Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #601
USMCG_Spyder
RPOC pilot

Oddometer: 5,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
Yeah, that front rim is chrome (it's from a Patrol) but the other 3 are OD. I folded my original up 4 days after I got the bike so this one is a battle-spare I got from a foilhead over at Soviet Steeds. As soon as my new one comes from Ural I'll remove this one, sand it and slap some OD on it. I find it to be minor distraction and am not willing to stop riding the bike long enough to do the job right, so there it is

The ones I sent to you do not need to be pretty (although I did pressure- wash them for you), they need to be Marine Corps TOUGH

Regarding Combat Training, that picture is a light roll in the hay compared to what it looked like 24 hours after I got it:

USMCG_Spyder screwed with this post 12-20-2007 at 05:57 PM
USMCG_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #602
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Story about Woody in January Rider Magazine!
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #603
USMCG_Spyder
RPOC pilot

Oddometer: 5,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash
Story about Woody in January Rider Magazine!
Get to typin'/scannin' !

USMCG_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #604
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCG_Spyder
Get to typin'/scannin' !

Sorry don't have but maybe someone else does.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #605
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 763
KTM 640 wheels

Hi Woody, will the front wheel from a 2002 640 (single disk , smaller axle?)
fit a 2006 640 Adventure? Could I just swap bearings and use my stock front axle?
Thanks, Nick
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:32 AM   #606
gentlemanjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Question Rims and lacing service

If I send you my 36 soke hubs can you lace them on and supply 3.0" and 4.0 " rims? How much and what rims are available?

Thanks,

Jim
gentlemanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #607
ChipnKaren
Chip

Oddometer: 47
GS1200 Adventure

Woody,

Looking into getting a second set of rims and tires for my 07 GSA. I do a lot of road and some dirt and am concidering a second rim so I don't have to keep taking the torances off and putting them back on the rim. Do you supply rims and tires as well. If so I would concider buying a package from you with the larger spokes. If not I could purchase it elsewhere and ship it to you.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #608
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,328
640 front hubs...what a headache

Nick-
How small is your front hub? Does it have a Speedo?

They had 4 different hubs around this time. A 17mm small cast hub(speedo), a 20mm small cast hub(speedo), a 20mm larger cast hub(speedo), and a 20mm larger cast hub without speedo(similar to all of the 250-525 KTM front hubs. I believe only this last hub could just be swapped out with the front bearings and spacer's on your 06 640(this hub is identical to the 950/990 front hubs)

I would not recommend such a conversion on the 950/990's because they are a much bigger bike. If you want to go single disc, then you should buy one of our billet hubs or adapt a 950 SuperEnduro hub(just swap the external spacer's out).

Thanks,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfranco
Hi Woody, will the front wheel from a 2002 640 (single disk , smaller axle?)
fit a 2006 640 Adventure? Could I just swap bearings and use my stock front axle?
Thanks, Nick
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #609
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

not a problem

Jim-

We can do this for you. We'll need to know the diameter's of the rims and have a few other questions. Just contact us at the number below or via e-mail at: woodyswheelworks@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanjim
If I send you my 36 soke hubs can you lace them on and supply 3.0" and 4.0 " rims? How much and what rims are available?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #610
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

GSA Wheels

We can build you another wheel(set) and/or provide a new set. Just need to know what size you want it in, whether you want it to be tubeless, and whether you want new or used. You can contact us at the phone number below or via e-mail at: woodyswheelworks@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnKaren
Woody,

Looking into getting a second set of rims and tires for my 07 GSA. I do a lot of road and some dirt and am concidering a second rim so I don't have to keep taking the torances off and putting them back on the rim. Do you supply rims and tires as well. If so I would concider buying a package from you with the larger spokes. If not I could purchase it elsewhere and ship it to you.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #611
GESII
Gerry with a G

Oddometer: 105
Woody, I am interested in doing a 21 inch wheel conversion on my '07 1200 GSA. Should the rear be converted to 18 inch? Are there any problems with the ABS functioning properly? Any other modifications required?

Thanks!

Gerry
GESII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #612
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 763
aarg

Thank you, nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
Nick-
How small is your front hub? Does it have a Speedo?

They had 4 different hubs around this time. A 17mm small cast hub(speedo), a 20mm small cast hub(speedo), a 20mm larger cast hub(speedo), and a 20mm larger cast hub without speedo(similar to all of the 250-525 KTM front hubs. I believe only this last hub could just be swapped out with the front bearings and spacer's on your 06 640(this hub is identical to the 950/990 front hubs)

I would not recommend such a conversion on the 950/990's because they are a much bigger bike. If you want to go single disc, then you should buy one of our billet hubs or adapt a 950 SuperEnduro hub(just swap the external spacer's out).

Thanks,
Chris
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #613
JV
What?

Oddometer: 582
Woody,
I've got a spare complete front wheel for my KLR650 and I also bought a used D.I.D. 2.15x18 rim that is in fairly good shape. I've removed the old hub, spokes and nipples off the D.I.D. rim. If I send you the complete KLR wheel and the rim can you get it laced and trued up for me. I'll leave the KLR wheel complete so you can get the offsets. I've got 32 spokes and 34 nipples that I'll send with them, they seem to be in good condition, your call. Don't know if you can use any of them or just swap me out for some others. I am a KLR owner you know. I can call or email you if needed. Thanks, JV

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #614
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

21'' for R1200 GSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GESII
Woody, I am interested in doing a 21 inch wheel conversion on my '07 1200 GSA. Should the rear be converted to 18 inch? Are there any problems with the ABS functioning properly? Any other modifications required?

Thanks!

Gerry
the swap is straightforward,,just remove the lower fender,,,and install the wheel,,,,it has not affected any of the abs functions,,,i have a R1200GS and tried 17''supermoto as well as the 21'' wheels ,,,,abs worked just fine....

the rear is not necessary to convert to 18'' unless you are doing serious hardcore dirt riding,,,you would have a larger selection of dirt tires that work is the main reason for converting

we can build you a matching set of wheels even the the oem x-laced tubeless variety,,,callus toll freee and check all the options,,,,

woody
Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #615
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

send us what ya have and we'll get ya to where you want to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Woody,
I've got a spare complete front wheel for my KLR650 and I also bought a used D.I.D. 2.15x18 rim that is in fairly good shape. I've removed the old hub, spokes and nipples off the D.I.D. rim. If I send you the complete KLR wheel and the rim can you get it laced and trued up for me. I'll leave the KLR wheel complete so you can get the offsets. I've got 32 spokes and 34 nipples that I'll send with them, they seem to be in good condition, your call. Don't know if you can use any of them or just swap me out for some others. I am a KLR owner you know. I can call or email you if needed. Thanks, JV
send it all,,we'll give ya some credit ,,all we need to know is do ya want a low budget approach or a better one,,,we'll get ya the biggest bang for your dollar,,,,

FYI,,,just did a super nifty set of wheels ,,,the fellow wanted low $$$$,,so i mentioned he could save a few bucks by going to Zartan/zinc coated nipples versus an extra $20 if we used ss nipples....told him the advantages of going ss in salty environments,,,his need to play in the ocean got the zartan to start rusting by the time he got home,,,''i should have listened to ya'' is what i don't want to hear,,,,now he wants the ss nipples and will be in it for an extra un-lace and re-lace,,,,,,let's do the homework first...