Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #2896
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,326
GS double disc front hub to single disc HP-2 conversion..$$$,,,???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunSolo View Post
Hey Woody and Zach,

My son and I have HP2 enduros. You built me a 19" front that I like a lot. I'm planning on giving a 19"-17" GSA wheel set to my son for his bike. Do you still turn the front GSA hubs to remove the second set of brake disc mounts? If so, is that still a hundred dollar bill?

Thanks
Still,,same price,,,that's with the wheel disassembled unfortunately...tubeless X-lace wheel /rim R&R / relace and true usually runs circa $180 if you are lucky and up to $230 if the spokes/nipples are all frozen up. You could totally dismantle and clean the components squeaky clean ..then i'll only charge $150 for a x-lace n true....a good investment because we do what it takes to keep your true stay true much longer....have done hundreds with no come-backs

holler when you are ready.

OBTW,,,don't know what year GSA ya have recent ones sport the nice black anodizing,,earlier ones have the problematic fading purple...for $75ea we can strip an dre-anodize most any color,,,FYI: silver/clear and satin black are the most durable color wise.

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #2897
HunSolo
Mad Monk

Oddometer: 381
GSA double disc front to single disc HP2 conversion

I will call Rochelle and send the wheel to you, along with (2) HP2 sidestands for your adjustable length mod.

I find that your Superlace wheels make such a difference in rigidity that I have given up running anything else on my GS, GSA and HP2's. What is the upcharge to Superlace this stock GSA 19" wheel?

You built a beautiful set of wheels for Warthog/Alan with a 320mm wave rotor on your Superlite hub. Got that rotor for the BMW hub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
Still,,same price,,,that's with the wheel disassembled unfortunately...tubeless X-lace wheel /rim R&R / relace and true usually runs circa $180 if you are lucky and up to $230 if the spokes/nipples are all frozen up. You could totally dismantle and clean the components squeaky clean ..then i'll only charge $150 for a x-lace n true....a good investment because we do what it takes to keep your true stay true much longer....have done hundreds with no come-backs

holler when you are ready.

OBTW,,,don't know what year GSA ya have recent ones sport the nice black anodizing,,earlier ones have the problematic fading purple...for $75ea we can strip an dre-anodize most any color,,,FYI: silver/clear and satin black are the most durable color wise.

woody
HunSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #2898
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

price tag for upgrading to SUPERLACE N true for BMW X-laced wheels...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunSolo View Post
I will call Rochelle and send the wheel to you, along with (2) HP2 sidestands for your adjustable length mod.

I find that your Superlace wheels make such a difference in rigidity that I have given up running anything else on my GS, GSA and HP2's. What is the upcharge to Superlace this stock GSA 19" wheel?

You built a beautiful set of wheels for Warthog/Alan with a 320mm wave rotor on your Superlite hub. Got that rotor for the BMW hub?
HunSolo,,,,whenever ya take a wheel apart especially the X-laced wheels is when ya want to upgrade/re-anodize/Superlace etc...

so in your case building the strongest X-laced Superlaced will rub ya an extra $20 labor for re-drilling the rim to accept the beefier SS spokes...
the custom SS spoke with our trick SS nipple kit runs circa $250.....

From what Zach just told me...they are $30 more than the most recent BMW price adjustment of circa $230 for their ss skinnier spokes and powder-coated nipples. ...OBTW our SS nipples are longer so ya won't see any threads where the nipples meet the spokes...and they'll never rust/corrode like the OEM ones constantly do..Hence they are a great investment IMHO

thanks for the kudos,,,
Tell me your and your kid's T-shirt size,,,Santa is on his way
woody
Old 11-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #2899
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,870
Woody - Are you going to be around Saturday at the store or will somebody? I forgot to call today and set up a time tomorrow to pick up a wheel you guys did for me . I am coming down from Ft. Collins around 10 - 11 am. Let me know if I can stop by. Thanks - Mike Mosiman
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #2900
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

just holler and we'll take care of ya....time after time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmahman View Post
Woody - Are you going to be around Saturday at the store or will somebody? I forgot to call today and set up a time tomorrow to pick up a wheel you guys did for me . I am coming down from Ft. Collins around 10 - 11 am. Let me know if I can stop by. Thanks - Mike Mosiman
hi mike
no problem,,,just call me on my cell 303-550-9416 when ya get near, [ i live at 2201 s platte river dr,,in the house to the east of my new building] an working/doing home improvements on my property
see ya ,,woody
Old 11-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #2901
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

woody's thanks giving tribute to my fellow inmates....

a day late ,,yet not forgotten were ALL of you inmates that have done business with me,,,have been part of the Q n A threads like this one,,i raised many a glass in your honor with appreciation ....you've been part of the best memories i've collected in recent time....

just so ya know,,,i've been sewing seeds ,,ie dreams i want to still REALize in the days i have left....will give ya sneak preview in this post: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....17&postcount=2

however ,right now i want all of you to know that i've built a watering hole for you,,,,10,000 square feet of camping ground on my premises...replete with state of the art shower/bathroom ,,washer n dryer...FREE to our customers /ADV inmates ( love offerings accepted if you'e just too happy n satisfied ).....we're working on what nominal fees to charge other motorheads passing through...Your input is greatly appreciated...

i'll let the administrators put this info in some special thread they have .

on the same subject,,,i have an 80 acre farm in southern Vermont that is so stunningly beautiful and peace full,,,that i've offered on numerous occassions to you inmates...several of you have availed yourself of this honor system offer....FYI: my neighbor called afew weeks ago and urged me to return for a peek look,,,Hurricane Cindy and Albert dumped huge quanities of water in my neck of the woods causing billions in damage...my place was spared sort off...my inspection revealed major damage to different parts of my land caused by plugged culverts....my mom used to live there and keep an eye on things,,,,i'm thinking of having some kindred spirit who's handy at carpentry and general maintenance keep an eye on the place ,,,possibly even build himself a room in the place...my dad essentially buildt a home inside an old barn...PM me if ya know of someone //or are interested.

gotta run,,,just want to tellshare howmuch my gang n i appreciate ALL of you

woody
Old 11-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2902
scibeer
Lost

Oddometer: 889
Hey guys, anymore feedback on the 21" setup for the 2013 GS LC? Do you have any of these out in the field yet besides the set you posted earlier?
Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #2903
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

21'' for 2013GSLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scibeer View Post
Hey guys, anymore feedback on the 21" setup for the 2013 GS LC? Do you have any of these out in the field yet besides the set you posted earlier?
hi scibeer,,,,
we've got the whole deal figured out,,,have enough components to build a dozen more....i believe there are perhaps 6 sets out there,,,have heard nothing but good things similar to most all the 21'' conversions we've done over the years for the GSs...

d you have any specific questions that i can help with??? perhaps ya need to try a pair out yourself????

holler

woody
Old 12-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #2904
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
1995 Triumph Tiger

What are my best options for upgrading the stock spoked wheels on this bike? I want to ride it on street and dirt both, with lots of miles per year. Would prefer low maintenance and no tubes if possible for easier dealing with flat tires. Thanks!
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #2905
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,247
Ktm 1190 adv

I just totaled my 2007 KTM 990 ADV down here in Mexico. Destroyed one of the front legs, but your wheel appears to be fine! You built it for me about five months ago.

I am looking at the new KTM 1190 Adventures and wondering, while I am aware of the advantages of the 21" wheel vs the 19" wheel in many circumstances. As supplied by KTM, which would take the biggest hit in a pot hole or speed bump without bent or damaged? The 19 on the Adventure of the 21 on the Adventure R? Thanks!

Donnie

dwj - Donnie screwed with this post 12-08-2013 at 05:01 PM
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #2906
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,562
Hi Woody.

I have a 2014 KTM 350 EXC. I'm picking up a 640 Enduro cush hub to lace to a new KTM 18 inch rim. Do I just use the standard 640 spokes to lace it?

Thanks a million

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #2907
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Triumph Tiger wheel's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
What are my best options for upgrading the stock spoked wheels on this bike? I want to ride it on street and dirt both, with lots of miles per year. Would prefer low maintenance and no tubes if possible for easier dealing with flat tires. Thanks!
Hi,

We would recommend lacing a 19 x 2.5 front and 17 x 3.5 or 4.25 Excel rim, with our superlace using heavy duty stainless steel spokes/nipples and seal for tubeless with your hub's. This would be the strongest setup you can get using your stock hub's and still being tubeless. Excel rim's are the strongest rim's we can use and with our superlace are a very bulletproof wheel.

If you sent your hub's it would be from $1,186- 1,226 + shipping for the two rim's, spoke kit's, superlace/true and sealing for tubeless.

If you would like to get these wheel's in order it's best to email us at woodyswheelworks@gmail.com

Thanks Zach
Old 12-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #2908
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Wheel size's and strength!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
I just totaled my 2007 KTM 990 ADV down here in Mexico. Destroyed one of the front legs, but your wheel appears to be fine! You built it for me about five months ago.

I am looking at the new KTM 1190 Adventures and wondering, while I am aware of the advantages of the 21" wheel vs the 19" wheel in many circumstances. As supplied by KTM, which would take the biggest hit in a pot hole or speed bump without bent or damaged? The 19 on the Adventure of the 21 on the Adventure R? Thanks!

Donnie

Hi,

Great to hear you are ok and the wheel at least survived, bummer about your bike.

If you are going off-road more the 21'' will always be stronger even with oem wheel's. The only issue is the the oem 21'' is a 2.15 wide rim and is still easier to bend than the 21 x 1.85 rim's. The other thing is keeping the tire pressure up on the wheel to avoid more issues.

Thanks Zach
Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #2909
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Cush hub lacing with KTM rim!

!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudrunner82 View Post
Hi Woody.

I have a 2014 KTM 350 EXC. I'm picking up a 640 Enduro cush hub to lace to a new KTM 18 inch rim. Do I just use the standard 640 spokes to lace it?

Thanks a million
Hi,

Unfortunately the oem KTM rim won't lace up with the stock 640 hub and spokes. It will require drilling/countersinking of the rim and new custom length spokes.

The oem KTM rim doesn't have the proper angles for the cush hub and the spokes are wrong all around. If you were to get the oem 2.5 x 18 640 hub and spokes it would lace right up.

We can supply a spoke kit for 128 and lace/true would be 111 + shipping.

Thanks Zach
Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #2910
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
Hi,

Great to hear you are ok and the wheel at least survived, bummer about your bike.

If you are going off-road more the 21'' will always be stronger even with oem wheel's. The only issue is the the oem 21'' is a 2.15 wide rim and is still easier to bend than the 21 x 1.85 rim's. The other thing is keeping the tire pressure up on the wheel to avoid more issues.

Thanks Zach
For the most part, I will not be going off road. However there are millions of large pot holes and speed bumps down here in Mexico which is why I was asking which of the KTM 1190 Adventure stock wheels would be less likely to bend, the 19" or the 21"? Thanks!

Donnie

dwj - Donnie screwed with this post 12-09-2013 at 03:50 PM
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote