Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #181
Hooksta
Hook

Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaico
When you say you are measuring from "right between the two screws near the bottom of the windshield" do you mean you are measuring from that point or from the actual bottom edge of the screen Hooksta? When I measure mine I go from that "point" at the middle bottom edge of the screen to the top.
I am measuring FROM the point between the screws...kind of right on the support arm you can see in JVB's picture. From that point up my Givi screen is exactly on the nose 17.5". You can see that is very close to the bottom of the screen (if you are looking at the bottom left screw).
Hooksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #182
mrmaico OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooksta
I am measuring FROM the point between the screws...kind of right on the support arm you can see in JVB's picture. From that point up my Givi screen is exactly on the nose 17.5". You can see that is very close to the bottom of the screen (if you are looking at the bottom left screw).
It sounds like you have the short one. Measuring mine like you do I get 17 1/2".
It sounds like you have the tall one Jim, measuring mine like you do, straight down the center, I get 18 1/4. I sent that one back because in order for me to see over it I had to have it tilted way back. Don't you have trouble seeing over the top?

Barry
mrmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #183
mrmaico OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdawg
I've got a question about the Givi Screen the 1200GS.

I ordered a D330ST from RL Cycles and it was shipped to me directly from Givi. When I opened the box the plastic wrapping on the windshield says 330DT, and it didn't come with the Adventure style support brackets that mount through the holes and provide additional support further up on the windshield. I have a regular 1200GS so I don't have the additional support bracket like there is on the 1200 Adventure. RL is closed today, so no answers from them.

Should the additional support brackets have come with the D330ST windscreeen, or do I have to order another kit from Givi, or buy the Adventure supports?
Just checked my invoice......D330ST. Sounds like they just sent you the replacement screen sans brackets.

Barry
mrmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #184
waterdawg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Mystery solved. The guy at RL Motorycycles checked his voicemail and email this afternoon even through they were closed. The support brackets were supposed to come with the 330ST windscreen when it shipped direct from Givi to me. Apparenty it is a second kit that they need to ship with the windscreen. He got on the line with Givi and they are shipping the support brackets out UPS 2nd day air, so I should have them by Tuesday. The guy at RL was very responsive and apologized for the error...even though it was Givi, not RL...nice guy.
waterdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #185
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Givi windscreen installed

All,

Thanks for all the information posted in this thread. I have found much of it very pertinent, and definitely helped me make a decision to go with the Givi screen. While there has been discussion regarding the vertical dimension of the windscreen, mine measures just around 17.5 inches from the lower front mounting holes upto the top.

Based on a quick run around the block, I think much of the buffeting woes have been eliminated. The combination of BMW wind wings, and the Givi windscreen should be a great pair.

Here are several images illustrating the setup.

Doug...
Attached Images

dougs650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #186
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

Rider view

Here is a view from the riders perspective.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #187
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

left winglet

Here is a close up of the left winglet installation.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #188
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

right winglet

Here is a close up of the right winglet installation.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #189
waterdawg
Adventurer

Nice pictures of your set-up. The one thing I can't tell is if you trimmed the bottom point on the Givi for your installation - with where the winglet lines up with the edge of the screen it looks like you might have. I've got a Givi and it looks like I'd have to trim the points of the bottom of the screen if I mounted the winglets where you did in order for the bottom edge of the screen to not have interference with the front of the winglet if the wind screen is moved down.

Did you trim the Givi bottom points off?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #190
Hooksta
Hook

Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdawg
Nice pictures of your set-up. The one thing I can't tell is if you trimmed the bottom point on the Givi for your installation - with where the winglet lines up with the edge of the screen it looks like you might have. I've got a Givi and it looks like I'd have to trim the points of the bottom of the screen if I mounted the winglets where you did in order for the bottom edge of the screen to not have interference with the front of the winglet if the wind screen is moved down.

Did you trim the Givi bottom points off?
You will either have to mount the winglets further out (which I am not sure I would recommend) or trim the edge as you described. I mounted mine winglets nearly identical to the photos posted just above and I only have about half the adjustment available now from my Givi. That is okay because I never ran mine all the way up anyhow. But I do easily have at least the 4 lowest adjustments available with this setup. Anymore I would have to trim the edge of the screen.
Hooksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #191
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

no trimming required

WaterDawg,

No, I did not have to trim anything off the Givi windscreen. The attached images illustrate the clearances available between the winglets and windscreen. I hope these help.

Doug...
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #192
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

The other side

Here is a picture of the other side showing the clearances.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #193
waterdawg
Adventurer

I have my Givi in a higher position than you - the second position from the highest position, and if I locate the winglets like in your picture the points on the end of the Givi run into the winglets. I like the way you have it positioned, where the left edge of the winglet is "inside" the inside edge of the windscreen. But, I'm guessing if you raised the Givi to the top position or second from the top position the point on the Givi would hit the winglet - right?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #194
dougs650
Beastly Adventurer

contact

WaterDawg,

I just checked my setup, and the winglets do start to contact the windscreen at one notch below the highest setting. If you are set on having the Givi shield at the most upright position, a few minutes with a flat file grinding off the point will do the trick. Good luck.

Doug...
Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #195
mishii247
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
gsp mount

Doug, Can you tell us how you have your GPS mounted and maybe some photos? It is a very clean set-up and I would like to check it out.

Thannks, Mike.
mishii247 is offline   Reply With Quote