as a mtn biker Im used to the odd crap wheel but at least there light. My Triumph rims both have rust even my 1978 honda trail ct 90 did not have the rust thats on my lower milage wheel get it together Triumph stop cheaping out on so many things head lights,wheels,shocks,etc pretty much everthing.Now come on I like my Scrambler however its low grade compared to low grade like stock klrs I've owned three and I know you can do better. Triumph don't build lemon Land Rovers figure it out now. I guess Im ranting how ever Im pissed about the Leaking valve cover gasket as well and having a dealer say it's not warranty is just the tip so figure it out please and thankyou.
Nice rant, agreed the rims are crap, I had mine replaced under warranty but it took some fighting . The dealer & Triumph NZ thought the claim was valid but all warranty claims go back to UK who refused the claim. Legal threats & some expert analysis as back up did the trick & Triumph NZ & UK jointly came to the party. Triboy a fellow kiwi has also had a rim replaced under warranty as have others on the Rat site. Don't give up.

Replacement rims were coated with Lanocote prior to fitting tyres so hopefully no more probs.

Anyone changing tyres should check under the rubber band thingo or make sure the tyre fitter does . I only found the problem when I changed my own tyres.
trustme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #9600
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

+1 on the rusty rim thing