User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #31
ptero
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Beautiful.

Love the pictures. Exciting stuff. And it's great to be able to spend time with your family. Yeah, the double yellow road shot was really fun.

I'm getting ready for ya! Today was rehang the forks and front wheel. Did new seals and rubber. See you soon.

Thanks for the updates. Keep 'em coming (in your spare time!!).

Ride Hard or Stay Home
ptero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #32
MotoMamma
Living Life

Oddometer: 1,090
Cool2 Great pictures!

My old stomping grounds!
Salem and the Oregon Coast!
Hope you had some Mo's clam chowder!
I envy both of you!
Keep the reports coming!

All of us have a thousand wishes. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass.
MotoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #33
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 861
We will have access for a few days in Bend then we may go dark on our way to Headquarters. We were gonna try and make Tensleep for the 4th but the festivities are gonna happen on the 3rd so we won't make it. From headquarters we will regroup and see were the road goes... It is nice to hear for you back home!

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #34
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
This is Good stuff!!

Thanks

TR
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #35
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,025
tractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACTOR RIDER
This is Good stuff!!

Thanks

TR
HOW LONG DO YOU FIGURE IT'LL TAKE YOU TO GET HERE ON THAT "TRACTOR"?
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #36
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
Well if I put wings on it and do a little tuning maybe, 8hrs

TR

I e mailed you
Old 07-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #37
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:

Not sure how long for Jermo and Gina.....
but go ahead and start without me.
Currently in Squarebanks waiting on another load of Daisys. Fite
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #38
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Rode yesterday from Lincoln city to Bend and picked up a new tire in Salem on the way. Great service - I took off the wheel, they put the new one one ($10 mount and balanced) and I was on the road, less than an hour. Very warm ride to Bend, lots of JohnLaw on the road. Rode easy and was starting to go into that warm weather zone...

I was following a car, just on auto-pilot, when out of a turn-out came a herd of Harlies (I like the spelling). They were like hooked together and once one started out the rest followed... The car in front of me almost had to come to a stop before one there was a break in the chain. I mean, none of them looked, they just started pulling out. The one that broke the chain was paddle walking his bike up to the main road and about dropped it when he saw the car right there.

So, anyway, I suddenly perked up like I had just mainlined a RedBull and yelled "PYLONS!!!". I had been following this car in front of me for quite a while and was content. Without even thinking, I blipped the throttle and went around the car and put my front tire almost up a straight pipe... I might have been a little close to the back of the chain but I wanted to make sure they saw me and knew that I was not one of them.

Okay, so I really am not doing anything rude or viscious. I was suddenly in a game of some kind. I noticed the last link I was following seemed like a decent couple, so I gave them a little room. Judging from the sound, he was working it pretty hard to create some room, so I slowed down to give him the illusion that he was going faster. I had to keep in mind that the cops were pretty thick today so passing would be done legal. No right sides, no pulling up next to them in the same lane, no slalom runs, no double yellows.

There are numerous short passing lanes so I take them one, two, or three at a time. Each time there is the same response. Their bike gets louder, and they get slower. Just as long as it saves lives, right? They were a well trained group as far as group riders go. Nicely staggered and spaced. It was actually pretty amusing because whenever I passed one or more and squeezed into the line they reformed the stagger. I was so amused by them re-staggering that I almost wanted to pass one at a time just for the visual in the rearview of them swapping sides of the lane... Almost.

I finally made it to the front of the pack - behind the "leader". I don't think he wanted me to pass. He slid one way then the other - not sure of what I was gonna do. He did stay in his lane and was making sure I was not going to try until another straight away. He was like a nervous wreck, twitching and bobbing around. Damn, I sure miss my videographer on the back 'cuase this was some good stuff (Gina is riding with her parents to Bend in the truck so she didn't have to deal with the tire change). This "leader" was actually starting to freak me out with his convulsing body movements. For safety reasons only, I made a double yellow pass. See ya. Now relax and enjoy the ride.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #39
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
Rode yesterday from Lincoln city to Bend and picked up a new tire in Salem on the way. Great service - I took off the wheel, they put the new one one ($10 mount and balanced) and I was on the road, less than an hour. Very warm ride to Bend, lots of JohnLaw on the road. Rode easy and was starting to go into that warm weather zone...

I was following a car, just on auto-pilot, when out of a turn-out came a herd of Harlies (I like the spelling). They were like hooked together and once one started out the rest followed... The car in front of me almost had to come to a stop before one there was a break in the chain. I mean, none of them looked, they just started pulling out. The one that broke the chain was paddle walking his bike up to the main road and about dropped it when he saw the car right there.

So, anyway, I suddenly perked up like I had just mainlined a RedBull and yelled "PYLONS!!!". I had been following this car in front of me for quite a while and was content. Without even thinking, I blipped the throttle and went around the car and put my front tire almost up a straight pipe... I might have been a little close to the back of the chain but I wanted to make sure they saw me and knew that I was not one of them.

Okay, so I really am not doing anything rude or viscious. I was suddenly in a game of some kind. I noticed the last link I was following seemed like a decent couple, so I gave them a little room. Judging from the sound, he was working it pretty hard to create some room, so I slowed down to give him the illusion that he was going faster. I had to keep in mind that the cops were pretty thick today so passing would be done legal. No right sides, no pulling up next to them in the same lane, no slalom runs, no double yellows.

There are numerous short passing lanes so I take them one, two, or three at a time. Each time there is the same response. Their bike gets louder, and they get slower. Just as long as it saves lives, right? They were a well trained group as far as group riders go. Nicely staggered and spaced. It was actually pretty amusing because whenever I passed one or more and squeezed into the line they reformed the stagger. I was so amused by them re-staggering that I almost wanted to pass one at a time just for the visual in the rearview of them swapping sides of the lane... Almost.

I finally made it to the front of the pack - behind the "leader". I don't think he wanted me to pass. He slid one way then the other - not sure of what I was gonna do. He did stay in his lane and was making sure I was not going to try until another straight away. He was like a nervous wreck, twitching and bobbing around. Damn, I sure miss my videographer on the back 'cuase this was some good stuff (Gina is riding with her parents to Bend in the truck so she didn't have to deal with the tire change). This "leader" was actually starting to freak me out with his convulsing body movements. For safety reasons only, I made a double yellow pass. See ya. Now relax and enjoy the ride.
Whan are u planing on getting to Spearfish???

TR
Old 07-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #40
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,172
Quote:
-when out of a turn-out came a herd of Harlies -
Herds of sheeple?
Sad. It just ain't right.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #41
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACTOR RIDER
Whan are u planing on getting to Spearfish???

TR
DAD is expecting us for the family reunion this weekend...

Old 07-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #42
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Kan't Touch Me

Kit and I went for a little ride yesterday after doing some bike work (oil, valves, sync). Him on the GS and me on his KTM. We rode back into the John Day fossil bed area, about 80mi of dirt roads and trails and a couple of creek crossings (we had a planned route - took a wrong turn for the better). All I can say is WOW. The area was spectacular and the bike even better... It was like riding a muscle bound KLR. I was very surprised by the power/powerband. Very comfortable. He has it set up to ride Two up if need be so I need to get Gina on it for a short ride tonight.

Tomorrow we get back on the road, to Hells Canyon, Lolo, Red Lodge... you know the drill, Fighter. Maybe see the Jeffery Boys when passing through Idaho. Things to do, places to go, and people to see. It is a tough life we live but it was a choice we made!

Old 07-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #43
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrider
USbyGS:

Tell Kit I am about to join the x-university employees group. Friday, 6/30 is my last day.

Dennis
and Kit says "He's still working there?" 'Bout time! Enjoy...

Old 07-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #44
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,025
Quote:
and Kit says "He's still working there?" 'Bout time! Enjoy...
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULL SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!
AS WHAT? A WAL-MART GREETER?
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #45
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULL SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!
AS WHAT? A WAL-MART GREETER?

Hi! Welcome to K-Mart!

TR

TRACTOR RIDER screwed with this post 07-03-2006 at 10:30 PM