ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #61
Gene McCall
Adventurer
 
Gene McCall's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 74
Thumb LBL & Mid. Tenn rider

I remember when they created the "Land Between the Lakes" The gubament, as someone said, just came in, forced people to sell land that had been in their families for generations and bingo, we had a nice new park. It is beautiful land and a great place to enjoy. I'll say hi to Jason F. and let others know I am an "old" Tn rider located in the Boro (Murfreesboro). I currently ride a Honda ST1100. Thanks to a major heart attack last October I will soon be riding a 2000 ST1100 (same bike) with an 08 Hannigan sidecar attached! The rig and I along with a buddy from OZ will be taking the road to Alaska in June and returning to the Boro the end of August, around a 12,000 miles trip.
Gene
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #62
Gene McCall
Adventurer
 
Gene McCall's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 74
Thumb Did I kill this thread?!?

I jumped in this thread because I am located in Murfreesboro (the geo. center of the state) and have been riding for over 50 years. Now it seems all the riders in Tennessee have fled to other places! Gosh, I even took my semi-annual bath last week or was it week before last? Anyway lets hear from Tennessee (not just middle) riders, it won't be long before spring and then no one will have time to post!
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #63
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low
 
flyinfuzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: At the bottom of the stairs
Oddometer: 1,742
looking out my back door

got plenty of room,water to play in and lots of gravel and good pavement around. lets get together this year on the plateau.
__________________
Cotton says : This is as screwed up as a rope with 3 ends

flyinfuzz screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 07:26 PM
flyinfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #64
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low
 
flyinfuzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: At the bottom of the stairs
Oddometer: 1,742
might stop here for a bite or not !!
__________________
Cotton says : This is as screwed up as a rope with 3 ends

flyinfuzz screwed with this post 05-15-2009 at 06:01 PM
flyinfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #65
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low
 
flyinfuzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: At the bottom of the stairs
Oddometer: 1,742
this is on the way
__________________
Cotton says : This is as screwed up as a rope with 3 ends

flyinfuzz screwed with this post 05-15-2009 at 06:01 PM
flyinfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #66
bill_powell
Adventurer
 
bill_powell's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Dover, TN
Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McCall
I remember when they created the "Land Between the Lakes" The gubament, as someone said, just came in, forced people to sell land that had been in their families for generations and bingo, we had a nice new park. It is beautiful land and a great place to enjoy. I'll say hi to Jason F. and let others know I am an "old" Tn rider located in the Boro (Murfreesboro). I currently ride a Honda ST1100. Thanks to a major heart attack last October I will soon be riding a 2000 ST1100 (same bike) with an 08 Hannigan sidecar attached! The rig and I along with a buddy from OZ will be taking the road to Alaska in June and returning to the Boro the end of August, around a 12,000 miles trip.
Gene
Looking forward to meeting you. Only a couple of weeks away now. The Guzzi is still down in Nashville; doubt she'll be home in time for you to see. We will just have to organize a second meet. Talk to you soon...

Bill
bill_powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #67
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McCall
I remember when they created the "Land Between the Lakes" The gubament, as someone said, just came in, forced people to sell land that had been in their families for generations and bingo, we had a nice new park. It is beautiful land and a great place to enjoy. I'll say hi to Jason F. and let others know I am an "old" Tn rider located in the Boro (Murfreesboro). I currently ride a Honda ST1100. Thanks to a major heart attack last October I will soon be riding a 2000 ST1100 (same bike) with an 08 Hannigan sidecar attached! The rig and I along with a buddy from OZ will be taking the road to Alaska in June and returning to the Boro the end of August, around a 12,000 miles trip.
Gene
Well hello there. Nice to see you over here.
__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 AM   #68
Gene McCall
Adventurer
 
Gene McCall's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 74
Thumb Trips are arranged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_powell
Looking forward to meeting you. Only a couple of weeks away now. The Guzzi is still down in Nashville; doubt she'll be home in time for you to see. We will just have to organize a second meet. Talk to you soon...

Bill
Bill, I will be sorry to miss the Guzzi but I know we will meet more than just once! I have arranged to get the ST delivered to Hannigan's on Sat. the 23rd and you know about the trip to pick it up. BTW do you need me to call and give you info for reservations?

Gene
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:37 AM   #69
Gene McCall
Adventurer
 
Gene McCall's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 74
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F.
Well hello there. Nice to see you over here.
Jason, glad you picked up on the post. This is a really great site and I enjoy cruising the various threads. Be sure to check out the D2D thread. Look forward to seeing you over the weekend!

Gene
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 AM   #70
Horatio
Studly Adventurer
 
Horatio's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 693
I'm in Memphis. Would like to get out of this area for some riding. Only once have I been 'in' the sugar sand and would like to do some street and light off road.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #71
Gene McCall
Adventurer
 
Gene McCall's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F.
Well hello there. Nice to see you over here.
Jason, thought you might like to see a pic of the St with the trailer, thanks to you!
Attached Images
 
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:25 AM   #72
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
Looks good Gene. Let me know when you get that first test ride in. I am sure we can get those other items fabbed up and ready soon.
__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #73
HayKlr
Expert
 
HayKlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Oddometer: 181
Dont forget the few of us over here in hell..........

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310361

Trying to get some weekend Dualsport rides going when it warms up some...

So is TN east or central? I'll know where to post next time FNG here
HayKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #74
bill_powell
Adventurer
 
bill_powell's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Dover, TN
Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McCall
Bill, I will be sorry to miss the Guzzi but I know we will meet more than just once! I have arranged to get the ST delivered to Hannigan's on Sat. the 23rd and you know about the trip to pick it up. BTW do you need me to call and give you info for reservations?

Gene
I already put you in the book myself. You can double check a few days prior if you wisn, but you're set.

It is possible that I will not be able to go with you to Hannigans. If that happens, I will provide exact directions from the hotel. No worries~
bill_powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #75
Gene McCall
Adventurer
 
Gene McCall's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 74
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_powell
I already put you in the book myself. You can double check a few days prior if you wisn, but you're set.

It is possible that I will not be able to go with you to Hannigans. If that happens, I will provide exact directions from the hotel. No worries~
Bill, the appointment with my heart doc today has changed my plans. On the 26th I am going to have a pacemaker/defibrillator installed. They will put it under my left arm and wire it direct to the heart. Then if my heart gets hinky it will give me a shock (not pleasent but bearable accoring to doc) and the heart will resume doing its thing. The doc who is implanting the device has advised me I will have to be careful for about a week. I am going to delay picking up the ST until either March 7 or 14, I will let you know exactly which as soon as I can.
Gene
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014