User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
kpick OP
Free Range Human

Oddometer: 699
Thumbs down Al Baker's XR's only - sucks

Just giving everyone a heads up here on some really bad service from your “friends” at XR’s only.
I ordered a few parts three weeks ago off the net. I received an email saying they sent the items on Jun. 28th via UPS and all is good. After three weeks, no parts. I put a call into XR’s only and am told that they could not get all the parts I ordered so they waited a week for the manufacture to send the part. After they did not get the part from the manufacture, they just canceled my order. No call, no email nothing. I asked the guy if this seem ok to him and he tells me that they are very busy and don’t have time to follow up on all orders. In a smug way I say “So you’re telling me, you don’t really give a shit”.
He says “Yeah, I guess your right”.
Maybe this will help get the word out to fellow ADV’ers so you can take your business to another vender.
KP

www.NationalCPRCertification.com
kpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,838
4strokesonly.com

I could say the same thing about www.4strokesonly.com where they sell XR and other dirt bike stuff. I"ve been trying to get one part for weeks on end. I call sometimes they answer, sometimes they don't. They never return calls or emails.. and their whole attitude is a "who cares"..

My previous buying experience from them was dismal too, some brackets were missing and they said they'd send them but never did.. I was going to give them a second chance, but they can't even be bothered to tell me if the item is now in stock.. Avoid.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
If you're a member at thumpertalk, post it there. There are a LOT of XR guys there.
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,721
Thats to bad

I just purchased quite a few thing from XR's only & had them within a week. One thing i NEVER do is order on line, i like to speak to a live person & find out if they even have what im looking for in stock.
Mike childress runs it now & if you have a problem speak with him, he's a stand up guy.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
Django Loco
Banned

Oddometer: 3,785
Thumb

Only based on various scuttlebutt and rumors, I've not heard many good things about XR's Only since Al Baker passed. I know they've had problems there. No idea whats going on these days. I would ignore their hype and go
elsewhere.

Seems some of these SoCal outfits suffer from too much easy money selling overpriced products to uninformed buyers.

Without much competiton and tie ins with the dirt bike press.....who are their neighbors....they continue to keep the doors open despite the CRAP service.

If you read the dirt bike mags or check on Thumper Talk for good vendors
you may do better in future. There are good folks down there, have to dig them out. I would slag the bad outfits relentlessly, here and on TT and anywhere else dirt bike guys hang out on line. Many vendors are still ignorant
of the power the internet has to affect their business.

I've had good luck with Baja Designs.
Django Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #6
Hocturem
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Cool2 Al baker's service

I ordered from Al Baker's XR's only and did not have a problem. Good service, in general, is disappearing as web ordering makes things even less personal than a letter or phone call. Coming from someone in customer service, it is the consumer's fault for not taking the time to complain to the manager of these places to keep their emplyees in check. You aren't being a snitch, just someone trying to get what they paid for. If that doesn't work, find another source and complain about the old one.
Hocturem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
springcreekrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I had no problem with the order that I placed with them and they were the only folks that advertised the item that I wanted. Maybe they just hit you wrong?? Or you got someone on a bad day??
springcreekrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
jupiter119
n00b

Oddometer: 2
XR's Only Was On The Ball

I ordered a smog delete kit from them for my XR650L and it was shipped very quickly with no problems whatsoever. The kit came with a 2 page instruction sheet, the first page was worded instructions and the second a picture diagram. The picture diagram was faded and hard to read but I didn't need it because the step by step instruction sheet was easy to follow. In the past, I've picked up all my parts from the warehouse(when I visit CA) but this last order was over the internet and satisfactory. No, I don't work for them but just wanted to share my positive experience.
jupiter119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
Here's the deal. This spring, I purchased a billet XR's Only rack for my XR200. I installed it, making sure the bolts were tight. I rode the bike a couple times then noticed that one of the bolts/spacers had vibrated loose and were missing. The spacer is aluminum and is made so you can run a nylon strap through it to secure your load. So, I contacted XR's only to see if I could get the spacer. I talked to a guy and he said he'd send me one out, no charge. So, a couple weeks went by and nothing. I called back again and the guy said he had forgotten to send it out, but he would do it now. I wait a couple weeks, nothing. So, I call back and get ahold of a guy named Chris, he told me that the guy I was dealing with was out to lunch and that he would call me back when he got back. Of course, I never got a call back. I called a couple days later and finally got Chris to agree to send me a part, but I would be charged shipping, fine. Again a couple weeks goes by, no part. I call back again, and Chris tells me he sent the part out, but he'd go ahead and send out another one. Based on the previous service from them, I'm pretty sure he never sent anything out and was just lying to me, because again a couple weeks went by and I received nothing. I finally sent an email at the beginning of the week. I still haven't heard anything back. In the email I told them that I would be letting the people on the forums I frequent about the poor service I received, I hope this helps anybody who was thinking about ordering from them. They lost a customer in me because they couldn't send out a measly little part, even though they told me multiple times that they would.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 809
KTM America too

My 950 Adventure has defective cams and KTM America says that the pitting and uneven wear is only cosmetic. Even though I called them 3-5 times a day and left multiple messages with different employees I still recieved no calls back or emails on their verdict. Yet the dealership and my friend who called as a concerned 950 owner both got two calls back each. KTM makes pretty good bikes, They clearly dont stand behind their product and their customer service is non-existant. I shouldn't have to learn Austrian to get some damn service. So if you have a KTM then your on your own.
1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
monkeyfez
Enabler....

Oddometer: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818
My 950 Adventure has defective cams and KTM America says that the pitting and uneven wear is only cosmetic. Even though I called them 3-5 times a day and left multiple messages with different employees I still recieved no calls back or emails on their verdict. Yet the dealership and my friend who called as a concerned 950 owner both got two calls back each. KTM makes pretty good bikes, They clearly dont stand behind their product and their customer service is non-existant. I shouldn't have to learn Austrian to get some damn service. So if you have a KTM then your on your own.
and what exactly does this have to do with XR's Only?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
I ordered $300 in parts for my XR250 on Monday night, they shipped Tuesday and I received them today (Thursday). Good service and parts as far as I'm concerned..
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,114
Also the CutnCurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818
Just like you guys, I went for a haircut the other day. The girl was clearly not busy, but she failed to acknowledge me, so I said, "Like, you gonna give me a trim, or what?" She said, "I don't care if you get a cut or not." So if you have an XR, and need a haircut from the CutnCurl, you're doubly screwed.

Also, is Austrian a language, or I am I wrong to think they speak German?
Old 10-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #14
ZEmann
want to be riding

Oddometer: 637
sorry old thread but I was wondering if We had any more recent experiences with
xr's only ( not haircuts or KTM LOL) without Me starting a new thread

thx
ZEmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,299
Yep i purchase from them often ...no problems ....speak to Zabrina ..she will get you sorted ...great company
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote