Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average. Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #16
100mpg OP
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz
Hey, that looks great if you are a midget. What if you are normal height, like this guy?

That front seat folds forward and I was planning on sticking my legs over that way. Their is another configuration that leave the back seat up and the front folds down flat. Almost as flat as that guy!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #17
100mpg OP
This sentance intent

You bought it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
Okay...just got back from our local Honda dealer (the one nearby, anyway). Not a damn Fit on the lot. Maybe one stray Civic or two.

I think it's for the older people like me that don't have one of those newfangled nintendo things.

Hmmm. Spare human. I thought the Trunk Monkey was all the rage.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:10 PM   #18
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,210
Naaah. Tomorrow is supposed to be the day. But inventory dropped over the weekend so we may wait another week.

I may hold off to at least test drive the Fit if we can find one.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #19
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg
That front seat folds forward and I was planning on sticking my legs over that way. Their is another configuration that leave the back seat up and the front folds down flat. Almost as flat as that guy!
You must worship Picard. My wife does.
jdiaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #20
ilmostro
Under Da Sea

Oddometer: 29,249
Element.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #21
100mpg OP
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro
Element.
I checked out the element also, but the MPG's are almost the same as my PU so there is no point in buying it. It is HUGE inside, but I need to spend less money on gas. I always hated small cars, but this is so well layed out, and can be configure so many ways, it doesn't seem that small.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #22
LewisNClark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Have a black Element (love it)

Interior can be converted into practically a van in 10 minutes but is a bitch to put the rear seats back in. Do get 24 mpg. which is not bad for a full size vehicle. Element is very plain but extremely functional. All wheel drive when needed. 34,000 miles on Element and absolute ZERO Defects. Great vechicle.

Also have a Mini Copper-S and like it ok but had to get the Element cause MINI just has no room at all to haul stuff, but does get 29 to 32 mpg. Mini's for sale.
LewisNClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #23
patch29
Surly Rider

Oddometer: 7,364
Quote:
Element.
Fuel mileage.

I went to the Atlanta Auto show last night. The fit is nice. I messed around with the seats for a minute. I don't know if I could sleep comfortably in it. The front seat folding flat is a pain to get it to work, I am sure if you did it all the time you would get quicker. The fold-up rear seat was cool and easy to use. It would have been nice to have a way for the front seat to fold down and the back seats to fold down and all end up at the same level. That would make it a mini-RV, without the amenities.

I don't really want to buy a new car these days, but I kept looking back to the new hatchbacks, so you never know. I really liked the Audi A3 Quattro. The paddle shifters on it are slick. I would still prefer a stick, which would bring me back to VW Golf with a TDI engine getting the best in class mileage.

I also like the new R class Mercedes, mostly for the amount of room the rear passengers have, but no way I am even dreaming of shelling out that much for a car.

There were a lot of cars that just have poor sight lines. I guess they figure nobody wants to really look over their shoulder while changing lanes, so why bother making good sight lines?

The Dodge Caliber was another very nice car for the small hatchback category. I think it was the Mazda5 that shocked me when the door opened like a mini van, but it did have a lot of room.

The new FJ. I don't know it just did not sell me. I would rather have a Tacoma. I need to see it again, without a lot of people around.

The Yaris, big thumbs down on the speedo/tach in the middle of the dashboard.

For the Toyota 4x4 lovers, May 4-7 in Atlanta, Toyota is setting up some sort of a dirt course. I would go, but I will be out of town.

For a larger car, the Ford Fivehundred is a little bland, but it has space for people and cargo, not horrible mileage and I think it can be well equipped for under 30K.

The GT40, was sweet.

The Nissan Versa was there, HB only and locked. I really wanted to check it out.

I saw somewhere online, that in Europe some of these hatchbacks are sold as mini-cargo vans, without rear windows. That and a fuel sipping diesel might get me to purchase. It would be a mini-sprinter, just give it enough power to tow a dirt bike.

Dodge brought a lot of trucks, the mega-cab is huge. The did not even bother to bring one Sprinter van. I wonder why they opt not to. I would think with such a strong product they could bring a short roof and wheel-base model outfitted with passenger seating. Get the word out on a great product as an efficient and spacious people mover or soccer mom van. They could have brought a 2007 to show off.

The Mini's are cool. If I did not haul a lot of gear on a regular occasion I would be interested in one, they do look fun, but I am not sure about the dash setup. I don't mind the center mounted speedo, but the tach they have over the steering wheel just looks odd. It needs to be in a smaller case or something.

Trends I saw at several manufacturers, dual sunroofs and paddle shifters are in.

Overall it was a fun way to spend a couple hours.
patch29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #24
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Quote:
Element.
Gas mileage.

More flexible cargo space than my Jeep but...hey...didn't see that much of an advantage given the mileage. Excellent little rig, just didn't fit with our needs right now.

Like I like. Yep.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #25
Daniii
Banned

Oddometer: 22,718
I really like our Element....
Daniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #26
Mike Butt
Agent Provocateur

Oddometer: 55,635
Just signed on the dotted line for a Honda Fit Sport. 5-14 days till delivery.
Mike Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
Bender
I can pass this guy.

Oddometer: 31,812
Quote:
Element.
+1
Old 04-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #28
Askel
Perma-n00b

Oddometer: 10,450
This is what sold me on the the Honda Fit:

It's the current Car I Really Really Want.

Check that out. Skid plates on the sump and gas tank should be super easy and that exhaust routing is just screaming for a side exit glass pack.
Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #29
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel
This is what sold me on the the Honda Fit:

It's the current Car I Really Really Want.

Check that out. Skid plates on the sump and gas tank should be super easy and that exhaust routing is just screaming for a side exit glass pack.

"Rub my tummy!"

I don't like the Honda's proportions compared to the stubby little XA but damn, they sure did spec it well.

Hmmm. I need to go check the SCCA classes again....

Like I like. Yep.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #30
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,284
in the past few months I've driven (all 2006's) a RAV 4, a Cvic, a Corolla, A Dodge Caliber, a Ford Focus, a element, a CRV.

haven't driven a Fit yet but I will and I'm thinking I'll buy it.

nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: