Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 508 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #27181
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,838
Eek

We are getting pounded by snow right now! Sunday is going to be awesome for X country Skiing!!!!!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #27182
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 69,813
I did this today. Oooof. My legs are toast.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #27183
TheNedster
Lurkapotamus

Oddometer: 886
56 mi. in 3:20 on the road today. Did the Oak Run loop clockwise for the first time. Strong cross and headwinds made for much cursing and gnashing of teeth.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #27184
Tallbastid
Let's get tropical

Oddometer: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by zouch View Post
(psst! it's 'Thomson', actually,...)

one of the strongest for their weight; in part because of the elliptical internal profile that leaves them strong where they need to be without any extra weight where it isn't needed, and the integrated head.
and, they're not made in Asia,...

that, and their customer support is first-rate in my experience; i once had one of the pivot bolts break, and a phone call put 4 new ones in my mail box for free. (story went that they had a supplier issue on a small batch with that part years ago.)
Does synchros make the 'giant connect' seat post that came on my reign? I'm a big guy, and the idea of my post breaking makes me cringe.
Tallbastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #27185
zouch
part-time wanderer

Oddometer: 1,689
(pssst! it's 'Syncros', actually,...)

Syncros hasn't really been what it started out to be since the late '90s, and has been owned by several different groups since then (including Tom Ritchey, GT/Schwinn, and most recently, Scott).

no telling who made the post on your Giant; they're one of the largest manufacturers in the world, and make bikes for many other companies as well. these days it's probably not impossible that Giant made the posts labelled Syncros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodfart View Post
Does synchros make the 'giant connect' seat post that came on my reign? I'm a big guy, and the idea of my post breaking makes me cringe.

'02 GS Adv
zouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #27186
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,460
Thieves have made off with all 16 of Team Garmin-Sharp's Cervelos. Apparently they cleaned out the trailer taking all the wheels and tools too. The team has pulled out of the Mediterranean Tour even after other teams offered to lend them bikes and equipment.

Seems like a hard thing to fence in France where cycling is so mainstream.

link
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #27187
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Thieves have made off with all 16 of Team Garmin-Sharp's Cervelos. Apparently they cleaned out the trailer taking all the wheels and tools too. The team has pulled out of the Mediterranean Tour even after other teams offered to lend them bikes and equipment.

Seems like a hard thing to fence in France where cycling is so mainstream.

link
There's always eastern EUR...

Me? 1:36 easy to moderate on the bike just now. Underwater Hockey later. Don't want to overdo it.

M
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #27188
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
There's always eastern EUR...

Me? 1:36 easy to moderate on the bike just now. Underwater Hockey later. Don't want to overdo it.

M
I'm off the rig for a week visiting family which I think I needed. Rode on Thursday night in the cold rain and felt flat as a pancake.
I'm above my mileage goals and will get back on it by Friday and then ramp things up for the spring. I'm really looking forward to the weather turning around. I think I've ridden on dry roads twice in the last four months.

Met a French gypsy who said he could get me a great deal on a used Cervelo, so things are looking up.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #27189
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,839
Flat, a little windy and no money.

When I don't have any particular place to go, I'll ride over to the store on the Indian Reservation. It's about 22 miles there and I generaly stop at the store and have a Gatoraid & crackers while talking to the kids who always have questions about the bike.

I went off and forgot my wallet today so there was no stopping. Instead, I decided to try and hold a 20 mph average. The route is fairly flat but it was a little windy which made it a little more difficult. My gps is set to stop the timer when I stop so I decided to ride w/o putting a foot down. I can count six lights each way but none of them come into play on the out route and only two of them are really in play on the return. Those two are left-hand turns and on both of these "on-demand" lights, there was traffic who turned the light for me. The rest was a matter of timing. I'd slow up knowing that they'd change pretty quickly.

Happy to have accomplished my 20 mph esp as a solitary rider.
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #27190
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Happy to have accomplished my 20 mph esp as a solitary rider.
That's hauling the mail Gerry. Do you use a fairing or windshield on your bent?
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #27191
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
That's hauling the mail Gerry. Do you use a fairing or windshield on your bent?
No - but I seem to be sportin an ever so small, aero-belly these days. Does that count?

There's a new bike shop in Florida that some friends of mine are starting up - John and Jacquie Schlitter - who are both extraordinary riders. They've each ridden 400+ miles in 24 hours on multiple occasions and were part of a RAAM team.

Anyway, they've asked many of the leading recumbent riders in the US to become part of Team Vite - their bike shop will be called Vite Bikes.

Vite is supposed to be French for speedy and I believe it's pronounced "Veet". Anyway, for some unknown reason, they must have needed an old, slow but determined brevet rider so I was invited to join "the team". Part of the deal included a free jersey and...well.... mine is just a tad too small.

Or, another way of looking at it is that I'm a tad too large.

I really need to drop 10 pounds.
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #27192
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 6,452
Noice!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #27193
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,831
Awesome!

I need to drop another twenty, but my jeans fit again!

We used to refer to our shape as the Aero-Pear(TM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
No - but I seem to be sportin an ever so small, aero-belly these days. Does that count?

There's a new bike shop in Florida that some friends of mine are starting up - John and Jacquie Schlitter - who are both extraordinary riders. They've each ridden 400+ miles in 24 hours on multiple occasions and were part of a RAAM team.

Anyway, they've asked many of the leading recumbent riders in the US to become part of Team Vite - their bike shop will be called Vite Bikes.

Vite is supposed to be French for speedy and I believe it's pronounced "Veet". Anyway, for some unknown reason, they must have needed an old, slow but determined brevet rider so I was invited to join "the team". Part of the deal included a free jersey and...well.... mine is just a tad too small.

Or, another way of looking at it is that I'm a tad too large.

I really need to drop 10 pounds.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #27194
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Awesome!

I need to drop another twenty, but my jeans fit again!

We used to refer to our shape as the Aero-Pear(TM)
I may never get back to the 30" waist jeans I wore in college, but I'm back down to 32-33" jeans.

Weight's still coming off, but slowly oh so slowly

M
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #27195
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,296
+1

yippee . After becoming quite the couch dweller last quarter of 2012, Jan/Feb 2013 have been much better. Between the TDF trainer and road riding I got 360 miles thus far. I know not really much but I've been pedaling almost daily. Dropped 10lbs and pants are fitting better.

Went with continental gran prix 4 seasons in 28mm width for the Pistola. 28 miles Saturday and 26 yesterday on the new tires. Pumped up to 90 psi felt good. Roll fast , not too harsh , we will see about flat proofedness... 13 miles of 15+ mph headwinds on the ride/limp home yesterday.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: