Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 06:48 AM   #1
freaking RT OP
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,063
OK boys and girls the thread has been split. from this date forward please post here for the trip May2-3-4, 2003 to NC and DG.

this looks fun and I'm going to find that road!!!
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map

freaking RT screwed with this post 11-21-2008 at 02:56 PM
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:44 AM   #2
freaking RT OP
will golf for food

here's how we can managed with a large riding group. I think we can pull it off. I see the group getting split into 3 or so smaller groups.

1. the route and destination will be posted for all.
2. everybody will have a room reservation (for a final head count)
3. if the group get's split up, so be it. because it will. do not try and keep the group together
4. nobody get's left behind to ride alone.
5. riders will be responsible for the rider behind them
6. riders will ride their own pace. and should be thinking about paring up with similar type riders.
7. riders should be planning their own local rides for Saturday. Some will want to go to DG, others may not.
8. have cell phone numbers available

the motels at Little Switzerland will be full on the first weekend in May due to another riding group. So I'm thinking either Blowing Rock or Hot Springs, NC area would be good.
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 02-07-2003, 06:02 AM   #3
freaking RT OP
will golf for food

The plan is The Alpine Inn for Friday night. Then the Blowing Rock Inn for Saturday night. the lady at the Blowing Rock has already agreed to put up with us. That'll get us headed back north and give us a stopping place with warm food and cold beer down the street. (We'll leave the titty bar run to something philspace organizes yeah right .)

Just plan to hook up with whoever and make it to the Alpine Inn, Friday May 2, 2003

Saturday rides are up to YOU to organize and work out. I'll post a route for a Saturday day trip soon. Those that want DG need to hook up. The GS'er are being taken care of by Hank and Ed.

Then we'll see ya at Blowing Rock Inn for Saturday night May 3 and an absolutely, great, freaking burger at Cheeseburger in Paradise, right down the street. I also found a mexician place called Tijuana Fats' down the street. They have bands on the weekends.

I have sent BR Inn an e-mail asking for confirmation on the availability of 10 rooms for Saturday. I'll call the Alpine Inn this weekend and see if they have rooms available.
IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map

freakingRTrider screwed with this post 03-29-2003 at 01:45 PM
Old 02-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Just

A gentle reminder of who said they were in:

1. Eap
2. HarveyMushman
3. Mkolb
4. Mr Bill
5. FreakingRT
6. sherpa
7. k12RSSteve
8. Gary Martin
9. Stobie
10. Rogue
11. Barry
12. MK
13. Ergo
14. ikigi
15. Stromtrooper246
16. Hunter
17. R1100Rick
18. Pep (MIA)
19. lenq
20. pfestus1
21. SprinterRS

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:40 PM   #5
pfestus1
Slasher

Oddometer: 604
Laugh Ridin' To Little Switzerland....

ta da! I've been looking over the maps a lot lately. I have come up with an idea for a route to get from my place in Copper Hill to Little Switzerland that does not involve a lot of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Not that the BRP is a bad way to get there, its just that I've been that way before, and it cost me a bunch of money for "improper passing". ( I swear I was inocent )
As far as I know, my bro, Ed, plans to arrive at my house on Thursday evening, so we can spend all day Friday getting to Little Switz. Anyone else who would like to join us, I have plenty of space and hospitality, so come on to Copper Hill Thursday (Near Roanoke). Those coming on down from N. Virginia will be coming close to my house when you get on the Parkway, and you might consider this or part of this route also. Here goes, follow on your own map:

BRP south to US 58 at Meadows of Dan, a little past US 58 bear left off BRP on state route (sr) 614, Squirel Spur Rd. This road will have you giggling (if not, you should be riding a 50cc moped). 614 to a RIGHT on sr 103 into N.C. and into Mount Airy. (aka Mayberry)
US 601 south out of Mt. Airy to Fairview Crossroads and RIGHT on sr 268. Follow 268 through Elkin, N. Wilksboro, Wilksboro, Elkville, to Jct. US 321. (just north of Lenoir). Cross 321 onto Seltzers Creek Rd. over to sr 90. RIGHT on sr 90. At Collettsville take sr 2, Adako Rd. to Jct. sr 181. RIGHT on 181 will take you up to the Parkway. Or if time allows, LEFT on 181, RIGHT on Rose Creek Rd. to Table Rock. Right @ Table Rock, then LEFT on Fish Hatchery Rd. to sr. 126. RIGHT on 126, at Longtown, RIGHT on "OLd 105". This road was recomended to me by a local. Old 105 will take us up to the BRP at Linville Falls. LEFT on the BRP to Little Switzerland at MP 331.
Once checked into the Alpine, be sure to take the rt. 26 loop. It is a fun twisty old road off the mountain and back up. No trailers allowed!
:2beer See you all soon! (pfestus1@yahoo.com)

2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation,
Gotta get my post count up
pfestus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
sherpa
...Robert

Oddometer: 3,175
eap...your brother pinged me and I pinged him back...we're all set...meeting at Meadows of Dan on Friday morning...see you there.

05 640 Adventure
08 KTM 250 XCFW

I'd trade all my motorcycles for one Flying Dragon.
sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:27 PM   #7
MountainMan
accelerating

Oddometer: 4,436
See you fools down there..
I'm rolling south from work ~11:00 AM on that Friday..

2 KTM's heading south. Watch out.
I'll be over at the Pine Valley with the rest of the Scum..

-MM
Old 03-27-2003, 07:08 PM   #8
ROGUE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,471
Re: Re: Re: Re: less is good

Quote:
Said K12RSSteve:
OK then, I am leaving Friday morning from NOVA, anybody else want to get together for the ride down?
Early morning may be an issue dear... you may want to wait till we get closer to the date before committing. Either that, or I can meet you guys later.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:46 AM   #9
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,144
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: less is good

Quote:
Said HarveyMushman:

I still need to make lodging arrangements. Barry, you still out there?
I'm here... I am waiting until the 1st of the month to make arrangements. If you want to make them, go for it. I'll split with you.

OK ?

Barry 540-288-1819 home / 202-264-6388 work

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:16 AM   #10
freaking RT OP
will golf for food

Talking attention, may I have your attention, please

just in from Blowing Rock Inn dated 3/27/03

"Just a little line to let you know that starting
tomorrow the members of your group can reach me by phone
to guarantee their rooms. Mr. Kiehna has already
contacted me by e-mail. Also I wanted to let you know
that have a new e-mail address: blowingrockinn@charter.net

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at
anytime. (828)295-7921

We look forward to seeing all of you in May.

Thank you,
Melissa"

So give Melissa a ring and set up your reservation.
IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 03-28-2003, 06:25 AM   #11
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Done

Old 03-29-2003, 09:50 AM   #12
freaking RT OP
will golf for food

damn missed this one

OK so this is a little too important to leave in the other thread

ATTENTION, PLEASE!!!!!
I have been in contact with Melissa at the Blowing Rock Inn, Blowing Rock, NC. We are good to go for Saturday May 3, 2003. (They are currently closed, so don't call. ) She is requesting that we contact her after April 1 with your CC info for reservations. She does respond to e-mails generated via her web site Blowing Rock Inn I sent her a note asking if she would like us to verify reservations via e-mail and call later with the CC info. I'll keep you posted on her response.

I have also talked with Will at the Alpine Inn, Little Switzerland, NC 828-765-5380. He has penciled us in there for Friday, May 2, 2003. They have a limited number of rooms with double beds. So call early. He seems very pleased that we aren't a bunch of loud HD riders prices there are $44.00 for the single beds. $58 for the rooms with two beds. They only have 13 or 14 rooms.

At both places mention you're with the Adventure Rider group.

So pull out your maps and start planning your Saturday rides.

you can check out Blowing Rock at www.blowingrock.com. it has a list of restuarants near the hotel.
IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 03-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #13
freaking RT OP
will golf for food

ATTENTION, please

All attending PLEASE PM me for a confirmation AND your planned departure time.

I'm planning on attending. But, with my weird schedule right now, it's still not 100%

Hank has stepped up with a route schedule down. We need one more to step up and make plans for the other riders that are planning on a mid day Friday departure.

carry on.
IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 03-31-2003, 06:48 AM   #14
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,195
Re: ATTENTION, please

Quote:
Said freakingRTrider:
All attending PLEASE PM me for a confirmation AND your planned departure time.
Sorry, freak, my PM didn't mention my departure time. I assume it will be early or earlyish Friday morning.

Steve, do you have a route in mind for the trip south?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 07:13 AM   #15
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Hmmmm Tim

There are all kinds of ways to get there. We can always follow the back way to the Parkway.

66, Markham exit, leeds Mannor Rd to 647, 522, 230, 29, 231, 810 to 250 and then 15 and to 56 up to the parkway. Then we can follow Pfestus's route from there. We could meet at the intersection of Leeds Manor Rd and 66 at the Markham Exit.

I'll map it and send it to you.