ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2006, 05:54 AM   #166
Gregorius
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Laugh Tolerant wife??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell

And what does Mrs. Powercell think of having your tools and bikes in the kitchen?? lolol

Greg
Gregorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #167
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rRid3r
No offence, but PROPER would be you blasting a fat, roost-spitting air up the side of the cat track and LANDING where you are in that pic. A friggin CBR600 could make it to that spot. A 100 hp Enduro. My god, that thing should already have bald tires for crying out loud! Anyone with one of these 'to be lusted after' beasts got some real pics? A squirelly, one wheel up in the air, hill climb? Big air? LITTLE air? Come on guys, use it or lose it...
Where are your pictures? I am betting you have a GS w/street tires on it. Put up or shut up. I bet these guys ride more than you. They put up pics, I see none from you. I have a 06 950s and put on 5500 miles in less than a month dirt and street solo so no pics roostin or wheelies. I bet if you come to my area with whatever you ride i could school you so close the hole in you head before the birds nest there.
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...=all#imgAnch22
shut up until you show us some pics, YOU are the poser.
To therest of you guys right f**kin on love the rides if I could find a reason to own one I would, but i have what I need already.
StihlRigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #168
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rRid3r
Ah sweetness! You are all very lucky to be in a position to already enjoy what the SE be bringin. Doc, the Transalp was an alltime fav of mine. I started learning about the Euro style dual-sport/Dakar'esque machines in the late 80's early 90's. As you know, we haven't had pick of the run in that particular market segment here in North America until recently. Back in the day the Dakar GS (rare) and the Transalp (just as rare) were about it. I've always had a boner for V-Twins, so the TA was a no-brainer. One day I finally found one. She was top notch on fire-roads (we call em logging roads in BC), decent on-road, and after I was comfortable with her and had her shod with Maxxis 6006's, I very decidedly took that TA where I likely shouldn't have, many times over. My dirt bike skills saved the day often. The KTM SE seems like what I always wished my TA was, with a little 300EXC thrown in for good measure (beefed up forks, risers, etc.) In the end, I sold it because it wasn't quite enough road bike or dirt bike. I have toyed with the idea of owning an Adventure 950, but always found myself reading articles and posts about desert racing one at 100+ mph. Consequently, I reasoned that the abilities that that particular machine offers would find it lacking for the 'ultra long-haul' trips that I want to pursue (I got unfinished business from Costa Rica, south), and also slightly in the 'pure off-road' discipline. I realize it's no slouch when it comes to off-roading in the right hands, but you know...the SE really seems to fit the bill. I'm sure there will be a large tank available soon, as far as that goes. Anyways, enjoy your Uber Enduros! Get those crazy action shots as they come. I know the camera isn't always first priority when a fellow is out ripping, but set up a few shots for us poor sods that aren't quite in the market for one just yet. Deal? Ride on...
You are an idiot the trans alp is a street bike unless you ride an Africa twin. The 950 adventure is made for just that, adventure. Street at 110mph or gravel at 110mph, logging roads, single track, double track, these bikes will do it and fast. The SE is better at all accept the pavement for long distance. Don't even try to compare these to those crappy rice burners you have been riding. I used to have a pimped out DR650 upgraded suspension and pumped up motor, it was fast as hell and sucked at everything. You 300exc is a great dirt bike but that is it. Just shut your hole and you learn how to ride. I am not anything special but judging from your posts you are even less. If you can't appreciate these bikes then go back to TT and talk your shiite there you don't even ride a big bike, you ride little girlie bikes. My GF rides my 950s and my KX500, I bet she could teach you a thing or two.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #169
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMONDOG
I Didnt Try To Get You Guys To Hate Me.sorry.but I Have An Extensive Riding History In Motocross ,hare Scrambles, And Even A Little Road Racing Background.and I Have About 30 Or So Trophys To Prove It. Like I Said Only About 20% Of The People Here Can Truly Ride .
!00% of the people here can ride. Not all can ride as good as you because you have trophies. What if some of us don't want to race? What if while you were at the race and rode four 2hrs and got a trophy the rest of us were adventure touring 6-10 hrs a day on a 485lb dirtbike(950s w/5.8gallons of fuel) on singletrack, doubletrack and 4x4 roads? Arer you a better rider than me. I doubt it. I have some trophies to. That doesn't mean I am a better rider than the rest of these folks, it just means i was better than the guys that iI raced on those trophy days. If you think you are all that come out to Oregon and I will let my 56yr old friend school you all day long on your bike of choice. He has over 200 trophies and rides a 04 950s. He also rides a KTM450exc, CR500, and a XR650r. I think maybe you are to cool for me, but I bet my GF is a better rider than you.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #170
Manny Fagnet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
I bet she could teach you a thing or two.

Like how to put up with living alongside a loud-mouthed opinionated twat ?

Manny Fagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:24 AM   #171
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander
You guys are really starting to hack me OFF! Posting all these pictures of 100hp dirt bikes is so....so... reckless and irresponsible. Don't you guys know that some people are trapped in fixed incomes in the form of school teachers contracts that won't be up for at least another year! What's worse is that I'm, I mean they, are already spending all of the money that their grown kids are planning to get when I, I mean, they, die! These people see this stuff dangling out there on this sight and react by making foolish purchases like HID headlites and titanium bits...and dirtbikes that go 130 mph!!! Shame on you all!! Now pardon me while I head over to my KTM dealer. I think I can still get there before they close....
Now that attitude I understand. It is all about the priorities. I don't have SE but I do have a 950s adv. I just can't figure out what to use one for. I have 4 bikes already and they fit my needs perfectly, but I want one of these SEs really bad. If only I could figure out a reason for me to own one. I already have the 950 adv., a 450, a KX500 and SDG mini. These SEs are sick. Wish I hadf more disposable income so I could buy one just because.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:40 AM   #172
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Fagnet
Like how to put up with living alongside a loud-mouthed opinionated twat ?

I just don't dig people that think they are all that. I enjoy riding and don't like people that think that they are better than others you included. I read you posts and didn't reply because you didn't piss me off. The other guy just talked shiite. He doesn't even ride a big bike. Do you? If not than you have no idea what we enjoy about them. Not all of us on this site are racers but we are are riders and enjoy the sport. If you and the other guy are jealous than do something about it, like set your priorities up so you can ride more and enjoy the sport instead of talk shiite to us folks that have our priorities where we want them-riding as much as we can. If you want to talk smack go hang out in JO Mama.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #173
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Hey manny fagnet, I just saw your other post. So you do ride big bikes, Why are you flaming people here? Seems to me these people love their bikes and are riding them. Isn't that the point? Whether they ride as hard as other people is not the point. The point is we love these big bikes and use them. That's it nothing more.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #174
Manny Fagnet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Do you? If not than you have no idea what we enjoy about them
No.

I just have 4 bikes in my garage to look at.

How do they start ?

Is it with that key thingy by the handlebars ?
Manny Fagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:57 AM   #175
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Fagnet
No.

I just have 4 bikes in my garage to look at.

How do they start ?

Is it with that key thingy by the handlebars ?
I only have a key for the 950s adv. First bike i have ever owned with a key. I am not trying to flame you but hey you are flicking me shit for stepping up to the asshat from my original post.
By the way the pirelli scorpians are great street tires the stick quite well and work ok in the dirt as long as it is not sand or mud. I put 5500miles on mine before the rear was toast.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #176
lostlobos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Here's a pic of my SE

Thought this was supposed to be a picture thread so here s a pic ot my SE

lostlobos screwed with this post 12-23-2006 at 10:33 PM
lostlobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #177
lostlobos
Adventurer

Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #178
lostlobos
Adventurer

Old 09-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #179
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Thanks lostlobos, nice to se some pics in what is supposed to be a picture thread
Old 09-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #180
Jolly705 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,405
Here are a few pics from my trip to VT. There is a ride report here but I think you need to me a member to see all the pics. I still have to figure out how to post multiple pics here before I can do ride reports

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=20703
Attached Images

Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote