ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #76
Uncle Gumby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
hey Gene and others,

I'm in Manchester, TN. I tour 3-6 weeks each summer on the Light Truck and take lots of day rides and weekenders on the Monster. No Dual Sport yet.
Gene, the Forest Mill Riders are planning on going to Ironhorse in May.
Join us.

Doug
K1200LT
M800
Uncle Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #77
Gene McCall
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Thumb Thanks for the invite

Doug, thanks for the invite. I tried to go last year and could not make it. I am planning a trip to TWO in Suches, Ga. May 17-18. I hope that not the weekend you guys are planning.
Gene
Gene McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #78
bill_powell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene McCall
Bill, the appointment with my heart doc today has changed my plans. On the 26th I am going to have a pacemaker/defibrillator installed. They will put it under my left arm and wire it direct to the heart. Then if my heart gets hinky it will give me a shock (not pleasent but bearable accoring to doc) and the heart will resume doing its thing. The doc who is implanting the device has advised me I will have to be careful for about a week. I am going to delay picking up the ST until either March 7 or 14, I will let you know exactly which as soon as I can.
Gene
Email sent...
bill_powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #79
Gene McCall
Adventurer

Thumb Back from hospital

I got home today from St. Thomas after having a Dick Cheney special (pacemaker/defibralator) installed. Sore and hurting some but I have had much worse. I will pick up the sidecar rig on Friday March 14th and take it home on a trailer. Bill I am having a steering mod done, a Canadian co. is modifying the 2 triple trees on the ST to remove about half of the trail. Dave Hannigan referred to it as "power steering" and said it takes out about 60% of the steering effort. The mod is going to cost about $900 + but over a 13 to 14,000 mile trip I think it will be worth the investment.
Gene
Old 03-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #80
ajones
Left Blinker is ON

Oddometer: 266
Columbia TN

Just Checking in.

Next weekend, April 5-6 is Mule day. If you are local to middle TN and have never been to Columbia TN, it's a fun day. There are bikes from all over. The local Harley dealer usually has free beer, burgers, and band. http://www.hdcolumbia.com/specials.asp Some of the most unique bikes are at http://www.sgcustomcycles.com/ Again, usually free food but they close at noon. Everybody and their mama will be sell something on the side of the road.

Some of you would be good at the liar's contest but that on Friday Night.

Wave if you come to town and you see XR650L with the rider wearing a Troy Lee helmet...that's me

http://www.muleday.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNW0VBQPpUc

ajones screwed with this post 04-03-2008 at 07:41 PM
ajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM   #81
Gene McCall
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones
Just Checking in.

Next weekend, April 5-6 is Mule day. If you are local to middle TN and have never been to Columbia TN, it's a fun day. There are bikes from all over. The local Harley dealer usually has free beer, burgers, and band. http://www.hdcolumbia.com/specials.asp Some of the most unique bikes are at http://www.sgcustomcycles.com/ Again, usually free food but they close at noon. Everybody and there mama will be sell something on the side of the road.

Some of you would be good at the liar's contest but that on Friday Night.

Wave if you come to town and you see XR650L with the rider wearing a Troy Lee helmet...that's me

http://www.muleday.com/
It just so happens I grew up in Columbia and attended Mule Day Celebrations as far back as 1947! If I have the time I may just come over from the Boro and check out the 21st Century version as compared to the "old style" of the 40s & 50s. I have a brother who still lives in Columbia so I can get 2 birds with one big ole rock!

Below is a picture for you to look for. This is the rig Bill Powell was going to help me pick up a couple of weeks ago but it was not ready. They delivered it to me last Thursday night!

Attached Images

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #82
Gene McCall
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F.
Well hello there. Nice to see you over here.
Jason, the rig is home! Give me a call when you get a chance, we need to start on the mount for the transfer tank mount for the Lil Bunkhouse trailer. Since only one picture can be uploaded at a time here is another picture, shows the lights on the rear.

Attached Images

Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #83
ajones
Left Blinker is ON

I like the light

I like the light in the front of the sidecar.

It seem like the middle Tennessee riders a "all dressed with no were to go". I thought I would add Mule Day since the TAT comes through town. I see Dual sports all the time coming through town and not until recently did I realize why?

Also, coming soon to Columbia, Puckett on the square. You can't beat Leapers Fork location, but its a start.

Another good place to meet up is Huff's Market on 246 Carter's Creek Pike. Best Deli sandwich's around.

Just a thought.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #84
threadkiller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,657
Some, why don't one of you Columbia fellas plan a ride or at least a meet and greet?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #85
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,973
There's also Rally Tennessee coming up May 24th in Linden, TN, just an hour west of Nashville. That would be a good place/time to get together.

http://rallytennessee.com/2008/

Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #86
ajones
Left Blinker is ON

Tennessee Rally

Tennessee Rally would be good ride and a fun time. I'm up for a meet and greet. It looks like rain this weekend

AJ
Old 04-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #87
pswarren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thumb Mule Day

ajones or any Advriders,
Any one going to S&G Cycles for the Mule Day Party Sat. morning. I'll get ther about 10:30 on mt R1200RT. Hope to meet other Advriders there.
pswarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #88
pswarren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Alaska

Gene McCall, PM sent
Old 04-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #89
ajones
Left Blinker is ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswarren
ajones or any Advriders,
Any one going to S&G Cycles for the Mule Day Party Sat. morning. I'll get ther about 10:30 on mt R1200RT. Hope to meet other Advriders there.
Yeah, I planing on going.

See ya there.

AJ
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 AM   #90
Gene McCall
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswarren
ajones or any Advriders,
Phillip, I will try to be there but if I get stuck in traffic I may divert to my brother's place. The place you are referring to is the Harley dealer, or is it the place next to the railroad tracks? Got your pm and have responded.
Gene