Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #166
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
HEY TR. WHEN DID YOU TAKE THE PHOTO WITH MY MAID???
You were getting wood, O'ya at the lumber yard

TR A
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #167
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 877
Bike pictures up!

For those who have nothing better to do I have added pictures from the Barber Museum and the BMW rally to the website:

http://web.mac.com/usbygs/iWeb/USBYG...tures%201.html

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #168
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
For those who have nothing better to do I have added pictures from the Barber Museum and the BMW rally to the website:

http://web.mac.com/usbygs/iWeb/USBYG...tures%201.html
Thanks for sharing the pics., there Wonderful.

TR
Old 08-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #169
beamertwin
Paul

Oddometer: 1,064
Nice collection...thanks for sharing!!

Pancreatic cancer stinks
beamertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #170
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Reading a Ride...

Here is a link for a couple of guys we met on the road and their trip from Florida to Deadhorse and back in 30 days. It was a charity run for MS. What I liked about the write ups was how much detail there was about everyone they met (including us). They ended up buying KLR's in Fairbanks for the ride to Deadhorse and then had the shop sell them when they came back down and picked up their HD's.

When we talked to them they were set on riding the HD's all the way. Talk with others' coming off the road changed their minds. Anyway, I emailed Larry last week and he is getting a GS after all he experienced and talks with riders like us about how a large duel sport will do it all. Here is the link, just click on Larry's Ultimate Coast to Coast Tour for MS.

http://www.gryphonconstruction.net/home.html

We'll see some of you at the KLR "clinic" with the new tires strapped on the back and hopefully they won't get sucked up and under (Legion can keep that record of wearing out a tire the fastest)! Later.....

Old 08-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #171
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Hey Ptero!

Anything new? Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock most of the last 10 days... Gonna get the KLR some TLC tomorrow at a tech BS session in the valley. Been watchin' the raw footage from WTF. Good stuff!

Old 08-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #172
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
Anything new? Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock most of the last 10 days... Gonna get the KLR some TLC tomorrow at a tech BS session in the valley. Been watchin' the raw footage from WTF. Good stuff!
Did you ride today? It allllllways makes me feel better when I RIDE rain or shine.

TR
Old 08-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #173
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACTOR RIDER
Did you ride today? It allllllways makes me feel better when I RIDE rain or shine.

TR

No. Damn, that is what I should have done... wait, I still have two hours to ride until tomorrow. Wait again, that damn martini is gonna keep me home for at least another hour...

Old 08-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #174
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,087
Ride Today

NOW THAT THE HARLEYS AND ALL THE TRAILERS HAVE CLEARED OUT WE CAN ACTUALLY GET SOME SAFE RIDING IN DOWN HERE. HOW 'BOUT BREAKFAST AT CHEYENNE X-ING THIS MORNIN'? I'M THINKING SO! NOW IF I JUST HAD SOMEONE TO LEAD THE WAY. I GOT KINDA USED TO FOLLOWING USXGS AND PTERO. (IT WAS BEST IF WE LET JIM O AND HIS GPS JUST TELL US WHERE WE HAD BEEN, WE FOUND OUT.)
I MUST NOW GO SCRUB SOME SIDEWALLS TO SEE IF I CAN GET MY TIRES BACK TO SOME FORM OF ROUNDNESS AFTER THAT FUCKIN' PRARIE!!!
BY THE WAY, THANX FOR THE CARE PACKAGE TR, ALTHOUGH THOSE SALMON TREATS ARE KINDA SALTY.
TIME TO MAKE THAT SUPERTRAPP BARK!!!!
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #175
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
NOW THAT THE HARLEYS AND ALL THE TRAILERS HAVE CLEARED OUT WE CAN ACTUALLY GET SOME SAFE RIDING IN DOWN HERE. HOW 'BOUT BREAKFAST AT CHEYENNE X-ING THIS MORNIN'? I'M THINKING SO! NOW IF I JUST HAD SOMEONE TO LEAD THE WAY. I GOT KINDA USED TO FOLLOWING USXGS AND PTERO. (IT WAS BEST IF WE LET JIM O AND HIS GPS JUST TELL US WHERE WE HAD BEEN, WE FOUND OUT.)
I MUST NOW GO SCRUB SOME SIDEWALLS TO SEE IF I CAN GET MY TIRES BACK TO SOME FORM OF ROUNDNESS AFTER THAT FUCKIN' PRARIE!!!
BY THE WAY, THANX FOR THE CARE PACKAGE TR, ALTHOUGH THOSE SALMON TREATS ARE KINDA SALTY.
TIME TO MAKE THAT SUPERTRAPP BARK!!!!
My favorite. salmon treats and milk. HOPE THE DOG LIKED THE CANDY

TR
Old 08-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #176
Katoomer
Silver Surfer

Oddometer: 1,480
Griz and Co. on Speed Channel

Don't know if you guys caught it yesterday but the Speed channel was running a show on the Sturgis Hill Climb. They showed clips of the Sturgis Ralley downtown and caught Griz, Ptero, Sherry and Tractor Rider in action. Griz was holding court in front of his bike while the other three were sitting on the curb . Fastlanes keen eye caught Griz's GS paint job.....a quick rewind revealed Team Pterodactyl members taking in the sites in downtown Sturgis. No sign of USBYGS but I thought you guys would want to watch it if you have a digital cable box and had scheduled it to record the Speed Channel Hill climb.

Glad to see our friends getting their fair share of the Sturgis limelight.

Katoomer
Katoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #177
ptero
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
Quote:
...enjoying the 2 current jobs that are about 80 miles away. Mainly because they are outta town and mean some decent roads if ya go a LITTLE bit out of the way. Welll, decent for SE Michigan. Then I had an off day and went out that way again for a ride with a friend. We went to Hell.

http://www.hell2u.com/

We've had great weather so I've been able to ride exclusively. 164,500 and counting...

Also been busy moving my life to the new MacBook Pro. And loving it... The desk now has the pro 17" and the old 19" screens. Lots of room for spreading out. DON'T SAY IT!!!!!

Ride Hard or Stay Home
ptero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:48 AM   #178
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Fortuitous is...

having a wife that loves adventure! Gina wanted to go to Hatcher's today and I gently suggested that we take the KLR. Next thing I know she is in her riding gear with lunch packed, helmet in hand. How did I get to be so lucky?

We went up to Archangel for the first time - the road was in poor shape, unless you were on a KLR. There were a few cars and some trucks and one Harley look-a-like (looked like a rough ride up). The Dunlop knobbies worked out sweet for this ride! We crossed creeks, mud holes, badly rutted roads, fresh graded gravel, and some washed out roads.

As we rode up to the Summit to take a look into Hatcher's Pass the rain started up pretty good. Gina suggested we get to Summit and see what the weather is like before we start back for home. We get up there and see down in the valley where the road splits to Willow through Hatcher's and the other one up to the mine. Gina said we probably won't get another chance this year so let's go up that mine road. SWEET! It was raining pretty good, the switchbacks were muddy, the road iffy in places, yet she wanted to go for it.

Anyway, it was an awesome ride and I love the knobbies and the light weight of the KLR (compared to the GS).

Here is my temp repair for a busted bolt (it WAS leaking oil):

Old 08-28-2006, 09:12 AM   #179
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Few more picts...

Old 08-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #180
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,087
Laugh Ms Usxgs

I THINK YOU GOT A KEEPER IN THAT GINA GURL! GREAT PICS YOU TWO. BTW I JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER BEEMER IN FT COLLINS THIS WEEK, 1981 R100 RT...SOON TO BE CAFE RACER/BAR HOPPER. I GUESS THE HACK IS GOING ON THE R65 AFTER ALL. THAT SURE IS A NICE HAT YOU GOT ON IN THE PICS!
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote