Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #2911
scudrunner82
clean chain therapy

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
!

Hi,

Unfortunately the oem KTM rim won't lace up with the stock 640 hub and spokes. It will require drilling/countersinking of the rim and new custom length spokes.

The oem KTM rim doesn't have the proper angles for the cush hub and the spokes are wrong all around. If you were to get the oem 2.5 x 18 640 hub and spokes it would lace right up.

We can supply a spoke kit for 128 and lace/true would be 111 + shipping.

Thanks Zach

Exactly the answer I needed. Looks like I'll be giving you a call to order some spokes soon.
Thanks!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #2912
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,981
Just ordered heavy duty spokes and an 18x2.5 Excel to mount to my HD hub. I will post pics when I get everything laced up. Thank you Zach for all the help, you guys rock !!

Dave
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #2913
brakedw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Any good options to replace the 2013 f700gs cast wheels,I'm considering switching to spoked wheels and using tubes, as well as a more 50/50 tire
Thank you
brakedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #2914
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,298
F700gs swap cast wheels for wires???

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedw View Post
Any good options to replace the 2013 f700gs cast wheels,I'm considering switching to spoked wheels and using tubes, as well as a more 50/50 tire
Thank you
i'm in Tokyo,,,call Zach at the shop and he:ll supply an answer,,perhaps he can chime in too,,,

earth to Zach,,,earth to Zach ,,over
sayonara
woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #2915
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

BMW F700GS spoked wheel options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedw View Post
Thank you

Hi,

We can build a set of tube type wheel's using billet hub's, which the rear uses a KTM 990 ADV rear sprocket carrier and sprocket, excel 2.5 x 19, 17 x 3.5 silver excel rim's, superlaced with heavy duty stainless steel spokes/nipples. It would be $1,892 + shipping for a set including the KTM sprocket and hardware.

The hub's do re-use the oem rotor's and sensor ring's too.

IF you do want the wheel's sealed for tubeless tire's, it would only be an extra 198 for both wheel's to seal them up using our sealing process.

Email us if you would like to order anything or have any other questions.
woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
Thanks Zach
Old 12-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #2916
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,981
Got it laced up tonight. Thanks again Zach and Woody.

Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #2917
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Harley Davidson wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
Got it laced up tonight. Thanks again Zach and Woody.

Hi,

Look's like it's ready to tackle any terrain now. Give us some update's on your project.

Thanks Zach and everyone here says Merry Xmas to all.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #2918
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Fellow inmat needs HP-2 final drive,,his bike is stuck in Bennett, Texas!!!!

Just back from Japan,,,,major jet-lag after 8 eastward time zone changes and 10 hours in the air....I remember I promised a fellow inmate I'd put out the word ...he's in dire need of a final drive unit for his HP-2....

Here's my post from the HP-2 thread....

"Folks,,,just got an e-mail from fellow inmate Mike Folley...he owns Striking Vikings ol yellow beast...it's stranded inBennet Texas with major debris in final drive from blown drive shaft bearing...

Holler if ya can help etc,,,he sent me a bunch of pics and I can assure it looks like a genuine mess in there
Gotta pack...soon ,,,,Sayonara"

Woody

Please,holler if there's a better place to post this on the forum.....
Old 12-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #2919
Simple.
I'm Special

Oddometer: 517
Im trying to solve a little dilemma here..... I ordered this rim (DID dirtstar dimpled 36H) part no. 21X185E6B01T. I'm finding numerous online stores that say this is direct swap rim for an '07 ktm 990. Well it's definitely not. 1 side laced up perfect with original spokes, the other.... not so much. The dimple holes in the rim are pointing in the wrong direction. What are my options? Can I just buy new spokes (18 stock oems for the x2, and 18 different spokes for the other side for the x3?) Essentially just 18 new spokes for the x3 side, but id rather just start with all fresh ones. Or am I missing something else here, like redrilling of the rim etc? I'd return the rim to the vendor, but since its sitting in my garage half laced up I doubt they would take it back.

Jon
Simple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #2920
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 905
Hi Woody, (If you are the outfit in Denver!)
I had a flat many years ago outside of Denver (Summer 2001 I think) riding a Red and black Honda Shadow ACE. I got a tow in to your wonderful shop, and after a tour you got me back on the road in no time for a minimal amount of cash on a Sunday nonetheless. I just want to say thank you! Thanks to your excellent work I was able to make it home on that tire, I couldn't afford a new one and you even offered me tent space to boot. I haven't forgotten you and my sticker is affixed to my airplane luggage to this day, I'd wish I had put it on my bike. So this summer I'll stop by and visit on my FJR to get one. You were working on a Moto idea for a veteran who had lost his legs in battle and you had told me all about your cool designs for Bill Clinton's cane and downhill skiing chairs (I'm a little fuzzy on the details.) I hope you're doing well. Many good thoughts and praises for your work. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You guys rock!

Sun Ray

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #2921
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

European indexed hub clashes with Jap indexed rim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
Im trying to solve a little dilemma here..... I ordered this rim (DID dirtstar dimpled 36H) part no. 21X185E6B01T. I'm finding numerous online stores that say this is direct swap rim for an '07 ktm 990. Well it's definitely not. 1 side laced up perfect with original spokes, the other.... not so much. The dimple holes in the rim are pointing in the wrong direction. What are my options? Can I just buy new spokes (18 stock oems for the x2, and 18 different spokes for the other side for the x3?) Essentially just 18 new spokes for the x3 side, but id rather just start with all fresh ones. Or am I missing something else here, like redrilling of the rim etc? I'd return the rim to the vendor, but since its sitting in my garage half laced up I doubt they would take it back.

Jon
Hi Jon ,,,you're caught between a rock n a hard place.....we usually resolve your problem by adding an extra x on the disc side ie from OEM X2 to our Superlace X3 pattern....that also involves re-drilling/countersinking to compensate for the new angle on the one side.

Looks like you were planning on lacing n Truing your self,,,so I don't know if you can perform the corrective surgery?????

Call the shop ask for Zach,,,he'll get ya going...if we Superlace it for you it'll be $111 for labor and circa $60 for half a ss spoke kit. A lil less if we recycle your nipples. Or circa $125 for the new beefy ss n ss spokes n nipples...when done this way we warranty the Superlace for a year against coming apart...IMHO the best $$$ you can spend for your situation....

Low budget solution = sending in rim and we'll do all the prep work for $30 plus whatever the parts ya need plus return S&H .

Fret not,,,it's solvable,,blue-printing/your rim will aid in the spokes not loosening
Holler,
Woody
Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #2922
Simple.
I'm Special

Oddometer: 517
Thanks Woody! I think I will send you guys my rim to have it redrilled and countersunk then I'll purchase a set (36) of those heavy duty spokes and nipples to superlace it myself. Looks like your closed until the 2nd of January... no worries, you guys have a great New Years and we'll chat about sending my rim in on the 2nd. Take care, and happy holidays!

Jon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Simple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #2923
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

send in that wrongly indexed rim for correcetive action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
Thanks Woody! I think I will send you guys my rim to have it redrilled and countersunk then I'll purchase a set (36) of those heavy duty spokes and nipples to superlace it myself. Looks like your closed until the 2nd of January... no worries, you guys have a great New Years and we'll chat about sending my rim in on the 2nd. Take care, and happy holidays!

Jon

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
hi Jon,,,smart decision...Zach is over there now,,we've got too much stuff going on ,,so though officially closed to the second ,,most of the my elves /troopies are over there hustling away... when ya send in the rim just tell us for what year bike/brand it's for
happy rest of the holidays
and thanks for your biz
woody
Old 12-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #2924
scudrunner82
clean chain therapy

Oddometer: 1,116
Just wanted to say thanks for the great service from Woodys. Zach took plenty of time with me on the phone to make sure I got everything I needed for my KTM cush project for my 350EXC.

The old 620 wheel-

[IMG][/IMG]

Cutting out the seized spokes-

[IMG][/IMG]

Cleaned up the hub and started lacing my first wheel-

[IMG][/IMG]

Homemade truing stand worked like a charm-

[IMG][/IMG]

Done!-

[IMG][/IMG]

Laced right up and was almost perfectly true with very little tweaking!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #2925
scibeer
Lost

Oddometer: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
hi scibeer,,,,
we've got the whole deal figured out,,,have enough components to build a dozen more....i believe there are perhaps 6 sets out there,,,have heard nothing but good things similar to most all the 21'' conversions we've done over the years for the GSs...

d you have any specific questions that i can help with??? perhaps ya need to try a pair out yourself????

holler

woody
Hmm, specific questions. Sure, how do I get a set for half price?

I would like to try a set out so I'll give y'all a call or pm and discuss the options and pricing. Tried to destroy my stockers today, but no luck. It will be easier to get this past my better half if I actually NEED a new set. Will work on that tomorrow.

What have you figured out for the mudguard? Do you have a relocation setup like you do for the old 1200 or do you just run without it. I haven't seen any after market fork brace yet for the GSW like the ralle-moto.