User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #2536
Caprilian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
21 inch conversion ESA and pressure monitored 1200GS

Any experience with 21 inch conversion on ESA and tyre pressure monitored 1200GS?

A friend recently did the conversion on his non ESA GS- comparing it with my bike (ESA), there seems to be less space between wheel and shock as result of ?sensor/pressure valve on ESA system.

He has the tubeless option 21"- the well of the rim appears too narrow to allow the fitment of the Tyre Pressure Monitor (standard on my bike). Have you encountered this scenario? Could just ignore the flashing dash light but not ideal.

Thanx for any feedback.
Caprilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #2537
DIRT2THE STREETS
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Wheel fit

Hiya Woody,
First time long time! Will wheels from a 2002 ktm sx fit a 2007 ktm 525 exc? I appreciate the help !
DIRT2THE STREETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #2538
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,346
R1200GS with 21'' wheel!!

We haven't heard any issues with it yet, I'm sure the mud can build up around there pretty easy though without a guard.

We can't get the sensor's in the 21'' rims because they are too narrow to fit in the drop center.

I am sure it doesn't mess with the computer's with them off, I have our abs ring removed on our 05 R1200GS with tubed 21/18 wheels and actually like it much better than not having it stop you off-road.

Thanks Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprilian View Post
Any experience with 21 inch conversion on ESA and tyre pressure monitored 1200GS?

A friend recently did the conversion on his non ESA GS- comparing it with my bike (ESA), there seems to be less space between wheel and shock as result of ?sensor/pressure valve on ESA system.

He has the tubeless option 21"- the well of the rim appears too narrow to allow the fitment of the Tyre Pressure Monitor (standard on my bike). Have you encountered this scenario? Could just ignore the flashing dash light but not ideal.

Thanx for any feedback.
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #2539
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

KTM Wheels interchangeable?

The front hub for the 2002 will not work on the 2007 they used a smaller inside bore and cant fit the 26 mm bearings in the hub.

The rear should fit no problem.

If these are aftermarket talon or Rad hubs you can change the spacers to make them work, but would need to know what hub they are.

thanks zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT2THE STREETS View Post
Hiya Woody,
First time long time! Will wheels from a 2002 ktm sx fit a 2007 ktm 525 exc? I appreciate the help !
Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #2540
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
the LC-4s have narrower rims and hubs than the LC-8 series,,,i assume ya have an LC-8 series bike,,,,,
FYI,,cush-drive hubs interchange with non cush drive hubs on all the single cylinder dirt bike series
Not all single cylinder wheels interchange, the 690 rear hubs are wider than the older LC4 and <530 bikes. But not wide enough to fit on the LC8....

Quote:
The front hub for the 2002 will not work on the 2007 they used a smaller inside bore and cant fit the 26 mm bearings in the hub.

The rear should fit no problem.

If these are aftermarket talon or Rad hubs you can change the spacers to make them work, but would need to know what hub they are.

thanks zach
You could also get a $25 adapter kit from KTM that allows you to fit a 20mm axle and wheel into your 26mm axle forks. It contains two split bushings and one wheel spacer.

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #2541
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Talking fine tuning what works on LC-4hub/wheel swaps,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Not all single cylinder wheels interchange, the 690 rear hubs are wider than the older LC4 and <530 bikes. But not wide enough to fit on the LC8....

You could also get a $25 adapter kit from KTM that allows you to fit a 20mm axle and wheel into your 26mm axle forks. It contains two split bushings and one wheel spacer.

Chao ong LukasM,,,fromSaigon,,,,

check with Zach,,,but i'm positive the hub wheel assy on the 690 is identical to all the others,,'cept it sports a wider spacer on one side,,we got snookered on that once before,,'tis a simple spacer swap,,Zach will remember better than i can these days

good call on the kit,,,my memory sez we found another solution,,,whatever,,,those early hubs were all replaced with beefier ones ,,not to mention the billets i designed and had RAD build me...

woody
Old 07-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #2542
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Chao ong LukasM,,,fromSaigon,,,,

check with Zach,,,but i'm positive the hub wheel assy on the 690 is identical to all the others,,'cept it sports a wider spacer on one side,,we got snookered on that once before,,'tis a simple spacer swap,,Zach will remember better than i can these days

good call on the kit,,,my memory sez we found another solution,,,whatever,,,those early hubs were all replaced with beefier ones ,,not to mention the billets i designed and had RAD build me...

woody

Hi Woody,

I haven't actually measured them myself but I am 99% sure that the 690 hubs are wider. Not that this necessarily proves anything, but they do have a different part number and Rally Raid Products even offers a specific kit with a disc spacer to get the width the same when using a (narrower) 640 hub wheel in the 690.

Billet aluminium Adaptor Kit to allow the use of older LC4 rear wheel in the KTM 690 Enduro.Uses KTM 690 Sprocket Carrier and rubbers.

I have both 640 and 690 cush hub wheels at home so I'll get some measurements to confirm tonight.

Cheers,
Lukas

PS: Have a good time in HCMC, I spent a few months there a few years ago after a diving accident, first stuck in the hospital and then grounded until I was cleared to fly. Fun times!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #2543
DIRT2THE STREETS
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb KTM Wheels interchangeable?

"You could also get a $25 adapter kit from KTM that allows you to fit a 20mm axle and wheel into your 26mm axle forks. It contains two split bushings and one wheel spacer. "

You guys rock ! You wouldnt happen to know the part # I would need? Again I appreciate the help.
DIRT2THE STREETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #2544
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT2THE STREETS View Post
"You could also get a $25 adapter kit from KTM that allows you to fit a 20mm axle and wheel into your 26mm axle forks. It contains two split bushings and one wheel spacer. "

You guys rock ! You wouldnt happen to know the part # I would need? Again I appreciate the help.
SXS03540400.

Don't forgot to get a cheap used 20mm axle with the wheels.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #2545
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

awesome lukasM,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Hi Woody,

I haven't actually measured them myself but I am 99% sure that the 690 hubs are wider. Not that this necessarily proves anything, but they do have a different part number and Rally Raid Products even offers a specific kit with a disc spacer to get the width the same when using a (narrower) 640 hub wheel in the 690.

Billet aluminium Adaptor Kit to allow the use of older LC4 rear wheel in the KTM 690 Enduro.Uses KTM 690 Sprocket Carrier and rubbers.

I have both 640 and 690 cush hub wheels at home so I'll get some measurements to confirm tonight.

Cheers,
Lukas

PS: Have a good time in HCMC, I spent a few months there a few years ago after a diving accident, first stuck in the hospital and then grounded until I was cleared to fly. Fun times!

LukasM
look i'll pass this and front 20mmaxle to 26mm coversion kit to Zach and the other young bucks doing the day to day stuff ,,,leaving me more time to R&D stuff for you guys,,,answer all ,,well at least what i do know

yeah,,Saigon is ahoot,,,especially driving through traffic,,,l

here' a ba muoi ba (33) beer to you n the troopies
ong woody
o Saigon
Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #2546
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Oddometer: 226
Question about Excel Rims

Has anyone had a set of Excel rims made up by Woody that had the over SS nipples and spokes?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous main- stream media which holds forth the proposition that it isentirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
kkesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #2547
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Has anyone had a wheel made up by Woody with the oversized SS nipples and spokes?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous main- stream media which holds forth the proposition that it isentirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #2548
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Anyone have an Excel rim made up by Woody with oversized SS nipples and spokes?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #2549
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Anyone have an Excel wheel made up by Woody with oversized SS nipples and spokes?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #2550
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Not sure if these are over...... Got what they recommended....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=759024&page=4

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote