Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
coaxial OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
used weestrom price?

Hi guys,

I'm on the market for a better bike, especially one more suited to long distances such as my planned alaska trip. My dream bike would be 800GS or maybe 650GS, or a new DL650 wee strom.

However I can't afford any of those. Weestrom is the most economical at $8000 CAD, $9400 out the door with taxes and such.

OR, this used one below. Is it a good deal? its got a few scuffs and some mileage but I actually like that, I wouldn't be scared to scratch it or worried about breaking it in. It's got a custom made skidplate and windshield, and crash bars, and some soft luggage. Seems like a good deal to me at $5900 CAD

Thoughts?

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...00km_blue.aspx

Thanks in advance!!
coaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,439
Looks nice, but I wouldn't pay 6 grand for a used one. Look in the flea market for a month or two and you'll get a better deal, even if you have to "fly and ride".

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
coaxial OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Canadian used vehicle prices are strangely high, this seems low comparatively, sadly enough.

Not sure if it's worthwhile importing from the USA. I do keep an eye on the seattle/area used market.
coaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,439
Well there you go. It's really not that high of a price, I just figured if you were on a serious budget, you wouldn't mind waiting longer for a more "used" bike and lower cost.....

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote