ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #31
dean-o
Dabs often

Oddometer: 804
bump

boing
dean-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #32
FarmerRick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,307
So Dean... do they let you post while you're in school?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #33
dean-o
Dabs often

Oddometer: 804
bump

g'nite!
dean-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #34
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 15,622
Near Huntsville, AL here. I ride with a buddy that lives in Fayetteville, TN. We ride to N GA, NC, and W Va. along with day rides throughout TN and AL.

But of us ride dirt bikes also.

I have a 05.5 950 ADV and a 05 YZ125

Always looking for a new place to ride.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #35
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...

Oddometer: 341
Smyrna, the Rutherford County one, for the last year and a half. Goodletsville, TN for 5 years before that.

96 Bandit 600S for now. Looking for a dual sport ride next year or a Motard I can get some dirt tires/wheels for. Probably a DR650 or KLR 650 will be my first choice though. Also working on tearing down and rebuilding/modding an older CB to turn into a CR750 replica.

Most of my ride time is the commute to Murfreesboro for work when I have time to take the long ways. Also around the Center Hill Dam area and such.

Heavily involved in auto racing with two race cars and I fear now that I have started riding it will not be long before I decide to try a track day/school on the bike.

We must gather for Coffee or Brew sometime.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 AM   #36
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature
it still baffles me how nobody's gotten a Nashville, etc. message board up yet.

Smyrna here...err the one in Rutherford County. Who exactly thought it would be a good idea to put at least 5 Smyrnas in Tennessee in 5 different counties? that your idea Sscratch?

i'm always up for a DS ride if i can find one around here...usually have to resort to construction sites (they never seem to mind). always up for the twistees too!
If I had a little help, i.e. a good pool of starting members to get things going, I would be more than interested in getting a board up. I have discussed it with a couple other local riders that also feel there is a need for a local board.

I have the means (bandwidth and server space) available to me. A decent bit of admin knowledge and another interested party that already builds/runs forum sites too help. Most of the Software is free or cheap out there as well.

My goal would be to create a site with the feel and structure similar to the East TN riders site. I would prefer to have sections dedicated to corner carvers, dual sport, off road park (full off road), cruisers, and general ride planning/route sharing along with the normal classified section.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #37
M0t0Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Looks like we are neighbors

There is a forum where we post local to the Mid/Tenn area here is a link to the area in the forum where we all hang out. http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/fo...s=&forumid=328

There is a mix of riders there from beginners to experienced.

There are some planned rides usually every weekend and bike nights on Thursday nights, we are trying to decide right now to have Bike night every week or every other.
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #38
mtsupilot09
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I live in Murfreesboro, ride a KLR650. Looking for guys to ride with, especially trails.
mtsupilot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #39
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Oddometer: 1,723
Live near Crossville , I have lots of camping area and a 15000 acre wildlife area next door with lots of gravel roads and some dirt . Lets plan a gettogether sometime.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #40
mtsupilot09
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hey fly, what's the offroad area you're talking about? I'd be interested in hittin that up sometime if it's pretty decent. 17-19 looks good for me, only about an hour and a half drive from the boro to c-ville.
mtsupilot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #41
HokieDNA01
Dirty Sport Girl!

Oddometer: 183
Just wanted to say HI from another new member! I have been riding street for 3 years (ninja 250) and just bought my first dualsport (XT225). Hoping to find some good trails/land to ride somewhere near Nashville as I don't have a trailer (yet!)

Good to see another familiar face on here MotoRider!
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #42
M0t0Rider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01
Just wanted to say HI from another new member! I have been riding street for 3 years (ninja 250) and just bought my first dualsport (XT225). Hoping to find some good trails/land to ride somewhere near Nashville as I don't have a trailer (yet!)

Hey good to see ya out this way! Cool Deal!....thats right you are an off roader now Hee hee
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #43
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,712
Smyrna, the Rutherford variety, here. I'm usually bombing around on the KLR 650, but have been known to borrow the Wee from my pops now and then I just found the mother of all developments on Saturday, at least 300 acres with nothing but two track through it. It's off Jefferson Springs rd headed out of Smyrna towards 840. The rock quarry rd, which I can never remember the name of, is right across the street, and a pretty nice set of twisties too. I usually head up to Macon county for gravel roads, or LBL when I get the chance. Anyone up for a scoot this coming weekend?
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #44
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...

Quote:

Hello there and good deal on the XT. I still need to pick up my new to me KLR650 and get the clutch replaced. I am itching to find some off road fun this spring.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #45
kellyk7
Who knows

Oddometer: 1,746
Quote:
Hoping to find some good trails/land to ride somewhere near Nashville as I don't have a trailer (yet!)
Hey HokieDNA01 check out the North Alabama Trail Riders Association. (no don't let the name fool you we have serious ride space in Tennessee.

http://natra.dirtrider.net/

The member ship is 50.00 a year 24x7 access to almost 6000 acers of any kinda rideing you want.

the only down side is we are about 80 miles south of Nashville (actually in westpoint )

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It is about learning how to dance in the rain" - HAWK
kellyk7 is offline   Reply With Quote