Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #91
MotoMamma
Living Life

Oddometer: 1,096
Eek Damn Harley riders!

What is their malfunction???????

All of us have a thousand wishes. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass.
MotoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #92
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S
WTF?! What happened to TR's posts & the P-Shop'ed pix with Griz & the red bikini.
Put them back, this ain't right.
It's not the time.
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #93
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,553
YAY! The Gap! One of my favorite rides. What few criusers and fewer cars were more considerate when I rode a couple yrs ago on a Wed morn. They'd just pull over a little and let me by!

Good write up! Got me goin! MH
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #94
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 881
[quote=MotoMamma]What is their malfunction???????

Not really Harley riders. Just those that lack common sense and have attitudes. A common problem that us males have that we need to try to keep in check at times...

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #95
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Off to DC and the Wall

So, a big part of this trip was to get Griz to the Wall. So off we went into the heart of the Nations Capitol. We got a hold of our DC delegate and fellow Pterodactyl member Norm (and Denise) for advice and directions. Our original plan was to head to Norms and ride in a AC controlled environment to town. It was hot, again. When we got to the turn off on the freeway to Norm's, Griz shot by and headed straight to downtown. He let us know later that his bike had to go to the Wall too. No more explanation needed.

So we rolled in behind Griz as backup (like he needs it). We followed the signs and ended up going across a bridge, around a crowded round-about, and back across the bridge. It was crazy. And then Ptero starts yelling at us pretty frantically about something. We pulled into the Lincoln Memorial bus/tourist loading and unloading zone and Ptero says he has a flat! All the way across the bridge twice the round-about - No wonder he was half freaked out.

Well, we parked the bikes in the loading zone and sized things up. Ptero picked up a little nub of a nail. We are in a no parking zone. Tourist everywhere gawking and no Fighter to load them on a bus to get them out of our hair.

Jim, Reid and I set about pluggin the tire while Gina with walked Griz toward the Wall. We knew that this was for Griz and he did not need us for this part of the adventure. Apparently the tourist felt the same 'cause when Griz went in they cleared out. He had the Wall to himself for that moment in time. Eerie, cool, and very heavy...

Old 07-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #96
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Fixed tire?

Not. We plugged the tire, filled it with air and headed to Norms'. The tire was still leaking so we needed his professions help. Okay, we wanted shade, water, and AC. Riding up there was quite the adventure. I was leading this mob and we had to go across the bridge again, round-about, bridge, to 23rd ave. Up 23rd to another round about and off on 23rd again. WTF! There are cars coming toward us! A ONE WAY STREET!!!!

There was a pull through in a hotel right there that we were able to roll into and onto 22nd street. Being first put me out of harms way quickly. The last riders came face to face with the cars, who were very polite about letting them motor out of the way. My bad, boys, we'll try not to do that again.

We made it to Norm's and he was the best host. We ended up trying multiple plugs to no avail and had to pull the tire. Norm had a GS tire (airhead) that was one size smaller (130 instead of 140) at about half life. Metzler Tourance. We broke the bead with Griz's side stand (always heard about that - now I've seen it) and spooned off the old tire and put on the new-old tire. Now Ptero really has a K1100GS. He loves the tire! He is cornering harder than with his street tire!

The day ended up at a hotel and a steak an ale dinner joint. Thanks for all the help Norm and Denise! (We miss you at the rally). Oh, yeah, the demo ride: The HP2 ROCKS! Gotta get one. After I get a real job that pays real money... That's all for now.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #97
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

TR
Old 07-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #98
MotoMamma
Living Life

Oddometer: 1,096
Cool2 Just messin' with ya!

[QUOTE=USBYGS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMamma
What is their malfunction???????

Not really Harley riders. Just those that lack common sense and have attitudes. A common problem that us males have that we need to try to keep in check at times...

Happy Trails

All of us have a thousand wishes. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass.
MotoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:16 AM   #99
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACTOR RIDER
It's not the time.
As good a time as any! WTF you doin?
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:34 AM   #100
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S
As good a time as any! WTF you doin?
Now it's post 100

Griz was hot so the kidnappers to him to the beach.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #101
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Catching up

We are almost to date. After DC we headed up toward Vermont. Ptero was a little worked after his tire episode and we all slowed our pace down. We only make 150 miles that day and spent more time indoors than riding. Lots of ice tea stops. One little bar we spent some time at for food and tea, we ended up playing air hockey and video NASCAR racing. It was all a ploy to avoid the heat outside. Next stop on the way to Quakertown was a Walmart. Time to reload on the little things. And Jim wanted a hair cut. We made sure to give him a hard time about the hair, of course. Never a dull moment, even when we are feeling down and slow due to the heat.

Quakertown had a very wild storm at night. Our bikes were on the lee side of the hotel so they were okay but there were trees and power lines down all over the county. We didn't see any hail but that was bad too.

From there we had to rally hard to get to Vermont and the rally grounds. We rode to some covered bridges, cool old gas station, and right up to Beemerville. Well, most of us made it. Somewhere along the way, Jim and his GPS ended up elsewhere. We were finally able to meet up through the cell phone. He was way in front of us (chasing sport bikes and such). We hit the toll road to Burlington to make time. Griz lost his ticket and was almost run off the road by a sleeping driver. He had a car drift over in his lane and when Griz saw the driver, his head was leaned back on the headrest and his eyes were closed! He honked and the guy jerked up and swerved back into his lane. Crazy. No wonder it is considered Combat Touring!

We never made it to the rally grounds. We holed up at a motel less than 30 miles away. Hot and tired. Needed showers and a bed. Rally update to follow...

Old 07-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #102
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,090
Sleepy Driver

SOOOOO, I'M RIDING ALONG RUNNIN' ABOUT 80, MAYBE 85 IN THE MONFORT LANE PASSING A SEDAN. I'M ABOUT EVEN WITH HIS BACK DOOR WHEN HE KINDA STARTS DRIFTING OVER TO MY LANE. I'M NOW UP TO HIS DOOR WHEN I HIT THE HORNS THINKING I'M JUST IN HIS BLIND SPOT. I LOOK OVER AT HIM TO LET HIM KNOW THAT I'M RATHER DISPLEASED WITH HIS MOVE, ONLY TO FIND HIM SOUND ASLEEP WITH HIS HEAD COMPLETELY BACK OVER THE HEAD REST AND MOUTH OPEN!!! YIKES! THE HORNS I HAVE ARE QUITE LOUD (HUH FITE?) AND HE WAS RATHER STARTLED TO HAVE ME PEERING AT HIM THROUGH HIS WINDOW WHEN I HONKED. WTF??? HE MADE QUITE THE EVASIVE MOVE AS I SMOKED ON BY. I THINK THE "WTF TOUR" WAS APTLY NAMED. WOW DO I HATE THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #103
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
SOOOOO, I'M RIDING ALONG RUNNIN' ABOUT 80, MAYBE 85 IN THE MONFORT LANE PASSING A SEDAN. I'M ABOUT EVEN WITH HIS BACK DOOR WHEN HE KINDA STARTS DRIFTING OVER TO MY LANE. I'M NOW UP TO HIS DOOR WHEN I HIT THE HORNS THINKING I'M JUST IN HIS BLIND SPOT. I LOOK OVER AT HIM TO LET HIM KNOW THAT I'M RATHER DISPLEASED WITH HIS MOVE, ONLY TO FIND HIM SOUND ASLEEP WITH HIS HEAD COMPLETELY BACK OVER THE HEAD REST AND MOUTH OPEN!!! YIKES! THE HORNS I HAVE ARE QUITE LOUD (HUH FITE?) AND HE WAS RATHER STARTLED TO HAVE ME PEERING AT HIM THROUGH HIS WINDOW WHEN I HONKED. WTF??? HE MADE QUITE THE EVASIVE MOVE AS I SMOKED ON BY. I THINK THE "WTF TOUR" WAS APTLY NAMED. WOW DO I HATE THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy F*ck, Get your ass back to Spearfish where your safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TR
Old 07-24-2006, 05:07 AM   #104
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Rally stories

We rolled into the rally at 8 am on Thursday along with everyone else. No kidding, there was probably close to 1000 bikes in there btw 8-10 am. The "Gang" got into the line for registration and I, dressed in my finest Team shirt (safety green in color) rode in a semi secured gate to recon and secure the perimeter. The grounds were very large and there were already few good campsites left. They only let people in before Thursday at 9 AM if you were a volunteer. There must have been thousands of them already set up.

As it happens, there was one piece of prime real estate that I secured with bike placement, a piece of rope, and a some gear. I then proceeded back to the "line" to report in. On the way I spied a picnic table that was not claimed. It was probably over 250lbs and way away from the camp areas. We registered, everyone went in search of the homestead and I went to stay by the table to stake my claim on it. On my way over to it I ran into Heli from Remus (MaxMoto). This guy knows his stuff on pipes and used to ride with Jimmy Lewis. He is the one in the 1150GS pict that BMW put out jumping into the creek and riding in the creek (with the logo about how we wash them).

So, I bring him into the story because as I was sitting on that heavy table waiting for help to move it (it would take all 4 and then some) I noticed all the vendors hauling stuff in. On Dolly's. I go to Heli and ask about borrowing one and sure enough he's got one. So, as the crew is setting up tents, I roll into the site with a big table balanced on this dolly. Oh, the envy in the eyes and comments of the other campers.

Next, Ptero and I run to Wally world for supplies. We get a cooler (50qt) and stuff. I strap the cooler on and head to Costco. What a sight. At Costco I get a case of beer and other supplies (ice and big tarp). I get into lots of conversations with locals as I load the cooler and supplies on the bike.

Back at camp we have secured a spot that has fence on three sides and some trees. Our tarp, 32'x40' (two 16'x20), is strung up btw the three sided of the fence and we have shade and shelter. Sweet! Other ralliers are quite jealous. Lots of great comments on the set up.

Off to the vendors! We'll talk bling next time!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:47 AM   #105
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
--Oh, the envy in the eyes and comments of the other campers. --Other ralliers are quite jealous. Lots of great comments on the set up. (Muttering as they walked off, 'damn thievin
squatters.')

Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote