Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #91
SQD8R
Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer: 7,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker
Does klaus have a websight???????

http://wilbersusa.com/wilbers/
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer.
Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.
SQD8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #92
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 770
http://wilbersusa.com/wilbers/index.htm
Is the website
M696
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #93
wasp17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Pissed Wilbers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared
Attention prospective purchasers: contact Klaus Huenecken at Wilbers USA before you pull the trigger on this deal, he may have some interesting info for you. His number is (732) 786-9777.

Just be aware everyone , Wilbers business practice is very sharp , to say the least. I must know , we hade dealings with Mister Wilbers. He is not the most liked person in Europe . He used to be an agent for Techno Flex in Holland where he purchased his shocks from ( after hes dealership with WP
was terminated ) He agreed to pay royalties to Techno FLEX , but no money was received. Instead ( beeing a smart cookie he is ) he just changed the name to Wilbers and used all Techno Flex Specs and Knowhow to build shocks. The way he unloads shocks now to groups and bypassing the importer , is just showing how desperate he is getting ,to sell. The warranty will be another problem . He will then expect Klaus to fix and backup the shocks Klaus never sold.
To sum it up , if integrity does not mean much to you, then good luck and deal with him. I know of people that hade to fight hard and wait long to have warranty treated or replaced. cheers Wasp 17
wasp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #94
wasp17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Pissed Wilbers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared
Attention prospective purchasers: contact Klaus Huenecken at Wilbers USA before you pull the trigger on this deal, he may have some interesting info for you. His number is (732) 786-9777.

Just be aware everyone , Wilbers business practice is very sharp , to say the least. I must know , we hade dealings with Mister Wilbers. He is not the most liked person in Europe . He used to be an agent for Techno Flex in Holland where he purchased his shocks from ( after hes dealership with WP
was terminated ) He agreed to pay royalties to Techno FLEX , but no money was received. Instead ( beeing a smart cookie he is ) he just changed the name to Wilbers and used all Techno Flex Specs and Knowhow to build shocks. The way he unloads shocks now to groups and bypassing the importer , is just showing how desperate he is getting ,to sell. The warranty will be another problem . He will then expect Klaus to fix and backup the shocks Klaus never sold.
To sum it up , if integrity does not mean much to you, then good luck and deal with him. I know of people that hade to fight hard and wait long to have warranty treated or replaced. cheers Wasp 17
wasp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:59 AM   #95
Dirk@Wilbers OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Sorry that I did not write back sooner, but, as an employee I had to check our comment with my superior, Mr. Wilbers himself. This is his official answer.

Dear ADV forum community,

By way of explaining the matter we would like to give the following statement:

The company Run-N-Lites Klaus Huenecke is our distribution partner in the USA since 2002, is doing a great job and, in cases of technical problems, is responsible for helping our customers.
It is, however, not possible for a relatively small company as the one Mr. Huenecke is running, to supply the whole USA. That is why, after a visit this January; we consequently informed Mr. Hueneke that we are planning to open approximately 50 service-stations in the USA to offer our customers optimal servicing and maintenance.
We, for our part, reserve ourselves the right to offer and sell our products through our own internet appearance to the USA market.
As a matter of fact, our trained partners as Mr. Huenecke are to technical supervise all our Wilbers products, no matter who sold them in the first place.
Consequently I ask you not spread rumors or to panic because that is harmful and damaging for everyone and Mr. Huenecke as well.

Wilbers Products GmbH
Benny Wilbers
President
CC Klaus Huenecke

*** So I (this is Dirk again) hope that the discussion is settled. However I would now like to know who of the guys who already sent inquiries or orders for the group buy are still in on it???
Please, if you are in the group buy, write a message to my e-mail address (kontaktusa@wilbers.de ) to confirm it. If you changed your mind it is OK as well.

But I really would like to ad that, when starting the group-buy, I had no idea of that it would be such a big problem.***

Best Regards

Dirk Wenzelmann
Wilbers Products GmbH

JohnTM screwed with this post 07-12-2006 at 06:56 AM Reason: hard to read.
Dirk@Wilbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:18 AM   #96
raysuf
Lost

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp17
Nothing in your post sounds very sharp to me.
http://raysuf.smugmug.com/

Save $5 on your smugmug subscription with this coupon Ti6DylUyt31Zg
raysuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 AM   #97
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysuf
Nothing in your post sounds very sharp to me.
maybe not to you but nice job preserving it for posterity.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:59 AM   #98
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,288
Quote:
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #99
SQD8R
Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer: 7,357
Quote:
It must be, it must be kismet, yes that's it, that you joined us, just on July 11, 2006. Thank you Jeebus, Bubba or whomever. I'll sleep better knowing that kismet, karma, or just plain bullshit luck brought you onto this thread, just in time.

Disclaimer: The sarcasm expressed here does represent the views and opinions of the author. The author cannot believe anyone would be stupid enough to fall for this obvious ploy. Viewer discretion is laudable.
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer.
Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.

SQD8R screwed with this post 07-12-2006 at 06:29 AM Reason: add emoticon to spice up sarcasm
SQD8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 AM   #100
Donkey_Kong
Banned

Oddometer: 146
Let's Get Real.. No way they can do it from Germany!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk@Wilbers
My name is Dirk and I'm working as a translator for the Wilbers Racing Suspension Company in Germany. The reason I'm writing to you here is that I would like to promote our products which are scarcely known so far in the USA.

In Germany, the name Wilbers is quite famous as a brand name in terms of custom made suspension technology and we are even compared to Oehlins in questions of performance and quality. Of course, this is as much the result of our constandly increasing development quality, the fact that Wilbers is on the German market for more that 20 years and because of our recent sucesses with our Wilbers racing team in the German IDM Superbike class. Here, our rider, Christian Kellner is on the secondposition right now.

What Dirk and Benny Wilbers don't know is that the brand is well known and looked at by people in the United States that care about such things, people riding cruisers which is more then 50% of the USA market don't care about Wilbers shocks. They have a person here, Klaus at Wilbers USA (www.wilbersusa.com) that does a wonderful job selling the shock to the USA and taking care of our needs. He's frank about answering questions and never sends anything that's not perfect. He goes out of his way to serve us as we expect when we are making a large purchase. His after sale support is also wonderful. I had a pre-load adjuster that was made before they put the retaining ring in for the sealing O-ring and Klaus took care of my problem and updated my shock at no cost to me. I wonder if I could have gotten that done while trying to deal with someone in Germany with the 8 hour time difference and language problems.
Ive purchased two suspension systems from Klaus in the last 3 years and would buy another one from him.

[email="quote=Dirk@Wilbers"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk@Wilbers[/EMAIL
]
Quote:
The big advantage of our shocks is that they are custom made to especially meet your requirements, meaning preload, rebound and even compression might be adjusted to match your weight and riding style and that features as ride height adjustment or hyraulichpreload adjustments are our specialities. On all Wilbers products we grant 5 years guarantee and our delivery time should not exceed 14 work-days and only costs 25 US $ to everywhere in the USA.

What's the big deal in waiting a little extra time, a week or so, for the white glove treatment you get from Klaus. You get a real person to speak to when you're trying to set the shock up to answer your questions. If you don't think it's riding just right he'll give you troubleshooting information, again I can begin to figure out how youre going to do that with someone in Germany. You can see him at some of the local rallies. He's willing to go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied and you can talk to him during regular hours in the USA. I see him all the time riding his bikes since we live in the same state. I've never seen Dirk in person and don't think I will.

Oh, I saw something about them bringing the truck and a team over for the MOA next year. I'll believe it when I see it. BMWNA says it costs them 60K to put the truck at the MOA rally and that truck is in the USA already. So it'll take them 4-6 weeks to ship the truck from Europe to the USA and cost over 20k. Lets assume it's got a 4 man crew, for a week in the USA that will be 30k. So for them to send the truck and the crew to the MOA will be a direct cost $50,000 just for the truck and crew without the price of goods. They'd have to sell over 200 shocks to pay for that which I don't think they can so they will never do it.

[email="quote=Dirk@Wilbers"]
Quote:
]
Quote:
As I am not a registered advertising member of this forum I do not exactly know if this post will be looked at as illegal advertising, nonetheless I had to give it a try.

I'd make him pay his fees to advertise here since he already did or nuke his post.

I've seen this a bunch of times. A European company gets someone in the USA to start selling their product here. The guy does a good job at it, I'm sure Klaus is now selling a large portion of the Wilbers production. So then they get greedy and try to cut the person in the USA out of the deal because they are too busy counting the distributors money instead of concentrating on making their product and concentrating on production and product improvement. So then they try to cut out the local person because they think they can deliver the same service and they never can. It's time for Wilbers to learn that we like dealing with Klaus. He's up the same hours we are and gives us excellent service which is a big part when you are buying something like this.

With the long delivery times people are now experiencing from Oehlins (many many months, Ive heard over 6 in some cases) Wilbers is doing it's self a huge disservice in trying to compete with its national distributor in the USA. Instead they should be concentrating on making shocks and supporting Klaus so he can sell more shocks. If they took the money they are spending on their ad campaign and time they are spending here and cooped advertising with Klaus who we already know and like theyd get about 2x as many sales. Instead they are just showing us how greedy they are in Germany and hurting their reputation and market image.

Only amateur business men try to compete with price. Service is where its at . In Germany they must think we Americans are stupid or something.

Donkey_Kong screwed with this post 07-12-2006 at 11:53 AM Reason: change color and fix quotes
Donkey_Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:22 AM   #101
Donkey_Kong
Banned

Quote:
open approximately 50 service-stations in the USA to offer our customers optimal servicing and maintenance.
They don't have 50 service centers in Europe. They sell lots more shocks there then they do in the USA. Why would they ever open 50 service centers here and where would the work come from to keep these centers employed? They probably don't need 50 service centers anyway. You have to figure out how big a company like Wilbers is. It's not that hard to find out if you have access to things like D&B reports. They are smaller then 4 mil euro's gross a year. So about 5 million US. That's less than 10,000 shocks a year total. When you consider that BMW builds about 90,000 motorcycles a year it's not that many shocks.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #102
Donkey_Kong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker
Does klaus have a websight???????
www.wilbersusa.com i guess klaus didn't put it in his statement because he wasn't advertizing, just replying to what was said.

as i've said before i've bought 2 suspensions from klaus for f650's. springs and shocks. I've had problems with both but both have lots of miles, 50k and 30k in not nice conditions, Klaus has fixed both in a timely manner with no hassle.

He's given me time and advice in adjusting them so i get the ride i paid for. Whatelse can you say. Not only do you get a good shock you get great service from him, it's worth way more then saving 10%.

Why do shocks need to be serviced? It's just like changing the fluid in your forks or engine. You put in new wear parts and the thing goes for ever.

dk
Old 07-12-2006, 06:49 AM   #103
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
S
*** So I (this is Dirk again) hope that the discussion is settled. However I would now like to know who of the guys who already sent inquiries or orders for the group buy are still in on it???
Please, if you are in the group buy, write a message to my e-mail address (kontaktusa@wilbers.de ) to confirm it. If you changed your mind it is OK as well.

But I really would like to ad that, when starting the group-buy, I had no idea of that it would be such a big problem.***

Best Regards

Dirk Wenzelmann
Wilbers Products GmbH
Ummm, Uhh,
I think I'll wait a little bit until the dust settles before I order, Thanks.

Ride Safe,
Vettster
MysteryRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:58 AM   #104
Rubber Cow
GS Dork

Oddometer: 5,335
EDITORIAL TIP-

DONT USE COLORED TEXT.
COLORED TEXT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO READ AND TENDS TO JUST PISS PEOPLE OFF.....SO, UNLESS THAT'S YOUR INTENTION, DON'T TRY AND GET FANCY UNTIL YOUR POST COUNT IS ABOVE 100...

THIS CONCLUDES THIS EDITORIAL TIP-

Thanks for your attention

"Woof, woof woof woof ...woof woof!!!!!!!!!"
Cricket the Dog-RIP
Rubber Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:12 AM   #105
Rubber Cow
GS Dork

Oddometer: 5,335
Oh and another thing,
To you folks at Wilburs.DE
This country is very familiar with screwing the little guy....simply put, it appears that you're not doing right by someone who has worked hard to establish your product in the USA.
By choosing not to come to a workable agreement with Klaus it appears that the mother company is setting ut on it's own.
Maybe Klaus is a difficult guy. I've dealt with him and he hasn't come across as such....at all.
Maybe Wilburs is off and running to do their own thing in the US...that's fine, but don't fuck over the entity that has been responsible for giving your product a foothold on this continent.
Here it's referred to as "screwing the little guy" and it generally doesn't go over well.
Just my opinion of course but something smells bad here and it's not Klaus.
Cheers,
Jorge

"Woof, woof woof woof ...woof woof!!!!!!!!!"
Cricket the Dog-RIP
Rubber Cow is offline   Reply With Quote