Old 08-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #13501
SpyderMike
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallwine View Post
Broke your gearlever miles from home?
Fixed with RAM camera mount.
Hey, nice temp fix! Mine fell off on the highway last week and I had to push on what was left. Luckily the Scram shifts easily.
SpyderMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #13502
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper-Clubman View Post
Hey cooper, that's a cool garage, and a lovely scrambler. I might do something similar with my garage when I eventually get my scrambler. Just one thing though, the union jack (flag) you have up is showing the wrong side, you are showing the back of it. No offense just thought I'd let you know. Keep the pictures comming, I'm enjoying them.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #13503
Cooper-Clubman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Ooops! Thank you for letting me know! I will change that imediately.

How embarrassing. They should come with a carelabel attached where the right side is advised ;-)
Cooper-Clubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #13504
kellis
Fair Weather Rider

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper-Clubman View Post
How embarrassing. They should come with a carelabel attached where the right side is advised ;-)
I had to look closely... but I've just found this....

http://www.jdawiseman.com/papers/uni...t-construction

Kev

History:- K1200RS, XT600E, R100/7, FZR1000RU, GSX750F, XV535 (sorry), BSA A65L, XT500E, CB200.
kellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #13505
Makis54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Where did you get the mini speedo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
A couple current pics. I switched the speedo for a mini, cut out the airbox, upgraded the R/R unit and relocated it under the battery, mini led turn indicators, and a few other odds and ends.

I went for a nice long ride early this morning. It's been too hot the last couple weeks here. Dawn patrol is great.

Makis54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #13506
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makis54 View Post
Where did you get the mini speedo?
Mikes XS part #03-0748

Lot's of good info about the mini speedo in D9's section on NewBonnevilleRiders.com

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #13507
rotaryracer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmMike View Post
Still looking for shocks. Currently considering the Bitubos (the wind changed direction). Where is the best place to get these in the states?
Thanks,
Mike
I worked with Dan at Traxxion Dynamics (www.traxxion.com) and had really positive results. Hermy's (www.herdan.com/bitubo) also sells Bitubo and their prices seem to be a bit better than Traxxion, but I didn't get a response back to my email till at least a week or two after I ordered from Traxxion. I've since heard that they do a bit better with direct phone calls versus email, so your mileage may vary.

BTW, I love my Bitubos. I went the Progressive springs and Progressive 412s on my Scrambler and while they're great for the price, I've been spoiled by my Traxxion/RaceTech front end and Bitubos on my Thrux.

Have fun...

Jason
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #13508
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
I worked with Dan at Traxxion Dynamics (www.traxxion.com) and had really positive results. Hermy's (www.herdan.com/bitubo) also sells Bitubo and their prices seem to be a bit better than Traxxion, but I didn't get a response back to my email till at least a week or two after I ordered from Traxxion. I've since heard that they do a bit better with direct phone calls versus email, so your mileage may vary.

BTW, I love my Bitubos. I went the Progressive springs and Progressive 412s on my Scrambler and while they're great for the price, I've been spoiled by my Traxxion/RaceTech front end and Bitubos on my Thrux.

Have fun...

Jason
I ordered mine from Hermy's over the phone. It wasn't a quick process and they had to order the Scrambler/Thruxton length with black springs for me. But I'm very happy with the Bitubos! These are great springs for the price IMO.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #13509
9mmMike
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post

Have fun...

Jason
Dan got back to me pretty fast he said that they have 3 models avaialable, the WMB (preload only) the WME (preload and rebound) and the WMT (preload, rebound and compression)
WMB $451
WME $515
WMT $905

What's the consensus for the Scrambler?

I have used Traxxion Dynamics before for the suspension on my Monster. I like their work.

9mmMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #13510
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by badweatherbiker View Post
Another question to the Scrambler owners out there about longevity, how many high mileage Scrams are out there? I looked at one a few days ago (didnt get to ride it) and it had about 18000 miles on it same as my Uly and I was thinking I havnt seen one with high mileage. Can I expect 50,000+ miles out of one?
You could ask the same question of owners of the America and Speedmaster as the engine is exactly the same in these models except for the primary chaincase cover. I once owned a Triumph America in our m./c rental fleet which we sold at 106,000km (65,800miles). Mechanical issues? Absolutely none, not even the need to adjust valve clearances in this time and remember that this was a rental bike having had many different riders. I have owned other Triumph twins since as well as my own Scrambler which has done 18months of road racing plus many track days with not a problem so IMHO, normal road riding will never stretch the dependability envelope on the Scrambler.

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #13511
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,618
GPS Aux plug

Bought a Garmin hand held GPS to use on the XR (adventure riding) a few weeks back but got an extra mount for the scrambler as well.

Works a treat but thought I better add a power supply to save batteries, pulled the seat & tank off tonight for a look, checked out the spare plug under the tank near the coil on the left side...constant power, pulled fuses to check if it was protected..3rd fuse from the front on the right.

Worked out the best way to supply the power to the gps, used a power supply plug wired to the fused power under the tank & ran the wiring & plug back to the right side cover.
The plug fitted in by the fuse box & the gps power cord & plug into that behind the right side cover, easy & as the side cover comes off without tools easy to charge a phone or even a ipod if away for a few days on a road trip.

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #13512
LookoutMountainTiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Tailbag for Scrambler

What would be a good choice for a tailbag for a Scrambler with the high pipes, TOR's, needs to be good size for several days trips but not too big to flop over and hit the pipes. The Wolfman Beta series looks nice and comes in two sizes, would the large be too big. Also the Saddleman for 89.99 looks nice. I am open to any comments and recommendations, thanks in advance.
LookoutMountainTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #13513
FoothillRyder
Tiger Cub

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookoutMountainTiger View Post
What would be a good choice for a tailbag for a Scrambler with the high pipes, TOR's, needs to be good size for several days trips but not too big to flop over and hit the pipes. The Wolfman Beta series looks nice and comes in two sizes, would the large be too big. Also the Saddleman for 89.99 looks nice. I am open to any comments and recommendations, thanks in advance.
I'll throw in my vote for the Saddlemen. Pack efficiently and it would be plenty; but it works well.
- FoothillRyder AMA# 289558, BIR #47, COP #001
'97 Trophy 900, '98 Tiger, '03 Speed Triple 955i

My Blog: http://foothillryder.com/
FoothillRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #13514
Romabuk
Hole in da pants

Oddometer: 114
Metal mule is a great pannier solution, If you find the panniers too good, You could just source the frames and make your own panniers. Extremely bomber frames. You will be very happy!
Romabuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #13515
akokie
Boomer Sooner

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romabuk View Post
Metal mule is a great pannier solution, If you find the panniers too good, You could just source the frames and make your own panniers. Extremely bomber frames. You will be very happy!
another vote for the metal mules. pricey, but extremely well built. are they worth it? that's up to you.