User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 498 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #31111
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,457
No this was down toward 47th past U Penn.

I found the exact spot I think. Google maps FTW! Just imagine it's getting dark folks are on the pavement drinking flagons of the finest malt beverage.

Keswick Cycle not far from there.

-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #31112
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLdeano View Post
Started this bike thing in June, and my Giant and I just did our first century yesterday-the folks at D2 Cycling in Sanford put on a good ride.

Pretty good feeling to finish the damn thing, and I was surprised how good I felt all day.

Rule #5, bitches...never a mention of not finishing. We eased off of the pace a bit, stuck together, I pulled into the wind and he finished his second century of the week. Fucking awesome...the guy is my hero

Free beer is the best beer...don't laugh at the Coors Light. After a 90 plus degree century this was the best damn beer on Earth
Congrats man! You earned that post ride beer. Every ounce of it.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #31113
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
Ahh yes, the Ivy League ghetto gauntlet. Grandpa went to Penn and couldn't figure out why none of us loser grandkids wanted to follow in his footsteps. He returned to his Caddy after a class reunion one time to find it no longer had hubcaps. We all turned out OK.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #31114
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Stereotypical cyclists, right there.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #31115
inyang
5secs away

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Started this bike thing in June, and my Giant and I just did our first century yesterday-the folks at D2 Cycling in Sanford put on a good ride.

My brother and I at SAG ~38 miles into it

Why did you dye your beards?

Good job on the century
Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #31116
inyang
5secs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz6kd7 View Post
i had a loop through vegas i called tour de hood, not the worst areas but mid high crime

just pedal fast
One of our early AM (0415 start) has a clover-leaf at the turn around point, I got one of the young riders in a local club here to accompany me on fast ride days, my lazy system kicks too often when am riding alone.

Anyway, we had done the first half of the clover, descended the second half and on the flat under the bridge - dark still, no streetlights, only our headlights - when I heard a growl... WTF

Scanned left and right and dismissed it, maybe wind over my glasses or whatever.. then another growl, followed by a piece of brick landing close to my left. Kicked out and looked back, and there is shape running after us.

Into the lighted area, a crazy looking chap with matted hair, lofting another object up... fast out of there.

Climb in silence, then started talking. We had to go through same space on the other lane to climb up and return. What to do?

I switched off my head light, 800 plus lumens waving around will attract attention too far out. Left the NiteRider mounted on the handlebars on.

We went down, crept along like track cyclist and exploded when we got to his lair and heard another growl. My partner accelerated way out in front, my guns forgot they were supposed to be a bit tired. I should have made that section a Strava segment!

I suspect the extra bright lights must have interfered with a really nice dream sequence or he was just in bad mood. Sleeping outside with mosquitos must be hell.

Passed there subsequently with no issues from him so far.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #31117
fz6kd7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 797
two of the most dangerous types of people no matter what country are drugged up or with mental problems, they feel no physical pain and have no moral boundaries about killing or harming others, and a very few may actually be controlled by spirits other than themselves.
so far i haven't had any problems with animals or people.
are you allowed to have pepper spray or stun guns for protection?
fz6kd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #31118
inyang
5secs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz6kd7 View Post
two of the most dangerous types of people no matter what country are drugged up or with mental problems,

are you allowed to have pepper spray or stun guns for protection?
You can, I used to, have stopped though, too many AKs and small arms floating around here.

Not a good idea to spray someone carrying a bigger sprayer.

Most of the 'homeless' people on the streets here leave you alone if you avoid them.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #31119
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 8,108
Quote:

I found the exact spot I think. Google maps FTW! Just imagine it's getting dark folks are on the pavement drinking flagons of the finest malt beverage.

Keswick Cycle not far from there.

Ahh yeah, sketchy as fuck over there. Going for landspeed records?
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #31120
soewe812
Wag more Bark less

Oddometer: 1,003
Did a 90 mile ride today. Chased the thunderstorms the whole way, but only got a few sprinkles. Apparently I missed the lighting and hail that hit about 30 minute before me. There was one double set of train tracks that were good and wet and crossed the road at a 45 degree angle though. Bunny hopped the first track at around 19 mph but only got the front wheel over the second set. Rear end kicked out to the right about 30 degrees. My right leg came against the top tube so hard for control that it got a nasty bruise. Saved it though. Glad it was wet enough that I didn't high side when it kicked back. I think I may have re greased my chamois though I am officially toast now. I suspect I will be rather sore tomorrow after the acrobatics of today.

soewe812 screwed with this post 09-17-2013 at 04:10 PM
soewe812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #31121
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,772
Buying at wholesale for export?

A friend and fellow cyclist from Britain was here recently and wants me to look into the possibility of supplying him with cycle gear and parts. He already has an on-line business, so it wouldn't be difficult to expand his inventory to include these things. The question is, what kind of paperwork would I need to buy at wholesale cost from manufacturers? Would a business license suffice?

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #31122
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

It's been years since I was in the business and I'm not sure what it is you're trying to supply him.

Generally there are dealer agreements for bigger suppliers and those pertain to how much you're going to buy in a year.

People are probably going to need more information.

I can buy nearly everything from clothes to forks to chainsets for less money from England even with shipping so I'm sure you've worked some angle that makes sense for you to buy it here and then feed it to him across the pond.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #31123
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soewe812 View Post
Did a 90 mile ride today. Chased the thunderstorms the whole way, but only got a few sprinkles. Apparently I missed the lighting and hail that hit about 30 minute before me. There was one double set of train tracks that were good and wet and crossed the road at a 45 degree angle though. Bunny hopped the first track at around 19 mph but only got the front wheel over the second set. Rear end kicked out to the right about 30 degrees. My right leg came against the top tube so hard for control that it got a nasty bruise. Saved it though. Glad it was wet enough that I didn't high side when it kicked back. I think I may have re greased my chamois though I am officially toast now. I suspect I will be rather sore tomorrow after the acrobatics of today.

That looks like a very nice ride and well done on the mileage! I'm happy you didn't fold up your rear wheel on the slide.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #31124
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
A friend and fellow cyclist from Britain was here recently and wants me to look into the possibility of supplying him with cycle gear and parts. He already has an on-line business, so it wouldn't be difficult to expand his inventory to include these things. The question is, what kind of paperwork would I need to buy at wholesale cost from manufacturers? Would a business license suffice?

For sure, QBP requires a storefront.

I'm not sure what you could supply that he can't already get over there.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #31125
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,772
Quote:
It's been years since I was in the business and I'm not sure what it is you're trying to supply him.

Generally there are dealer agreements for bigger suppliers and those pertain to how much you're going to buy in a year.

People are probably going to need more information.

I can buy nearly everything from clothes to forks to chainsets for less money from England even with shipping so I'm sure you've worked some angle that makes sense for you to buy it here and then feed it to him across the pond.
I'm surprised to hear that. When I was in the UK, most things cost about the same in pounds as they cost here in dollars, or 1:1.8, at 2005 exchange rates.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: