Old 08-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #46
kejago
Kev. Haute Savoie, France

Oddometer: 1,168
Or like so:
Attached Images

K: Kejago - That's me!
T: Travel - Go on a journey, go on a voyage, go from one place to another
M: Machine - Man-made device made up of interconnected parts that work together to perform a given task or function
kejago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #47
b737jets
Baja Explorer

Oddometer: 164
Okay Here's Mine on the way back from Big Bear running some fire roads........
"
my only complaint " the seat's gotta go !!!!!!!!!!! "

b737jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:31 AM   #48
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,354
So has your camera - it's made your pic come out a funny colour!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #49
greenlanedave
n00b

Oddometer: 4
nice

there's not a side it don't look good from...

XT 600
DR 800
110 Defender
1957 Series one

...we don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
greenlanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 AM   #50
jagsy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
great pictures.
jagsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #51
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 892
Colors

Nice siepa toned image. Next time park it next to something in context with the image style like a Crocker flat tracker!
The Sala images remind me of the response from Meoni during his winning PD on the 950 Adventure when asked by the American team how he managed to ride the 950 so fast in deep sand. His response, "Ride it like a 125--full throttle. That will keep the front end light."
Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #52
Ub3rRid3r
I ride.

Oddometer: 5
Ah sweetness! You are all very lucky to be in a position to already enjoy what the SE be bringin. Doc, the Transalp was an alltime fav of mine. I started learning about the Euro style dual-sport/Dakar'esque machines in the late 80's early 90's. As you know, we haven't had pick of the run in that particular market segment here in North America until recently. Back in the day the Dakar GS (rare) and the Transalp (just as rare) were about it. I've always had a boner for V-Twins, so the TA was a no-brainer. One day I finally found one. She was top notch on fire-roads (we call em logging roads in BC), decent on-road, and after I was comfortable with her and had her shod with Maxxis 6006's, I very decidedly took that TA where I likely shouldn't have, many times over. My dirt bike skills saved the day often. The KTM SE seems like what I always wished my TA was, with a little 300EXC thrown in for good measure (beefed up forks, risers, etc.) In the end, I sold it because it wasn't quite enough road bike or dirt bike. I have toyed with the idea of owning an Adventure 950, but always found myself reading articles and posts about desert racing one at 100+ mph. Consequently, I reasoned that the abilities that that particular machine offers would find it lacking for the 'ultra long-haul' trips that I want to pursue (I got unfinished business from Costa Rica, south), and also slightly in the 'pure off-road' discipline. I realize it's no slouch when it comes to off-roading in the right hands, but you know...the SE really seems to fit the bill. I'm sure there will be a large tank available soon, as far as that goes. Anyways, enjoy your Uber Enduros! Get those crazy action shots as they come. I know the camera isn't always first priority when a fellow is out ripping, but set up a few shots for us poor sods that aren't quite in the market for one just yet. Deal? Ride on...
Ub3rRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #53
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
one of them fast racers

MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #54
ROADCAPTAIN
ROADCAPTAIN

Oddometer: 93
"Waiting for the Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40
What the hell are you up to Mr.Powercell? Some sort of evil Desert Racer or WHAT??? Looking forward to seeing this baby finished.
Can't wait to see it.....I just love people who can't leave thing alone!
ROADCAPTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #55
LAPTRAFFIC
RIP, Wes...

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell
Here's mine.....................

screww that SE...how bout postin a photo of that Husaberg 750E
lt
LAPTRAFFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #56
ALMONDOG
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I Laugh When Im On This Site.i Bet Only 20% Of The People Here Can Really Ride.nobody Needs A 100hp. Dirtbike.and Maybe Only A Handfull Of People Can Use This Bike To It Fullest .its All About Who Can Afford The Most Expensive Bike Or Who Has The Nicest Panniers .
ALMONDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #57
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,484
You want action!

Here ya go! ALMONDOG, get back on your HODAKA!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #58
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMONDOG
I Laugh When Im On This Site.i Bet Only 20% Of The People Here Can Really Ride.nobody Needs A 100hp. Dirtbike.and Maybe Only A Handfull Of People Can Use This Bike To It Fullest .its All About Who Can Afford The Most Expensive Bike Or Who Has The Nicest Panniers .

what a dorkYou see all those 65 year old dudes on exc bikes at dual sport rides? they dont ride them to go 100 mph, they ride them because of the light feel and the ability to go over terrain that would make other bikes puke
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #59
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
There are people out there fortunate enough to buy bikes like this just because they can. If manufacturers made only what we could ride to its full potential, we'd all be running about on 125's.

Manufacturers sell dreams, it's nice to see that a few can actually buy and enjoy them. Whether the enjoyment is from ownership or the ability to ride it flat out is immaterial.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #60
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 892
Laughter

Quote:
I am amused when I read such badly composed (with ridiculous punctuation) sentences from people who have never raced or ridden difficult terrain on any sort of bike. Almondog, it is exceedingly perverse to express sour grapes on this web site. You can return to your isolated solitary role in failure if you have nothing to contribute.
Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote