ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #76
666
Agnostic and Orange
 
666's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 1,312
KTM wheels are great. But how about my Weestrom request? Those cast wheels so freaken heavy.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:57 AM   #77
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
v-strom,wheels,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
KTM wheels are great. But how about my Weestrom request? Those cast wheels so freaken heavy.
folks ,,,help me help you,,,i need a complete front wheel discs mounted with axle and spacers so that i can create a new wheel for you,,,i simply do not have the resources to go looking for this stuff,,

but once i have one in my hand i can get the measurements,,,

OR ,,,you can send me blueprints/accurate sketches that relay the same info

then i'll be in aposition to help you,,,please pass this on tother project bike builders
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #78
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
send in the wheels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautbikeman
Could you relace an Africa Twin set of wheels with stronger spokes? Anodize them while you have them?

Would the turnaround time still only be a few days? I'm concerned it would take longer since this bike is not available here in the US?
i need your wheels ,,and i'll guarantee that once i see it i'll come up with a game plan for building you a better wheel,,,if we have components in stock it'll be less than a week if not add aweek or two for components to arrive,,some of these projects end up being new and one off ,,be patient because you'll appreciate the results
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #79
666
Agnostic and Orange
 
666's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 1,312
If I was in Colorado I would take my wee's wheels off and deliver to you.
I can make Solid Works models/drawings if it helps.
There is lot's of weestroms out there.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #80
buffallodan
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707
Woody,
To be brief my front wheel hops at around 45mph. Two variable: my brother was jumping the bike neglecting to lower the pressure from around 30psi, the knobby has started to wear after some hard twisties. What is more likely the problem, the rim or the tire?
Part 2 of my inquiry: Bike is a Husqvarna TE-610 with Takasago rims. After I resolve the Hopping issue I hipe to invest in SM wheelset so I don't waist my knobbies, what route would you suggest and can a cush hub be included? I have seen others upgrade to Talon Hubs with Excel Rims but am unsure if the Talon is a Cushdrive...Any info greatly appreciated Woody,

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #81
macamoose
Studly Adventurer
 
macamoose's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Savannah,GA
Oddometer: 645
Question

Hi Woody, I'm a bit new to the spoked wheel world so when I went to change the tires on my DRZ and noticed two dead spokes on the rear I took them to a local professional. He tried turning a few of the spoke nipples and when they wouldn't budge he said the wheels would need to be entirely relaced with new spokes, but that they were good enough for riding off road with for now. Is there a penetrant I could use that would loosten up the spokes so the wheels can be trued up as is? Can I really ride off road with wheels that have just a couple of dead spokes? Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks,
Thad
__________________
Thaddeus
macamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #82
Krautbikeman
Failed Anger Mgt #$%@#$%^
 
Krautbikeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: Deelightful Deland, FL US of A
Oddometer: 5,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
i need your wheels ,,and i'll guarantee that once i see it i'll come up with a game plan for building you a better wheel,,,if we have components in stock it'll be less than a week if not add aweek or two for components to arrive,,some of these projects end up being new and one off ,,be patient because you'll appreciate the results
Off the top of your noggin, what are we talking $-wise?
__________________
What I want is to be able to fulfill my basic obligations to my family, help out those I can, and never fuck anybody for a handful of silver. If I can laugh while doing so, and ride, and explore, I will consider myself blessed beyond what I deserve.

Jinx


Want to ride better? Basic/Experienced street and Dirt Bike classes. www.adventureridertraining.com
Krautbikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #83
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here
 
Cigars&Scotch's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Fancy Pants of North Moran
Oddometer: 1,829
Hey Woody and Chris

A set of beat up up R90S wheels heading your way tmr via Priority mail. Take a look at them and do your magic.
__________________
Mike

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Cigars&Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #84
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
here's a rough estimate for your Africa Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautbikeman
Off the top of your noggin, what are we talking $-wise?
circa $600 from what you have described....

once we have the wheels and see exactly what's cooking,,,we call back with a fairly accuarte estimate and a set of options,,,

later ,,woody
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #85
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
here's a few ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamoose
Hi Woody, I'm a bit new to the spoked wheel world so when I went to change the tires on my DRZ and noticed two dead spokes on the rear I took them to a local professional. He tried turning a few of the spoke nipples and when they wouldn't budge he said the wheels would need to be entirely relaced with new spokes, but that they were good enough for riding off road with for now. Is there a penetrant I could use that would loosten up the spokes so the wheels can be trued up as is? Can I really ride off road with wheels that have just a couple of dead spokes? Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks,
Thad
FYI,,,,the mantra that serves your wheels and your pocket-books highest good,,,,it IS better to have ALL your spokes tight....otherwise you'll be overstressing the remaining 34,,,and that's when the descent into hell begins,,,

in your case ,,some liquid wrench and a good workout with your spoke wrench,,,or just get 2 new spokes n nipples and snug em up to match the tone of the rest of the spokes,,,

usually,,,we find that the nipples' threads are rusted and clogged with dirt,,,,we just snip em out and start over,,,however,,,if the rest of the nipples fail to turn,,,the usual trick is to just snip em all and start over with a heavy duty ss set,,,circa $200 for a complete rebuild
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 12-23-2006 at 05:20 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:24 PM   #86
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
let's seperate the wheat from the chafe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
Woody,
To be brief my front wheel hops at around 45mph. Two variable: my brother was jumping the bike neglecting to lower the pressure from around 30psi, the knobby has started to wear after some hard twisties. What is more likely the problem, the rim or the tire?
Part 2 of my inquiry: Bike is a Husqvarna TE-610 with Takasago rims. After I resolve the Hopping issue I hipe to invest in SM wheelset so I don't waist my knobbies, what route would you suggest and can a cush hub be included? I have seen others upgrade to Talon Hubs with Excel Rims but am unsure if the Talon is a Cushdrive...Any info greatly appreciated Woody,

Dan
dan,,first thing i'd check is the front wheel for true,,,that's the frist culprit usually

raise bike on stand,,spin front wheel,,it shouldn't hop or wobble

check if front rim is bent,,ya can't miss seeing that

check to see if all your spokes are ringing the same,,,ie tap each spoke with a screwdriver

then tell me what ya find,,most good mechanics can tighten up a few loose spokes and get your wheel sort a true,,,

BTW,,lowering your air pressure would just have aggravated your problem,,

regarding the upgrades on your sm project,,,highly advisable to go with cush drive,,would need your complete rear wheel assembly like i mentioned in the above posts,,,and then we'll see about adapting something that will work
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 12-23-2006 at 05:19 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #87
fasteddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fasteddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
Oddometer: 331
950 SE Front Wheel

Hello Woody, I've been told you might be able to help me out. I'm trying to determine if the complete front wheel from a 950/990 Adventure can be swapped out with the front wheel from a 950 Super Enduro???
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 AM   #88
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
supposedly yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckster
Hello Woody, I've been told you might be able to help me out. I'm trying to determine if the complete front wheel from a 950/990 Adventure can be swapped out with the front wheel from a 950 Super Enduro???
they use different spacers though from what i've heard,,and the 90 adv has flanges for dualdiscs as opposed to a single disc on the SE,,,the SE hub is basically a 950 hub with the right flange machined off...my son chris may know what's needed exactly
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 12-27-2006 at 08:50 PM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #89
fosicalo
RideDaily
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Northern Denver
Oddometer: 2
Woody, My 07 ULy needs some tires with some traction for this weather.Being 17 inchers don't know what to do.Got some idea there?
Thank-you and may GOD Bless!
fosicalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #90
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,319
need to know more than that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosicalo
Woody, My 07 ULy needs some tires with some traction for this weather.Being 17 inchers don't know what to do.Got some idea there?
Thank-you and may GOD Bless!
how wide are your rims,,,what tire size do you have now and how much space is there around the existing tires,,,,that'll tell me more of what i need to know
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014