Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #136
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter
Make sure that you take some good shots of your new Piaa light(s) setup.
I'm interested.
Today is a day off from driving Miss Daisy. It's the last one I have before
the 17th. Bigger Bird is growing cobwebs and it's raining today.

Have a good ride!

TR
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #137
akrider
mild adventurer

Oddometer: 1,711
School Bells ringing

I hate to be the one to bring forth the bad news........but i can hear the school bells ringing already. Some of you advriders need to get back to work.

Ignoranus-def: someone who is stupid and an asshole.
akrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #138
helikron
The Fixer

Oddometer: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrider
I hate to be the one to bring forth the bad news........but i can hear the school bells ringing already. Some of you advriders need to get back to work.
akrider,
suppose that we b.s. sometime Saturday... breakfast perhaps? maybe throw around some ideas for getting a couple of cycles down to at least Victoria, BC?
I'll phone tomorrow before leaving FAI. New (to me) panniers going on the 650 Strom right now.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #139
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,052
The Rally Is On

427 HARLEYS SPANKED AS OF LAST COUNT
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #140
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 876
Cry Last leg of Journey

We are home and we are broke! Now that's a vacation... Not real excited about being home though (being home without the Beemer and sorting through the summer bills).

I spent the last few days prepping the bike for storage. Had to replace an o ring on the quick disconnect for the fuel. Good thing it is a common size. Put on a set of 'Lops after a run to Miami Beach. Warm water there and Gina loaded up on great shells. Great, where do I put those on the bike...

Speaking of which, WTF are we thinking with all this stuff on one bike? We had it spread all over the room (good thing we had two rooms) we had to figure out what goes to Germany and what goes home. Then we had to organize it some way so we could do a quick pack in Orlando where we are storing the bike. We hit a Sam's club when we got to the resort and spent $20 on a two pack of duffle bags (big-ass bags) along with our week of food and Corona and limes...

Mrs. USBYGS was incredible in the organization of it all even though it took so long to do (with the pool, jacuzzi, Bass Pro {WIGGLE WORMS!!}, Cheeburger-Cheeburger, outlet mall, and did I mention the huge shower in our room with two shower heads? - I'd better stop there).

Everynight we made fajitas or nachos because they compliment the mexi beer so well. Fresh fruit for breaking the fast, and the evening would end on the balcony, under the moon, with a primo cigar. Why did I have to come home?!

The last run was a hot muther and uneventful dispite bad directions to a place we wanted to visit (Orlando is so big even the people that live there don't know where the hell they are or how they got there). We hit the storage place after a 5 minute rain storm and a 10 minute drying off period. Almost perfect. We were rushed to get the bike unloaded, pack out gear for home, repack the bike for Germany (unstuffing the tent, sleeping bag, thermarests, etc.), then unhooking the battery, had just put in stabilizer at last fueling (stored with about 1 gallon in tank), do all paper work, pay the storage fee, squeeze the bike through crates and boxes (manpowered the bike) to a fenced in area for final resting, call a cab, wait anxiously for cab, get to airport, repack so bags are not too heavy, change out of sweaty riding gear (put clean clothes on on top of dirty body) , check in luggage (including Wilbur), get through security, get food and drink, get to gate just in time to load up for nine hours to get where it took us two months to ride from (14,500 miles). That just wore my ass out again just going though it. It was rushed and you always wonder what you forgot to do. Major separation anxiety leaving the bike behind (knowing that it is gonna be moved a few times by strangers). We were so rushed we did not get a pict of the bike in storage.

I guess it is official or I have until March to decide to keep the bike from going to the Motherland. European RECON Tour '07.

WTF '06 is offically over and we want the others to know that we would ride anywhere, anytime with them again. It was the best! WTF '08 is going to commence in Europe with most of the same "Gang" (after USBYGS does the RECON {according to Webster - a preliminary survey to gain information} work on '07). You are invited...

Pictures will be uploaded for your viewing pleasure very,very soon. And beware that Griz is in some of those picts and they may be very,very scawry and not suitable for some viewers!

One of the highlights of the WTF Tour has been entertaining those who could not be with us by reliving the events through this website. I would not have done it without your encouragement and participation. Thank you for that.

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #141
keith in alaska
Valley Gruver

Oddometer: 457
Welcome Back

Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted on another one of your awesome journeys

Looking forward to the slide/video show.

www.RentAlaska.com
keith in alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #142
HackyMoto
TEAMUSAGSTROPHY2012

Oddometer: 1,046

Sponsor
alaskaleather.com

Join Smugmug save 5 bucks coupon(uADB4GsV1gfKM)
HackyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #143
Big Bad Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
427 HARLEYS SPANKED AS OF LAST COUNT
Oooooh.....Might be able to reverse that trend if you ever make it up AK way....Only on the twisties though, as the Road Glide only does about 120 on top....
Big Bad Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #144
ptero
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
We are home and we are broke! Now that's a vacation... Not real excited about being home though (being home without the Beemer and sorting through the summer bills).

major snippage
I suspect it's a little bittersweet for you but it warms my heart to know you are home safe after such a journey. I, too, would go anywhere anytime with all of you (cellphones included!!!). Do it again? In a heartbeat.

Hmmm, ya gonna have to finally fix that KLR??? Got a sprocket here iffn ya need it! Slightly used...

Ride Hard or Stay Home
ptero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #145
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob
Oooooh.....Might be able to reverse that trend if you ever make it up AK way....Only on the twisties though, as the Road Glide only does about 120 on top....
HELL, THATS WHAT I WAS COUNTING WAS THE TWISTIES...I COULDN'T BEGIN TO COUNT ON THE INTERSTATE BEEN TO ALASKA TWICE...DIDN'T SEE TOO MANY CURVES THOUGH! BY THE WAY AT 120, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE OTHER 2 GEARS?
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #146
Big Bad Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
HELL, THATS WHAT I WAS COUNTING WAS THE TWISTIES...I COULDN'T BEGIN TO COUNT ON THE INTERSTATE BEEN TO ALASKA TWICE...DIDN'T SEE TOO MANY CURVES THOUGH! BY THE WAY AT 120, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE OTHER 2 GEARS?
Palmer to King Mtn. has some good curves, Hope road also...Remember next time you blow off an H-D though, it's not the bike it's the rider!!!! Very funny about the other two gears, but I can understand, as that's the case with a couple of my other bikes
Big Bad Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #147
aterveen_1487
Black Hills BMW Stampede

Oddometer: 51
welcome back

since I have a couple Alaskan's staying here, Barb and Kimora, I thought I would say congrats on being home...sorry to hear you are broke, but you deserve it for having such an awesome time and making us all read about it...it was painful....yet enjoyable!!! We really want to make it up there now that we now know a couple more folks from up there. Great folks!
Posse #336
WWW.BLACKHILLSBMW.COM
aterveen_1487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #148
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

That is the number of pictures we have to go through... Not to mention 900 minutes of video. WTF?! I'm gonna hafta get another hard drive to load that up for editing. Believe me, you don't want to see the raw footage. Griz, Ptero, and Jimbo in the RAW? We will keep the rating respectable. I still can't believe it is over. Back to the picts. Gotta get a few posted! Soon...

Old 08-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #149
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Webpage and picts are up!

http://web.mac.com/usbygs/iWeb/USBYG...6/Welcome.html

USBYGS screwed with this post 08-06-2006 at 07:07 PM
Old 08-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #150
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

I am missing the first webpage we did in OR. on a different computer. That will be back up as soon as I get it from Sis'.

On the last few pages of this thread there are some good picts of Griz's bike and helmet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153710