Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,579
Looks fantastic!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #4382
Grayspeed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Oh yes, very nice. I look at their website every few days and each time it gets closer and closer to buying one of those kits!
Grayspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #4383
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Thanks guys, it looks fantastic, really happy with the kit, well made, light and looks the biz! Only problem is I messed up the graphics putting them on so dont look closely!

Also fitted up the GPR full 2-1 system, it doesnt come with the correct brackets so need to make some up this weekend to finish the job off. Couple of thoughts, looks great, would need to remove the system for an oil change to get at the oil filter and need to shop out the GiT bash plate to fit around it. Also not sure if it will run hotter, seems to run very close to the Rad and clutch cover which might increase the overall temp.

Work in progress...

wilso122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #4384
Dan950ser
NW Shredder

Oddometer: 329
Nice build can't wait to hear more about the gpr 2-1.

2013 KTM 300 SX: converted into woods weapon
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #4385
Trogg
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Just a quick heads up!!!! just remember to wrap some exhaust cloth tape around the exhaust from the small carbon heat shield to the bottom of the exhaust springs; otherwise you will burn/melt a lovely hole in your rallye pants!! expensive and it hurts. Don't ask how I know. Brilliant system, I have mine fitted with akro tail titanium pipe, on my 950 adventure, with SE back end (swingarm/shock). So I kind of half belong here!! VBR trogg.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #4386
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogg View Post
Just a quick heads up!!!! just remember to wrap some exhaust cloth tape around the exhaust from the small carbon heat shield to the bottom of the exhaust springs; otherwise you will burn/melt a lovely hole in your rallye pants!! expensive and it hurts. Don't ask how I know. Brilliant system, I have mine fitted with akro tail titanium pipe, on my 950 adventure, with SE back end (swingarm/shock). So I kind of half belong here!! VBR trogg.

Cool good tip, was thinking about a ceramic wrap but don't know enough about them to do it.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #4387
Trogg
n00b

Go onto ebay and have a look for 2" exhaust tape/cloth ( I went for white as the heat eventually turns it the same colour as exhaust). Choose one with the stainless metal cable ties. You need to buy 1 metre length. When you cut the cloth , fold end slightly back (1/2") on it's self and place this bit face down on exhaust. Then wrap around over it's self once tightly and then overlap along the pipe. Use the first metal tie to secure the beginning lap in middle. On reaching the end cut cloth, half inch longer and fold back as in beginning and secure with tie. Tightly wounding will secure the rest in place. Problem solved. This exhaust really gets hot here and will also loosen the carbob shild. You can even lose it!!. I used copper grease and really tighten - check after riding or pre - riding, as you always check your bike over !!! trogg
Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #4388
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Top man cheers Trogg, never used this stuff before, do you have a picture you can load up?

This the stuff you mean? guessing it is...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-10mt-Thermal-Heat-Wrap-Shield-Ties-for-Exhaust-Manifold-Downpipe-Tape-/250877040121?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a696fd5f9

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #4389
SE Steve
Super Noob

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilso122 View Post
Thanks guys, it looks fantastic, really happy with the kit, well made, light and looks the biz! Only problem is I messed up the graphics putting them on so dont look closely!

Also fitted up the GPR full 2-1 system, it doesnt come with the correct brackets so need to make some up this weekend to finish the job off. Couple of thoughts, looks great, would need to remove the system for an oil change to get at the oil filter and need to shop out the GiT bash plate to fit around it. Also not sure if it will run hotter, seems to run very close to the Rad and clutch cover which might increase the overall temp.

Work in progress...

More pictures! Looks good
SE Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #4390
GSingWI
Drunken Irishman

Oddometer: 575
SE with a Trail Tech 8"

Added a windshield and headlight cover

http://pjm1.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/.../IMG0337-L.jpg
GSingWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #4391
Trogg
n00b

Hi, that's the correct cloth and metal tie's you need - Never uploaded a picture so I will have a try!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #4392
wilso122
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking GPR 2-1 rally designs kit

Not wrapped the system as yet but got round to fitting it up making some support hangers.

The GPR system is fantastic, seems to make a difference when riding as it feels like the power delivery is a lot smoother through the range. Bizarrely seems quieter than the twin akras, might have to whip out the rear baffle and then see No idea if there is any difference in the ADV one or not as this came with the ADV hanger and nothing for the SE, so either the same or got sent the wrong one that fits...... Anyway very very happy with the look, sound and performance so far..

Also fitted up the low fender, and had a tidy up of the tail but completly messed up the plate.. never mind

Needed to cut out the bash plate to make it fit round the GPR

Overall pretty happy with the result

wilso122 screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 02:25 PM Reason: forgot piccy....
Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #4393
Balsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Cool2

Quote:

Looks great!!! Is the diameter the same as original? I'm looking for a fatter version to fit my SE with a 990 SDR motor, which has larger exhausts. Do you have a photo also of the exhaust pipe out of the rear cylinder?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #4394
randel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
It's amazing how so many people are complaining about new KTM 1190 Adventure header location and how it makes it a "road-only" bike.
Nice bike!

Quote:
Not wrapped the system as yet but got round to fitting it up making some support hangers.

The GPR system is fantastic, seems to make a difference when riding as it feels like the power delivery is a lot smoother through the range. Bizarrely seems quieter than the twin akras, might have to whip out the rear baffle and then see No idea if there is any difference in the ADV one or not as this came with the ADV hanger and nothing for the SE, so either the same or got sent the wrong one that fits...... Anyway very very happy with the look, sound and performance so far..

Also fitted up the low fender, and had a tidy up of the tail but completly messed up the plate.. never mind

randel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #4395
David P.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Wow!!! That looks amazing, Jez!!! My compliments on the result, what a rally monster you've got there!!

I have a new rear tank lying around if you want to complete the rally look, that you may get at a good price.

Once again, mouthwatering stuff ( I may be a bit biased though.. ;) )!